Breastfeeding
Options

Not leaking?

I am 10 days postpartum and my milk has been in for a week now. Prior to giving birth I stocked up on breast pads since everyone told me you leak a lot. So far, not a single leak. Should I just count myself lucky or do you think the leaking is still coming? Or should I be concerned? Is it weird not to leak?

DS is gaining weight great and I can get a decent stream going when I hand expresss, so I don't think it's a supply issue. 

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.

Re: Not leaking?

• Options
    neumc14neumc14 member
    If it isn't a supply issue than consider yourself lucky. I leaked for 3 months.
  • Options

Sweet baby pic in your siggy! 

I'd wait a few more weeks before assuming you won't leak at all... though it does sound like you lucked out! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an amazing supply and never leaked. It's possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I leak at night when he has gone for more than three hours and I leak when he is nursing but on the side he isn't nursing on. I don't leak in between feedings at all. It's definitely possible
  • Options
    I never leaked with DS#1 and I EPed, 50-60oz/day. Now with DS#2, I leak, it's annoying lol. I thought my boobs were leak proof!
  • Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member

With DS2 the only time I ever leaked was around 6 weeks when LO started sleeping 6 hour stretches at night.  So, you might want to keep some pads to use during that time.  Otherwise, consider yourself lucky!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Some people never leak. I didn't leak at first... your body is still adjusting in terms of supply. I rarely leak now, but when I do it's in the MOTN... sometimes I wake u[ in a puddle of milk, soaked. I also tend to leak from one side if my boobs are kind of full and LO is eating from the other side. You likely won't leak all the time, but you might still leak sometimes... hard to say!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I did the same thing. I stocked up on boxes of nursing pads and only ended up using one. The only reason I used them is because I was afraid of having a wet shirt in public. The only time I would leak was at night in the first few weeks and that was because I was very full. I know people that leaked for months. Consider yourself a lucky mommy!
  • Options
    I never leaked with DS but have like crazy with DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"