Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Evening primrose oil

Anyone take it to help ripen your cervix or prevent tearing? Do you think it helped? When did you start taking it? When did you deliver? Did you tear?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
#1 born December 2011
TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
#2 born May 2013
TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
#3 born August 2015 
#4!!!!!!! due June 2017 

Re: Evening primrose oil

• Options
    jreaveyjreavey member

I took it. Didn't prevent my 2nd degree tear, but I didn't expect it to.  I delivered 1.5 weeks late via induction. It did make my skin look healthy though.

• Options
    I took it from about 37 weeks on. I delivered at 40 weeks 3 days. I was only a fingertip dilated 50 effaced when my water broke. I ended up with a 3rd degree laceration that still wasn't healed at 6 weeks PP required estrogen cream to help heal. So unfortunately for me, it didn't help. I took it orally, vaginally, did some perineal massage with the oil towards the end. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I took it and also deposited it in my bits from 37 weeks until birth with both my pregnancies. First son was born at 38 weeks after two hours of pushing and I had a second degree tear. My second son was born two days before 40 weeks after 5 minutes of pushing and I didn't have any tearing, no fissures or anything, just stretched.

I don't think it helped me go into labor but I do think it helped me not to tear.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started taking it at 36.5 weeks and my water broke the day before my due date and I was still only 50 thinned out and I had a 2nd degree tear. But I didn't take it vaginally, only by mouth.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options

I was told to start taking it from my Dr./MW. However, I read from several sources that EPO is a natural blood thinner. It's recommended to stop taking it two weeks before surgery. So if you had an emergency c-section, you might be screwed. The information also stated extra bleeding during birth and so on.

I'm not going to take it though. Just my two cents.

Our baby girl waves hello! Due in June!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"