Baby Showers

Diaper raffle?

Ok. Shake your head at me because after weeks of looking at this board I still can't figure out what this is. Maybe that's a good thing since so many of you say bad things about them. But really, what the heck is that!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Diaper raffle?

• Basically, shower guests bring diapers to the shower, and for every pack they bring they get a raffle ticket.  Then, somebody draws winning tickets for prizes.
    image  image

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013

• Wow. That is kinda tacky.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Actually, the couple of showers I have attended that requested this on the invite, it didn't matter how many packs of diapers a person brought (only one "ticket" was entered in the drawing). 

On the the invite it will say something along the lines of:  Bring a pack of diapers to enter a diaper raffle!  Sometimes it will be a "cutesy" poem.  The message is pretty clear and even though sometimes it might say "If you want, if you'd like, if you want to join in, etc" but really...no one shows up without a pack of diapers.  Some of them are huge packs too!  I get a smaller pack since I deduct the amount I spend on the gift by the amount I have to spend on the diapers.

• jeb2013jeb2013
    1000 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    I wish I still had my cousins baby shower invite, it had the cutest poem about bringing either diapers, wipes, bids, pacifiers, blankets, burp cloths and some other small baby items, we put them in a box when we arrived in wrapped and no name so she didn't know if someone didn't do this. Thought it was a good thing.

• image jeb2013:
    I wish I still had my cousins baby shower invite, it had the cutest poem about bringing either diapers, wipes, bids, pacifiers, blankets, burp cloths and some other small baby items, we put them in a box when we arrived in wrapped and no name so she didn't know if someone didn't do this. Thought it was a good thing.

It's gift grabby. The fact that you need a cutesy poem to make it seem nicer is not, actually, better. And so... you're just donating her these items? She doesn't know if you gave it so you don't get thanked? This is a SHOWER. NOT a fundraiser or a charity. 

imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards