Breastfeeding

STM's who EP

I knew it was going to be tough to EP with a toddler at home but I really think I am going to throw in the towel soon. I have been thinking about decreasing times I ppd due to oversupply 2 previous posts on the subject but I think I just don't want to be tied to the pump anymore. I am so torn. I can't get over the guilt of not pumping since I did it for a year with dd and I feel it would be unfair bit to not do it for ds because I have a great supply but I feel like the pump is running my life. For example how do you make s 2 year old understand that we can't go to the playground right after day care cause mommy has to go pump. Or go to an amusement park this summer but go sit in the car every three hours for mom to pump. I just want to be able to enjoy my time with my 2 LOs instead of pumping what feels like all day, everyday. Anyone else feel like this?!? I am thinking about decreasing ppd to like 5 so I can have more freedom and get what I get from it. I hAve a feeling it won't last long and I THINK I am semi ok with that. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with ff but I feel obligated to provide BMW if I can but end just didn't work for us and EPing feels much harder the second time around.
Sorry this is so long.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STM's who EP

• I could've written this post. I have a 2.5yo and have been EPing. I pumped for DS for a year so I feel lik I have to for DS#2 also. But it's really tough to entertain 2 kids while pumping. I pump in the car with a hands free bra on our way to and from places so I don't have to pump as soon as we get home.

Like you, I have also decided to cut back to 5 pumps a day because I just have to for my family. I not only pump twice while DS#1 is awake, once in the morning and once in the evening. I pump during his nap and after he goes to bed, once in the MOTN. I'm ok if my supply drops, I need the time with my boys, and my sanity more than I need milk. Right now I havve a huge oversupply, I freeze 20+oz/day, so I'm hoping I can cut back and still make enough.

GL momma, it's really really tough to EP, especially with a toddler at home. I just take it day by day. I don't know how long I'll make it, I'm not going to think that far ahead.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes some days are hard. I just tell my 2.5 year old that I need to pump and then we will do xyz. I pump 5x a day right now. 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm. Both kids are still usually sleeping at 6am and are napping at 2pm and in bed while I pump at 10pm.

In a month or so I will likely cut back to 4x since I have a really good stash in the freezer. Originally I wanted to continue to pump after one year, maybe 2x a day if any kind of supply continued and use my freezer stash. I was hoping 18 months since WHO recommends until 2 years but I don't know if I can...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"