Parenting

Scandal w/spoilers

I was surprised when David actually was doing good in the whole thing.

I'm not surprised Cy had a heart attack. I LOLed at James. Don't die when I'm so mad at you!

I really thought Mellie was going to haul off and hit Fitz in the hospital room when he was sharing Liv's plan. 

ETA More to come. I'm just typing as I'm watching. And fixes as the plot unfolds.

Re: Scandal w/spoilers

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary

Holy cats the part with Jake grabbing her and that chick breaking in to assassinate Liv was scary. I do think he was one of the good guys and obviously cared about her more than just the orders though.

• SpookoSpooko

lolol at Cy with the "MFEO, made for each other?!"

Cy was spot on with his whole speech about them not being stupid lovesick teens and that this whole star-crossed lovers in place of their own lives is ridiculous. He's a straight shooter, that's for sure, but he's typically right.

I can't imagine the shock Olivia must have felt with finding out Fitz killed Verna with his bare hands.

It's hard to tell if Cy really wants to protect Liv and that's why he showed Fitz in hopes of keeping them both safe and apart or if he really just doesn't want them to be together. Obviously he's trying to split them up, but the motive is unclear.

Look at Lindsay getting in there with the drill. She seems to have that thrill in doing it. 

• We haven't seen it, but is the season 1 DVD a good idea for Father's Day?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SpookoSpooko

WTAFFFFFFFFF about the MPBM being Olivia's dad? And he sent someone to kill her like it was nothing? And he's punishing poor Jake for trying to save her life? And do you think they're setting it up so that Jake will be damaged upon release and join Olivia's team? I'm surprised they didn't just kill him right off the bat.

Where did Charlie go in all of this. He's obviously in the wind but I'd like to know what's happening next there. 

• SpookoSpooko

image nancy30005:
    We haven't seen it, but is the season 1 DVD a good idea for Father's Day?

This show is freaking awesome. Don't read anything else in this thread though or you'll ruin it for yourself. 

• TheBubTheBub
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    I thought it was a great season finale. Some good things were wrapped up, but there are enough loose ends to keep you wondering.

I watched it alone. When she said it was her dad, and screamed "what?!?!?" real loud and looked around the room, but no one was there! I did NOT see that coming. How could he have her killed? Why does B613 care so much about them being together?

One thing I did not get was her kissing Jake. I get that she was grateful that he saved her life and put his in danger, but she was with Fitz at that point.

I said this the other day, but I was really looking forward to the storyline of the divorce and remarriage while still in office. I guess that she wouldn't be able to still be a fixer and the First Lady though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• SpookoSpooko

I agree that they struck a nice balance between closure and suspense. 

Something tells me that Liv and her dad have a tumultuous past at best.

I didn't like the kissing Jake goodbye, either, but at the same time, it was kind of like a last goodbye. 

• PrimePrime
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary

Yeah James definitely had the best line of the episode when Cyrus was in the hospital.

I said it last week that it didn't make sense that David was turning so bad.  I'm glad my feeling was right.

Holy Sh!t what Quinn has become.  The look on her face when it was splattered with blood was creepy.  I think this is going to drive Huck back to his corner for awhile.

Olivia came up with a great plan for she and Fitz.  When they were laying it out I was just thinking, "yeah I'd go for that."  Too bad we won't get to see that play out.

I was waiting for something bad to happen to Liv when she was going down for her run.  I was expecting another attack, not the press.  The press is still bad though.  The fact that that guy is her dad Indifferent

• PrimePrime

image TheBub:
    I watched it alone. When she said it was her dad, and screamed "what?!?!?" real loud and looked around the room, but no one was there! I did NOT see that coming. How could he have her killed? Why does B613 care so much about them being together?

I had the same reaction.  Thankfully my wife was there to validate how I felt.

• PrimePrime

One last thing for now...

I keep bringing up how I don't understand how Huck is able to operate in plain sight as a former B613 member.  This bomb they just set off about B613 head being Olivia's dad makes that fact even more confusing.  I can't wrap my head around it when every other agent who screws up is killed.

• SpookoSpooko
    Huck, for whatever reason, is clearly more valuable to them alive than dead.

• mcbennymcbenny
    25000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    Does Jake know Rowan is Olivia's father? Does Cyrus know? Why does he want to kill his daughter? And how about David Rosen? He's still sort of obstructing justice, but were you happy to know he's still basically a good guy?
    And Jake! Why did Jake save her her? And what will happen to him? And who leaked about the affair?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • SpookoSpooko

I'm assuming none of those people know Rowan is Olivia's father. I also read something Shonda Rhimes had said regarding the "killing" thing. She said it was open to interpretation whether that's what he was up to or not, which makes me think that maybe he wasn't.

I'm glad David is still basically good. I mean, I'd understand if after everything he's been through that he was completely jaded and flipped sides, but I'm glad he didn't.

I think Jake saved her because he really did have feelings for her. I don't believe that he was only trying to be with her because he had orders to. And I have to think they still have plans for him or they would have probably just killed him straight away.

My bets are on either Rowan or Mellie being the leak. I suppose my second set of guesses would be someone on Olivia's team or Cy's husband just because they'd have more access to that information than just anyone, and it would add a lot of drama. I have no idea what motive would be there, then, though. 

• PrimePrime
    I was surprised that Jake was put in the box.  I didn't expect such leniency after he broke orders to save Olivia (especially since he killed another agent).