Pregnant after IF

Lurker from IF- question!

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me posting here but I need some type of encouragement.  I just transferred 3 embryos this morning (day 3) that were a 6 cell grade 3, 4 cell grade 2, and 5 cell grade 3.  I don't even know whether to be hopeful or not, as my last IVF transferred 2 great 8 cells and was a BFN.  

Anyone have day 3 transfer of less than perfect embies and end up on here?  I appreciate your time to read and respond more than you know- thank you!  

Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Lurker from IF- question!

• jadweddjadwedd
    Tenth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    I had a 5 day transfer with what the dr said were low quality embryos.  Like if they were any worse they would have cancelled.  They put 2 in and had a dramatic start but right now I am almost 23 weeks along with a perfect little girl.  Don't let the grades that they give them bother you.  Just try to stay optomistic and lounge around (that is what I did - I know that there are differing theories but I just stayed in bed for a few days).  Good luck!
    Married 12-12-04
    TTC since 07
    me-36 PCOS, Tubal Problems, and polyps removed 7-12
    DH - 36 extremely handsome and no fertility problems
    IUI 8-12 and 9-12 failed
    IVF 12-21-2012 - 2 I think perfect no matter what the dr graded them (2B)embryos transferred Beta on 12-31-12 Positve - Beta is 21
    Beta 2 1-2-13 - 31
    Beta 3 1-4-13 - 53
    Beta 4 1/9 - 212!
    Ultrasound 1/10 - Nothing completely empty uterus Beta 1/14 - 743; Beta 1/17 - 1704 ultrasound shows nothing. Officially a miscarriage. 1/21 Beta 3900 Dr. says it ectopic. Ultrasound shows a miracle heartbeat right in the uterus where it belongs! Dr. says I can be cautiously optomistic!!! Hang in there baby!
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2pye4xi.jpg[/IMG
    ]
  • Thank you, I followed your story from when I started being active in here around december/january.  I know miracles happen (you are proof!) but am so worried about the number of cells they were since they should be 6-8 cells at that point.  Hoping I just have some slow starters.  Thank you for your response and encouragement! 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • mae141mae141
    Long-Lasting Membership 10 Comments Combo Breaker
    I had a 5 day transfer of one early blast that was definitely a slow starter. Of my 4 embies that had fertilized, it was the only one that kept going past day 3. My transfer was even pushed back to later in the day to see if it would keep growing. My lining was also thin and I had all but given up. I am 9w2d today. Don't give up hope! 
  • I had a 3 day transfer of two "unfavorable" embies.  Cell count was okay but pretty fragmented.  one stuck and I am now 34 weeks, so keep the faith.  They can give their best guess, but they really don't know which embies will thrive and which won't.  Good luck!
    image  image

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards