May 2013 Moms

FFFC

Go!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!

Re: FFFC

• Oh I have so many today! But for now, I have realized I am totally one of those girls who does parenting stuff she said she would never do. Like give a pacifier. But I am so glad that I am like that rather than just stubbornly doing what I want to do instead of what's best for Autumn!
    EDIT: grammar fix

April Siggy Challenge: Favorite superhero

Super Girl

• kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I have become a sleep zombie, when I can get it. Fell asleep on the birth ball yesterday. Also woke up with TP stuck to me after a very sleepy bathroom trip one night. That was embarrassing!
  • I'm becoming more understanding of the "is this labor" posts now that I'm experiencing some random, could-be early labor signs here and there.  They're still annoying since they are asked 230478230745023 times per day, but I totally get the over-analyzing of each ache and pain.
  • Between nursing and pumping for twins, I spend half my day topless. I leak all over the place and just grab whatever I see to pat off drops of milk. Sometimes it's a dish towel, sometimes it's my husband's bath towel, whatever I see... I'm disgusting.

• Sorry it's a Bieber thing again but the more I hear about him the more I loathe him. He's a complete spanner!
    imageimage
  • I am jealous of all the mommy posts. I still have an inside baby and am not even due until Monday but I want to meet him! And I want to join in the conversations about feeding and sleeping!
    image imageimage

• We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first.
    I don't really care if it hurts her feelings. At this point I'm so done with her she's brought this upon herself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little love bug arrived May 21, 2013
    Happiness is a warm (sheltie) puppy <3
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    My plan was and still is to work until I give birth. That being said, I am jealous of all the women who are stopping or have stopped working early.
    CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    Oct '14 April Signature Challenge: Favorite Flower-Amaryllis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image mishy2006:
    We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first.
    I don't really care if it hurts her feelings. At this point I'm so done with her she's brought this upon herself.

Please don't take this as a flame but that seems really harsh. Why not just wait to tell everyone then instead of singling her out? Or tell her that her plans and intentions bother you so much you dont want to tell her and hopefully that would help her chill out?
    image imageimage

• rea1687rea1687
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments
    image linegirl313:
    Between nursing and pumping for twins, I spend half my day topless. I leak all over the place and just grab whatever I see to pat off drops of milk. Sometimes it's a dish towel, sometimes it's my husband's bath towel, whatever I see... I'm disgusting.

This was me! I do not have twins but I did not have any nursing bras or tanks so I was topless for a few days. Every morning I would wake up with my chest encrusted in dried milk. I now have bras and pads! Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (27) DH (29) | Stopped BC 7/2011 | TTC#1 since 09/2011

BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)

BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born May 3, 2013
  • image CNJ4EVA:
    My plan was and still is to work until I give birth. That being said, I am jealous of all the women who are stopping or have stopped working early.

Haha dont be! I wish I was still working because I am wasting days that could be spent with my son when he arrives. Grass is always greener so if you feel
    Strong enough to keep working I definitely would!!
    image imageimage

• Yesterday, Mr Petra held Pebbles while I got down on my hands and elbows and tried an inverted pumping session after a feed, whilst wearing nothing but hot pink grannie panties that are now three sizes too big.

What can I say? Clogged ducts suck giant hairy monkey balls. I looked the damn fool, but it worked like a charm!
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF 
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Pebbles arrived safe and sound 4/13. Placenta accreta found.
    Op hysteroscopy 2/7, reopen ute/remove adhesions from accreta
    Found severe Ashermans. Fuuuuuuu... Repeat Op Hyst in March.
    Op Hyst ver 3.0 looks good so far, find out if it worked in June.

"Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • image PetraStonegirl:
    Yesterday, Mr Petra held Pebbles while I got down on my hands and elbows and tried an inverted pumping session after a feed, whilst wearing nothing but hot pink grannie panties that are now three sizes too big. What can I say? Clogged ducts suck giant hairy monkey balls. I looked the damn fool, but it worked like a charm!

Yes 

• pnutgpnutg
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Waiting at the OB's office now for my appointment. Would be thrilled if they admitted me. I want to get this over with.

-1st BFP 5/24/12, EDD 1/25/13, MMC 6/19/12 at 8 weeks, D&C 6/29/12
    -2nd BFP 9/15/12, EDD 5/20/13. CLH born 5/22/13!
  • KLJ3KLJ3
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    image CNJ4EVA:

I hope you are more organized and put together than I was...even after my due date, LO was still high and I kept procrastinating stuff at work. "Oh, I've still got time."

I ended up doing last minute stuff at the office while in labor, sending emails and answering the phone in between contractions. I really don't recommend it! Lol.
  • As much as I'm envious over all the mommies with outside babies, I am ok with not having him just yet. I'm still enjoying my "me" time by myself.

• I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy (like, "Eh, my body was made to do this- it will all work out) and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are (hopefully) in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• image AllieAGame:
    I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy (like, "Eh, my body was made to do this- it will all work out) and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are (hopefully) in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.

I feel the same way.  It's terrifying.  I watch what I say and post in an attempt to keep those thoughts at bay. 

• image AllieAGame:
    I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy like, "Eh, my body was made to do this it will all work out and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are hopefully in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.

I feel the same way! I havent been nervous at all but now that it could be any day I'm extremely paranoid sething will go wrong and it will be terrible. And I'm more nervous about being a mom now too!!
    image imageimage

• image beaubecca:
    image mishy2006:
    We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first. I don't really care if it hurts her feelings. At this point I'm so done with her she's brought this upon herself.
    Please don't take this as a flame but that seems really harsh. Why not just wait to tell everyone then instead of singling her out? Or tell her that her plans and intentions bother you so much you dont want to tell her and hopefully that would help her chill out?

I understand the drama that can come with families and delivery rooms, I've got some myself.  But I agree with the PP.  Personally, I wouldnt have told anyone about an induction, until I was well into labor.  If you are having trouble with one person, instead of trying to beat around the bush just be straight up blunt about it.   YOU make the decisions, no one else.   You flat out tell her "No, MIL, you will not be the first person to see the baby, so drop it.  You will come back when invited."  If you want your mother, have your husband walk out to the waiting room and ask your mom to come see you, and tell the rest that he will back for the next visitor in just a moment.   Tell the nurses that no one comes into your room without your permission.   

It's really not that hard to stand your ground.  Being firm about your wishes isnt being mean. 

And I suppose that's my FFC.  I've spent months on these boards reading about women scared to stand up to their moms/inlaws/hospital visitors, and it drives me crazy.  No one can enter your hospital room, or delivery room, or take your baby out of your arms without your permission, and it baffles me that people allow themselves to be walked all over. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image botanicalbliss:

image AllieAGame:
    I've been surprisingly calm throughout this pregnancy (like, "Eh, my body was made to do this- it will all work out) and thankfully everything has been great! But now that we are (hopefully) in the last week of so, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID! I keep thinking, "What if we've gotten this far and something goes horribly wrong?" I keep typing out "Anyone else" type posts and then deleting before submitting because I know I'm just being ridiculous.

I feel the same way. &nbsp;It's terrifying. &nbsp;I watch what I say and post in an attempt to keep those thoughts at bay.&nbsp;

So true!
    imageimage
  • D&amp;S724D&S724
    500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary

image beaubecca:
    I am jealous of all the mommy posts. I still have an inside baby and am not even due until Monday but I want to meet him! And I want to join in the conversations about feeding and sleeping!

Same here! Then again, I was happy to be able to go the PTA's Bingo Night last night, and we have a busy weekend ahead, so I'm not in THAT much of a rush.

Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • jayro10jayro10
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    image mishy2006:
    We aren't telling my MIL that I'm being induced on Monday. Everyone else in the immediate family know but her because she's adamant that she's following us to the hospital and she wants to be the first one back and I'm not dealing with that. I kind of feel bad but DH really doesn't want to tell her either. It will be so much less stressful not worrying about her trying to fight my poor mom to come back first.

I totally get this. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Your labor, your choice.

We haven't said anything to MIL about my being on modified bedrest now to PIH and potential pree. I'm not due till the 30th. She only lives a couple minutes away, but if she knew I was home all day now she would try to come here and keep me company....and that would definitely not help my blood pressure! My mom, on the other hand, knows every detail and has come to visit when she's not working. I've told my mom about everything pregnancy related, but MIL basically only knows my due date and that it's a girl.
  • image AllieAGame:

Ditto.  I've been super calm and yesterday was my first internal.  As i was sitting there with no pants on and the drape on my lap for 30 minutes waiting (thanks doc), I suddenly got the urge to flee.  

"What if she walks in, looks and says 'i'll meet you at L&D.'  Nooooooo!!!!  I'm not ready!!!!" even though an hour before I thought I was.

*edited for a forgotten "t" 

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • KLJ3KLJ3
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    I just want to smack the women in the pictures from all the breastfeeding literature and advertisements. Their perfect hair, blissful "look how I'm doing everything right for my baby" smiles, and ease of positioning...I hate them all.

If a photographer were to drop in to my house right now, his first picture would be of disheveled me with wet hair [hey, I did manage a shower today], bare and sweaty chest, pillows propped all around, feet up on a cardboard box, and tiny babe suckling away at a nipple shield [or a bottle...oh, the horror!]. His second picture would be of his tonsils as I crammed the camera down his throat.

ETA something I forgot
  • I don't open the Birth Stories without PIP indicated.  I wish people would just post "[Baby Name] has arrived - Squishy PIP" and post their little newborn photos.

I don't care if you had your baby is a tub, an OR, had an epidural, stadol, or anything for that matter.

I just want to see babies!

BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• image KLJ3:
    I just want to smack the women in the pictures from all the breastfeeding literature and advertisements. Their perfect hair, blissful "look how I'm doing everything right for my baby" smiles, and ease of positioning...I hate them all. If a photographer were to drop in to my house right now, his first picture would be of disheveled me with wet hair [hey, I did manage a shower today], bare and sweaty chest, pillows propped all around, feet up on a cardboard box, and tiny babe suckling away at a nipple shield [or a bottle...oh, the horror!]. His second picture would be of his tonsils as I crammed the camera down his throat. ETA something I forgot

Every time I opened a new OPK while TTC, I would poke holes in the eyes of the smiling mother on the box.  Oh how I loathed her. 

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Confession #2... I want DD2 to be born NOW just so I can put my cool new double stroller to use.  (Only half-kidding)
    BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• I hate BFing. I'm trying to stick with it because it's best for my babies but it's so effing hard to feed two babies. It seems whenever they want anything more than a snack they can't get full by nursing alone, so we're supplementing with formula and every time I pump, someone wants the pumped milk right away so I can't build up any sort of stash. I end up exhausted, frustrated and sad that I can't provide what they need. Yesterday afternoon and again yesterday evening, I spent three straight hours trying to nurse only to end up giving them formula. This is preventing me from enjoying my babies. It just sucks.

• image wmorgan003:
    I hate BFing. I'm trying to stick with it because it's best for my babies but it's so effing hard to feed two babies. It seems whenever they want anything more than a snack they can't get full by nursing alone, so we're supplementing with formula and every time I pump, someone wants the pumped milk right away so I can't build up any sort of stash. I end up exhausted, frustrated and sad that I can't provide what they need. Yesterday afternoon and again yesterday evening, I spent three straight hours trying to nurse only to end up giving them formula. This is preventing me from enjoying my babies. It just sucks.

Just do what's right for your family and yourself, no matter how they get fed, as long as they are eating. BFing isn't right for everyone- no shame! I was a 8-week preemie twin, exclusively FF and my sister and I turned out great. Healthiest kids in our classes growing up. Whatever you decide to do, as long as your kids are cared for, fed and their needs met, you are doing it right. 

She is here! 5-29-13