36 Weeks Pregnant

Small Gestational Age

I went to the OB/GYN for my 36 week check up and my doctor told me that my baby is small for her gestational age, meaning she is measuring less than 36cm at fundal height.  I have been reading about SGA and it's freaking me out.  My doctor told me not to worry and will have an ultrasound done next week. Has anyone been told that their baby is small for their gestational age? 

Re: Small Gestational Age

• I was recently told the same thing. I had the ultrasound and the technician said, "not too sure what the doctor was measuring, all is well." Anyway, I'm sure you have no reason to worry. Easier said than done, I know. You'll rest easier after the ultrasound but in the meantime, try to stay positive. Extra stress isn't good for the baby either. Best of luck.
  • I measured Tuesday 33 wks gestation...I'm 36wks...I have an ultra sound Friday...the doc said it could be due to the way the baby is positioned ( she favors my right side so she said the ultra sound will tell them if that's the reason or if she is indeed small and if she is we will look at next steps
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told the same thing! I'm 36.3 now but at my 35th I was measuring 31cm. I've been freaking right out. They said I'll probably have a 6lbs baby which is okay but I'm really worried whenever they talk about my "small" baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"