July 2013 Moms

Am i the only one who

doesn't care to hear about the status of everybody's mucus plug? I know we are all adults... well most of us here, but I just would not rather read those posts. If the posts are clearly labeled I just won't open them. Maybe I am alone in my thoughts, but I wanted to see if anyone had the same feelings as I do.
                                              Haley (14) Chelsea (10) and Ava born 7/10/13

Ava's mean/angry/mad face

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                           Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Am i the only one who

• It's just a shock to some of us when we see it people come to these boards for reassurance and advice, sometimes even before calling their OBs... I do agree maybe the post titles could be more accurately labeled as a warning, lol! All of our bodily functions are not so pretty... :P
  • It's yucky...but I suppose I don't really care. I won't be sharing if mine happens to plop out, lol on the word plop. Sorry, immature. 
  • Definitely one of the grosser parts of pregnancy. I'm with livvy...at least no one has posted a picture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image LivvyKH:
    Agreed. Unless something really interesting also happened along with mucous plug loss. Also, "mucous" and "plug" are both really ugly words and it has an extra ickfactor as a result.nbsp;At least no one has posted a picture.. yet..nbsp;

Yikes!! A picture!! Cringing lol
  • Eh, it doesn't really bother me, but I come from a family that overshares.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 12/7/2011 EDD 8/21/2012 Delivered at 15 weeks
    "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." 
    BFP#2 10/19/2012 EDD 6/30/2013 Delivered safely two days early

Everyone is welcome in my posts.

• It doesn't bother me yet, but I'm sure that's a topic that will get more and more threads as we go on.

BFP #1 3.23.12 ~ EDD 11.29.12 ~ M/C 5.20.12 ~ D&E 5.21.12 
        BFP #2 10.21.12 ~ EDD 7.4.13 ~ DS born 6.14.13 via c/s dx IUGR
    TFAS since June 2014  

• They don't bother me. I'm a FTM so I didn't really know anything about mucus plugs, or the fact they could come out months before labor and grow back. I think I would have been terrified if that happend to me and I hadn't seen that it was a common occurrence.

I don't think the books I've been reading have talked about it.

• I don't really care, but please don't post pictures yo.

I mean, the mucus plug can regenerate so its not really worth freaking if you lose part of it. As always, notify your doctor, but I don't understand.

However, be prepared we are going to get a ton of "is this labor? zomg I farted" posts. It just comes with the territory.

imageimage
    imageimage

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • image PrimRoseMama:

I don't really care, but please don't post pictures yo.

I mean, the mucus plug can regenerate so its not really worth freaking if you lose part of it. As always, notify your doctor, but I don't understand.

However, be prepared we are going to get a ton of "is this labor? zomg I farted" posts. It just comes with the territory.

I'm waiting for the "OMG I might poop in labor?! In front of DH?!? And docs and nurses!?! How do I avoid this?" posts.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • image kdasr:
    image PrimRoseMama:

Literally just snorted at this. 

Omg Prim you made me laugh out loud. Please no pics anyone or you will be banned from this board!! Lol.

• image ncchnat:
    Eh, it doesn't really bother me, but I come from a family that overshares.

This. I hear worse from my family so it doesn't bother me.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image juliedave151:
    image kdasr:
    image PrimRoseMama:

Omg Prim you made me laugh out loud. Please no pics anyone or you will be banned from this board!! Lol.

With this being my 3rd pregnancy, I have never seen a mucus plug. Had no idea what it would look like. So I googled "pictures of mucus plugs"........I am so sorry I did!!!! 

BabyName Ticker
  • Mucous plug posts seem kind of silly to me. Losing or not losing your MP means nothing. It just seems like another thing to obsess over at the end of a pregnancy. Kind of like having your OB check your cervix at your weekly appointments. Can't wait for those "I'm a finger tip dilated!" posts, too.

June Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cat GIF

"Penis or vagina or penis or vagina or penis or vagina?"

"PENIS."

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• image sloturtle:
    image juliedave151:
    image kdasr:
    image PrimRoseMama:

With this being my 3rd pregnancy, I have never seen a mucus plug. Had no idea what it would look like. So I googled "pictures of mucus plugs"........I am so sorry I did!!!! 

I did that a few weeks back because I don't remember ever losing mine with my daughters, and I regret doing it as well. Lol.

• image valstulas:
    Mucous plug posts seem kind of silly to me. Losing or not losing your MP means nothing. It just seems like another thing to obsess over at the end of a pregnancy. Kind of like having your OB check your cervix at your weekly appointments. Can't wait for those "I'm a finger tip dilated!" posts, too.

Exactly... just because you lose your plug it does not mean you will be giving birth in the next few days. Lol

• image juliedave151:
    image valstulas:
    Mucous plug posts seem kind of silly to me. Losing or not losing your MP means nothing. It just seems like another thing to obsess over at the end of a pregnancy. Kind of like having your OB check your cervix at your weekly appointments. Can't wait for those "I'm a finger tip dilated!" posts, too.

Exactly... just because you lose your plug it does not mean you will be giving birth in the next few days. Lol

Haha, I've told several FTM friends that were asking about the MP that I lost my MP three times with DS1.

June Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cat GIF

"Penis or vagina or penis or vagina or penis or vagina?"

"PENIS."

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic