Breastfeeding

Sick baby won't nurse today

For the last few days dd has had a cold and I imagine the congestion is making nursing difficult. I'm doing hat I can to try to help her but today she's barely nursing at all. She nursed once overnight instead of 2 or 3 times and then in the morning on only one side, and now nearly 8 hours later she is finally nursing again. I hand expressed a bit cause I don't want to get a plug or anything. I don't pump or give bottles, but next time something like this happens should I pump? Will I mess up my supply if I don't? I have a pump I have just never used it.

Edit she is 7.5 months.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sick baby won't nurse today

• Try nursing in a hot steamy shower, thats what i do when little guy is sick, clear his nose and just in when its goo and steamy, and you should pump if it gets too long btwn feeding, dont want to hurt, but if you only nurse dont worry too much. I am the same way and my supply has never had an issue... Good lick and i hope little one is better soon...

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• jlpevjlpev member
    imagekfdecarie:
    Try nursing in a hot steamy shower, thats what i do when little guy is sick, clear his nose and just in when its goo and steamy, and you should pump if it gets too long btwn feeding, dont want to hurt, but if you only nurse dont worry too much. I am the same way and my
    supply has never had an issue... Good
    lick and i hope little one is better
    soon...

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At 7.5m your supply should be fine with one day of her not nursing as much. Ditto PPs suggestion of sitting in the bathroom with a hot shower running - the steam may help. Run a humidifier too. Or try aspirating her nose right before nursing to get it as clear as possible.

Hope she feels better soon!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"