Breastfeeding
Options

Need help getting baby to take bottle

I'm trying to get some help for a friend. She has to have surgery and may need chemo afterwards and obviously wouldn't be able to nurse her baby during that time. The problem is that they have not been able to get their baby to take a bottle at all. Do any of you have suggestions for how to get her to take a bottle? I think she's 4-5 months old. Thanks!

Re: Need help getting baby to take bottle

• Options

Different bottles (shapes, styles, nipple kind (silicone versus latex)

Different holds (of baby - facing out - facing in - cradle - sitting up, etc)

Different people (mom, dad, grandma, friend, etc)

Having mom leave the HOUSE (not just the room - the HOUSE)

Warm, warmer, cold, etc tempature changes of milk - (friends have a baby that likes her milk borderline HOT, daycare has a baby that likes it warm - but if it cools while she's eating it they have to re warm it)

Try warming the nipple up as well as the milk

Try freshly pumped milk versus frozen.. 

time.. sometimes repeated offerings will help.. (as well as different times of day)

IF nothing else - I've heard people try sippy cups, spoon feeding - regular cups..  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    imageopaque1997:
    Different bottles shapes, styles, nipple kind silicone versus latexDifferent holds of baby facing out facing in cradle sitting up, etcDifferent people mom, dad, grandma, friend, etcHaving
    mom leave the HOUSE not just the room the HOUSEWarm, warmer, cold, etc tempature changes of milk friends have a baby that likes her milk borderline HOT, daycare has a baby that likes it warm but if it cools while she's eating it they have to re warm itTry warming the nipple up as well as the milknbsp;Try freshly pumped milk versus frozen..nbsp;time.. sometimes repeated offerings will help.. as well as different times of daynbsp;IF nothing else I've heard people try sippy cups, spoon feeding regular
    cups.. nbsp;

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejlpev:
    imageopaque1997:
    Different bottles shapes, styles, nipple kind silicone versus latexDifferent holds of baby facing out facing in cradle sitting up, etcDifferent people mom, dad, grandma, friend, etcHaving
    mom leave the HOUSE not just the room the HOUSEWarm, warmer, cold, etc tempature changes of milk friends have a baby that likes her milk borderline HOT, daycare has a baby that likes it warm but if it cools while she's eating it they have to re warm itTry warming the nipple up as well as the milknbsp;Try freshly pumped milk versus frozen..nbsp;time.. sometimes repeated offerings will help.. as well as different times of daynbsp;IF nothing else I've heard people try sippy cups, spoon feeding regular
    cups.. nbsp;

This!

All of this. Playtex nursers worked nest with mine. She refused bottles for a while. Also, a medicine syringe worked too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"