Parenting after a Loss

Mini crib issue

Mobile:  Mini crib issue 

E sleeps in an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper like this.  

It is not very wide.  I believe it is like 18 or 20 inches and she is 24 inches long.  This has not been a problem until this morning when I woke up and she had turned 90 degrees and was all scrunched up in there.  She did not look comfortable and she was fussing a bit.  

Here is the question.  Do I stop using it?  She is only 8 weeks old today.  I had really hoped to use it for awhile longer.  We will be keeping her in our room until the 3 month mark and then moving her to her crib.  I have another full size PNP but it is on the main level and I use it down there a lot.  I really don't want to buy something else since I have the mini crib and a PNP at my house and a PNP at my parent's house.  All in all too much baby crap.  Maybe it was just a fluke, she totally rotated herself?  DD1 was so different.  I would stick her in her bed swaddled and she would stay in that place literally until I went in in the morning. E squirms and kicks and moves all over all the time.  

This is totally a first world problem.  Poor me with a total 3 portable sleeping solutions and a crib and I'm whining.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Mini crib issue

• I'd say it was a fluke and try again.  If it happens again, can you just get the PnP from the grandparents? Or maybe just consider transitioning to the crib earlier than you planned?

"Grow old and be bold and know that you are the magic of my song" -Stephen Leonard

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 1: missed mc @ 5w2d/discovered @ 11w+, 11/07, BFP 2: natural mc@ 6w+/-, 6/08, BFP 3: bradycardia & abnormal growth @ 6w to 9w, no hb 9w5d, 8/10

BFP#4: Baby W is born at 41w1d on 7/18/11

BFP# 5: EDD 3/8/13, Baby C arrived 3-4-13.  "March forth, little girl" :)

BFP# 6: EDD 8/25/14, Please complete our family, bebe <3 </font>

*In my bag:  Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Nikon F65, Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8DX, Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4D, Nikkor 105mm Micro 1:2.8D, Sigma 70-200mm D 1:2.8 APO DG HSM, (2) SB-700, (2) SB-24* 

• image andrea ri 80:
    I'd say it was a fluke and try again.  If it happens again, can you just get the PnP from the grandparents? Or maybe just consider transitioning to the crib earlier than you planned?

Well, I could... but do I want to.  I think I would probably pull the PNP from downstairs first.  E and I go to my parent's 3 days a week while Samantha is in school.  I work from here since it is right around the corner from her school.  So I think it would be harder to lug it to and from houses than up and down stairs.  I may just end up starting to put her on the floor downstairs.  

As far as transitioning her to her crib early.  We moved DD1 to her crib at 2 months.  It went awesome and there were no issues.  However, I now know that SIDS is most common between 2-4 months and risk is greatly reduced if they are in the room with you.  I asked my ped about her thoughts and she recommended 3 months (of course right smack in the middle)  The logical part of me says I could move her now and she will be fine but then there is the evil anxiety part of me... 

• Why not switch it with the PNP? That way you can supervise her more when she's sleeping in that sleeper during the day and she could sleep in the PNP at night. They do start wiggling around a lot and end up in different places than they were originally.
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I second the switch with the PNP idea.

BTW-thanks for the info regarding SIDS, I hadn't realized that 2-4 months is the most common time.  We were planning on switching DD to her crib around 3 months but maybe I will extend it to 4. 

• I agree with just trading the two out.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• That's why we had to move our girls to their room. Unfortunately the PnP didn't fit in our room so we didn't have another option. I'd say give it another night but if it happens again give the PnP a shot. As you well know, they just get wigglier!
  • image Jessiebug81:
    That's why we had to move our girls to their room. Unfortunately the PnP didn't fit in our room so we didn't have another option. I'd say give it another night but if it happens again give the PnP a shot. As you well know, they just get wigglier!

Dang little wigglers. Can't you just strap them down or something? :::mobile wink:::

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm gonna wait it out, hope it was a fluke but I like the switching of the 2 idea. Very nice. ::in my best Borat::