Baby Names

ok, one more girls name for today

OK, I get you all don't like Leigh, I'm not sure why as I think it is very pretty and more feminie looking.  My name is Kelley and I have had to correct people's spelling forever and it doesn't bother me, I think it's funny that people get stuck on one spelling...

anyway

How about Annaleigh?  NO I will not go with Annalee don't like it

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me 42, dh 48   16,14,12,11, baby bobo

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d15a4

July Siggy Challenge: RealityTV

Re: ok, one more girls name for today

• It's OK. 

I don't really like Lee/ Lea/ Leigh at all so that's my issue-- not really the spelling.

Annaleigh/ Annalee is a smooshy name to begin with so I can't imagine there is a "traditional" spelling of the name.

OaD July siggy challenge- Paitriotism

View Full Size Image

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• I don't mind the different variations of Leigh but I do not like Annaleigh or Annalee.  I think they should be two separate names.  No smooshing.

"Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway." - RDJ
    "Even if it's a lie, say it will be alright.  And I shall believe." SC
  • Joy2611Joy2611
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

Annaleigh is entirely too many letters for two small sounds.  Annalee is ... eh.

I don't care for the name in general, I guess.

What about Annabelle?

Or Anna Leigh LastName?

~ May 2011: Married ~ December 2013: NTNP ~ March 2014: Chemical Pregnancy ~
    image   image

I love you. Maybe I'm an idiot for it, but I always have. Everything good that I try and do I do it because of you.  I try and get away but I just keep coming back. And that's because I love you.

• I'm not a fan. I like Anna and Leigh but together they are to similar to Anally. I like Anna Leigh Last name or maybe Annelise?
    Carly

First month TTCing #2 7/12

My DX: Lupus, PCOS, LPD and LP/DH's DX: LM
    m/c 10/04, m/c 7/05
    Pregnant with DD, after 3 rounds of Clomid, 8/06, loss of her twin 11/06
    m/c 1/09, mc 2/13, c/p 5/13
    1st round of Clomid this time (50 mg) 10/13- BFN
    2nd round of Clomid (100 mg) 11/13- BFN
    Cycle #18: 12/13- Break from meds for yet another HSG for me and yet another SA for DH. We're on our own this month! 

Potato Launcher

• I didn't see your other post but Leigh isn't that bad. If you really like it go for it. I definitely like it better than smooshing it with Anna.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Helenahhandbasket:

Annaleigh/ Annalee is a smooshy name to begin with so I can't imagine there is a "traditional" spelling of the name.

Maybe Annalie? It's the Finnish variation of Hannah. It means "the Lord has favored me". I like it. :)

OP, I don't like Annaleigh at all. If you're set on using Leigh, could you use it as MN? For example, FirstName Leigh LastName.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• image Iloveshanej:
    I'm not a fan. I like Anna and Leigh but together they are to similar to Anally. I like Anna Leigh Last name or maybe Annelise?

That was my first thought as well.

• IdaniIdani
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    My mind just continues to associate this name with Anal. 

Little Dude 1 is 5 Little Dude 2 is 2.
  • I hate the -Leigh endings to names bc it is just so trendy and pointless, plus I hate the look of it. Holleigh, Ashleigh, Cayleigh... They look ridiculous but I can see why doing Analy is not an option!

• I am not a fan...i think Anna Leigh is much better. Analy will always come to mind for me when the name gets smooshed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • I love it and think its a great name! My MIL is LeeAnna and my sister is Ashleigh, we are very much considering Annaleigh if we ever have a daughter. If you like it then go with it. Honestly, any name that is even slightly out of the norm wont get you any support on these boards, sadly. 
  • image Helenahhandbasket:

It's OK. 

I don't really like Lee/ Lea/ Leigh at all so that's my issue-- not really the spelling.

I agree with all of this.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually like Leigh on its own.

Not a fan of Annaleigh.

Love PP's suggestion of Anneliese, or however it's spelled, though.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • image Iloveshanej:
    I'm not a fan. I like Anna and Leigh but together they are to similar to Anally. I like Anna Leigh Last name or maybe Annelise?

This.  Thank you.  I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• I like Leigh, just plain Leigh.

I do not like Annaleigh.

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • ya'll are hilarious, I'm not very uptight but never would associate annaleigh with analy... wowsers thanks for the giggle!

Me 42, dh 48   16,14,12,11, baby bobo

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d15a4

July Siggy Challenge: RealityTV

• Love the sound of the name but I just can't dig Leigh attached to another name. It's a standalone to me and looks funny added on.