February 2012 Moms

UO/Say Anything

Go!
Dealing with tree nut (me), peanut & egg (DS) allergies.

Re: UO/Say Anything

• SA: There is a mockingbird in our neighborhood who mimics Cody's crying. It is driving me crazy! When Cody's asleep in his crib for a nap, with his door closed, and I'm on the other side of the house, I can't tell if it's Cody or that stupid bird crying. The mockingbird also mimics a car alarm that cycles through all those different alarm sounds.

UO: I hate mule type shoes. How in the world to women keep those things on their feet??? They look cheap, too, like they couldn't afford a strap to keep it attached to their heel.

Dealing with tree nut (me), peanut & egg (DS) allergies.
  • UO: I hate personlized license plates.  I think they're ridiculous.  Especially ones like this....IMTHAT1, BABEMOM.  I had a couple others that I've seen in the last week but I've forgotten them.  Anyway, to me, these people look like idiots! :)

SA: Ian has his 15mo check up today. I can't wait to see how much he's grown!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lancyjolancyjo
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its

SA: I am eating Italian Cream Cake for breakfast. My sister made it, and it's amazing. Diet be d@mned!

UO: There is no need for girls/women to wear short-shorts. I don't need to see that much of your skin, thank-you-very-much. Mid-thigh shorts will do just fine, and chances are that you'll look classier in them, anyway.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • SA: My boobs are killing me!

UO: I don't like any of MTV's reality shows,especially Teen Mom. I think it gives a bad rap to the teen moms that bust their azz to provide a good life for their children and glorifies the idea of having children while still in school.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • image Starbuck128:
    mule type shoes...
      I'll confess that I had to look up "Mule Shoes", I'm way into fashion(can you tell!).  And I'll confess that I have a couple pairs of shoes that I guess would be considered to be "mule shoes".  They're comfy.

Here's what wikipedia says about them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule_shoe, I find it humorous that they were associated with prostitutes...easy on and easy off, don't have time to waste on taking your shoes off, gotta get the next customer in?  Well, that's why I like them, easy on and easy off, lol!

• image lancyjo:

UO: There is no need for girls/women to wear short-shorts. I don't need to see that much of your skin, thank-you-very-much. Mid-thigh shorts will do just fine, and chances are that you'll look classier in them, anyway.

baby clapping gif 

ETA: but I am being a bit hypcritical here because while I buy only mid-thigh shorts these days, I still wear my high school era Soffees around the house/neighborhood.  I bought them long for Soffees, but still...

BFP #1, DD: 02/28/2012 | BFP #2, EDD: 12/22/2013 M/MC | BFP #3, EDD: 05/17/2014 CP
    BFP #4, EDD: 07/25/2014 CP  | BFP #5, EDD: 08/28/2014 | All AL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SA: Today is DH's birthday - I haven't even gotten a card yet.  I guess I know what I'm doing during my lunch break today!

UO: (I should save this for FFFC but I won't be online tomorrow so here goes)  The little kids' rhyme has it right, "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage."  Sorry if I am offending anyone, but I am such a strong believer in this.  I know so many people (including DH's best friend, who I LOVE!) who did it out of "order" that it makes me sad that what I consider traditional family values are just being ignored.  Sorry...marriage is important! 

And before you waste your breath. let me put in the following: You will not change my mind so don't give me a list of reasons why marriage isn't necessary.  I am a supporter and believer in marriage equality for EVERYONE.  I don't care if it "is working for you" because, again, you won't change my beliefs.  Yes, I understand things happen and no, I'm not all or nothing on this opinion so save your examples for another time.

O14 Siggy Challenge - Teenage Crush - Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez

Benny the Jet

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - (JrNi)

• lancyjolancyjo
    image ninthgirl:
    image lancyjo:

baby clapping gif 

ETA: but I am being a bit hypcritical here because while I buy only mid-thigh shorts these days, I still wear my high school era Soffees around the house/neighborhood.  I bought them long for Soffees, but still...

I love that GIF! Smile

I don't mind Soffees around the house! It's out and about that I don't like. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • lancyjolancyjo
    image MrMrsandBaby:

UO: (I should save this for FFFC but I won't be online tomorrow so here goes)  The little kids' rhyme has it right, "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage."  Sorry if I am offending anyone, but I am such a strong believer in this.  I know so many people (including DH's best friend, who I LOVE!) who did it out of "order" that it makes me sad that what I consider traditional family values are just being ignored.  Sorry...marriage is important! 

Agreed.

Oh, and WHAT?!?!?! WHYYYYY won't you be online tomorrow?!?! It's my long day at work, what will I do??!!! Crying

212 Facebook Admin.
  • UO:  I didn't think Silver Linings Playbook was very good.  Jennifer Lawrence was such a controlling b*itch (so were his parents in it) and the story-telling was SO obvious and lateral.  I don't get the hype.

• SA: I'm so glad it's warming up and we can play outside more. The kids and I are going stir crazy!

Another SA: I'm not leaving my house unless I HAVE to. If I do I usually end up buying something or eating out. I'm sick of spending money I things/food I don't need. This is the only way to avoid my impulsive spending.
  • image lancyjo:
    image MrMrsandBaby:

Agreed.

Oh, and WHAT?!?!?! WHYYYYY won't you be online tomorrow?!?! It's my long day at work, what will I do??!!! Crying

DH is gone for the weekend starting tomorrow morning so Allison and I are playing hooky and having a mommy/daughter day tomorow (and most of the weekend)!  No internet, just lots of us time!

Benny the Jet

Lilypie - (JrNi)

• Feeding off the other fashion UO's I remembered mine.  I hate the new "let's wear gym clothes even though we aren't going to the gym" fad.  I am so over everyone in soccer shorts and yoga pants it drives me nuts because I know 80-90% of the people in these clothes are NOT going to the gym or any other outdoor activity.  And no, I'm not talking about the mom who is obviously running in the grocery store for milk and didn't feel like changing out of her comfy clothes for the quick trip.  I'm talking about the whole family who is out to dinner or shopping in the mall, hanging out at Target, etc.  I think it is possible to put on a pair of regular shorts, or jeans and a tee shirt and still be comfy.  I have no problem with you wearing leggings outside (I wear them), just wear a tunic style shirt that will cover your butt, and possibly your cellulite if you have it. 

I think my major issue is that no one takes pride in the way they look anymore.  And I think it's making it harder for kids when the enter the real world.  College kids are coming to interviews in jeans and flip flop shoes and doing their presentations in gym shorts.  I'm sorry, but when will people take pride in the way they look?  I don't expect everyone to be glamorous, but I don't think you should come to work with wrinkled clothes or leggings and a cardigan to a job where you are supposed to be professionally dressed.  I just think it's nuts. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lancyjolancyjo
    image MrMrsandBaby:
    image lancyjo:

Agreed.

DH is gone for the weekend starting tomorrow morning so Allison and I are playing hooky and having a mommy/daughter day tomorow (and most of the weekend)!  No internet, just lots of us time!

Ok, you're totally forgiven. Have fun!!! Smile

212 Facebook Admin.
  • image ssimon621:

I think my major issue is that no one takes pride in the way they look anymore.

I agree a hundred percent.

• image ssimon621:
    Feeding off the other fashion UO's I remembered mine.nbsp; I hate the new "let's wear gym clothes even though we aren't going to the gym" fad.nbsp; I am so over everyone in soccer shorts and yoga pants it drives me nuts because I know 8090 of the people in these clothes are NOT going to the gym or any other outdoor activity.nbsp; And no, I'm not talking about the mom who is obviously running in the grocery store for milk and didn't feel like changing out of her comfy clothes for the quick trip.nbsp; I'm talking about the whole family who is out to dinner or shopping in the mall, hanging out at Target, etc.nbsp; I think it is possible to put on a pair of regular shorts, or jeans and a tee shirt and still be comfy.nbsp; I have no problem with you wearing leggings outside I wear them, just wear a tunic style shirt that will cover your butt, and possibly your cellulite if you have it.nbsp;
    I think my major issue is that no one takes pride in the way they look anymore.nbsp; And I think it's making it harder fornbsp;kids when the enter the real world.nbsp; College kids are coming to interviews in jeans and flip flop shoes and doing their presentations in gym shorts.nbsp; I'm sorry, but when will people take pride in the way they look?nbsp; I don't expect everyone to be glamorous, but I don't think you should come to work with wrinkled clothes or leggings and a cardigan to a job where you are supposed to be professionally dressed.nbsp; I just think it's nuts.nbsp;
    nbsp;

This, this, and this! When I see someone in work out clothes wearing flip flops, or a regular bra, I just want to tell them "you're not fooling anyone"
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image MrsLindinger0905:
    This, this, and this! When I see someone in work out clothes wearing flip flops, or a regular bra, I just want to tell them "you're not fooling anyone"

HA!  I read this all dyslexic and thought you said, ?When I see someone OUT in WORK clothes..." and panicked thinking I was wearing the wrong bra to work!

Benny the Jet

Lilypie - (JrNi)

• image Jessicameron:
    image ssimon621:

I want to add that I'm as guilty of this as the next person, especially around the house. Lately I've made a special effort to look nice when my husband comes home from work. That may sound ridiculously 1950s and you can think whatever you want about me, but it's easy to hit that point where you don't care, or let yourself go, or however you want to term it. I think that caring about your appearance does as much for you on the inside as it does the outside. I also think you can look nice AND be comfortable.

• image Jessicameron:
    image Jessicameron:
    image ssimon621:
    I want to add that I'm as guilty of this as the next person, especially around the house. Lately I've made a special effort to look nice when my husband comes home from work. That may sound ridiculously 1950s and you can think whatever you want about me, but it's easy to hit that point where you don't care, or let yourself go, or however you want to term it. I think that caring about your appearance does as much for you on the inside as it does the outside. I also think you can look nice AND be comfortable.

Kudos to the bolded!  I do the same...when I work from home, I used ot not put makeup on and stay in my pj's most of the day.  Lately, I have been making a real effort to look at least "weekend" nice (including makeup) because I see DH all morning and I want him to smile, not roll his eyes, when he sees me.

Benny the Jet

Lilypie - (JrNi)

• image Jessicameron:
    image Jessicameron:
    image ssimon621:

I'd love some look nice and be comfortable advice.  Part of my problem these days is that I'm so stuck on "will I be wearing maternity, or won't I?" that I never seem to get around to updating my closet.  Instead my stuff gets stained or ripped and I keep wearing it around the house or just give up and wear sweats.  Then I feel like I look stupid, but it always seems like there are other priorities for our money and time than buying outfits for me!

BFP #1, DD: 02/28/2012 | BFP #2, EDD: 12/22/2013 M/MC | BFP #3, EDD: 05/17/2014 CP
    imageimageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • UO: I don't like overalls for babies/toddlers. When J used to wear them, they came up to his ears when he sat down, and got in the way of nursing. 

imageimageimage
  • image laura.noel:
    UO: I don't like overalls for babies/toddlers. When J used to wear them, they came up to his ears when he sat down, and got in the way of nursing. 

I don't like them for anyone of any age...they are ugly.  And MIL keeps sending us dresses like this for Allison...gag.

Benny the Jet

Lilypie - (JrNi)

• image laura.noel:
    UO: I don't like overalls for babies/toddlers. When J used to wear them, they came up to his ears when he sat down, and got in the way of nursing. 

I so disagree.  DD has never a problem with the fit of overalls.  It took all of my power not to pick these overalls up off the sale rack yesterday, but they weren't on a quite good enough sale.

imageimageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image ninthgirl:

image laura.noel:

I so disagree.  DD has never a problem with the fit of overalls.  It took all of my power not to pick these overalls up off the sale rack yesterday, but they weren't on a quite good enough sale.

That answers my question!  I look at things like this and think "who buys that!"  Now I know!  See, this is why there are so many options!  Different tastes in clothes.  I tend to dress Allison like a little person (jeans and a t-shirt) all the time - if I wouldn't wear it I don't put her in it (no more fleece/knit pants if I can help it!).  I also really don't like characters on clothes so we don't have any Dora, Mickey, etc...for her.

My poor kid!

Benny the Jet

Lilypie - (JrNi)

• image laura.noel:

TOTALLY AGREE!! I think they look ridiculous in them. Glad I am not the only one!

• image MrMrsandBaby:
    image ninthgirl:

image laura.noel:

That answers my question!  I look at things like this and think "who buys that!"  Now I know!  See, this is why there are so many options!  Different tastes in clothes.  I tend to dress Allison like a little person (jeans and a t-shirt) all the time - if I wouldn't wear it I don't put her in it (no more fleece/knit pants if I can help it!).  I also really don't like characters on clothes so we don't have any Dora, Mickey, etc...for her.

My poor kid!

I'm so random.  When DD was little she always wore jeans and onesies.  Now that she's moving she seems to hate jeans so I go for other fabrics (especially knits - ha!).  And yeah - I'm a sucker for cutesy things like seersucker overalls.  I figure I only have about 18 more months until she develops her own preferences anyway.

imageimageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Jessicameron:
    image Jessicameron:
    image ssimon621:

I totally know what you mean.  I had been sleeping in and getting up in enough time to get DH and Skyler out the door and then getting ready for work.  Then one day Iooked in the mirror and was like why would I want this to be the last thing DH sees when he leaves for a hard days work.  So now I at least try and have my hair and make up done before they walk out the door.  It may sound shallow to some, but I think it's important to look nice for your spouse.  I wouldn't want him to think it was okay to look like a slob all the time.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ninthgirl:
    image MrMrsandBaby:
    image ninthgirl:

image laura.noel:

My poor kid!

I'm so random.  When DD was little she always wore jeans and onesies.  Now that she's moving she seems to hate jeans so I go for other fabrics (especially knits - ha!).  And yeah - I'm a sucker for cutesy things like seersucker overalls.  I figure I only have about 18 more months until she develops her own preferences anyway.

OMG those are ridiculously cute.  I adore seersucker.  Seriously, where are those from?

I have a very random taste for DD.  One day she'll wear jeans  and a tshirt, then next day I'll have her in a dress.  I think overalls are cute on kids- but not for adults.  I have a feeling she won't be wearing too many dresses in the future- she's pretty tomboyish and loves to play in dirt.

Face Slaps:  2/14 Siggy Challenge:
    The 20 Best Gif Slaps Of All Time
    Lilypie - (Q6LH)

Lilypie - (XhH1)
  • image MrMrsandBaby:

image laura.noel:

I don't like them for anyone of any age...they are ugly.  And MIL keeps sending us dresses like this for Allison...gag.

yes! i should have qualified- I don't like them EVEN for babies/ toddlers.  

imageimageimage
  • mkarnsmkarns
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    Ok. I just totally judged someone downstairs in the staffing place (they have glass doors). I saw a girl hand the front desk...I'm assuming an application...Pick her wedgie while walking back to her infant's stroller. First of all, if you pick your wedgie in front of me I am not giving you a job. Gross. Second, if you can't get a babysitter for your kid for an hour to go to a job placement office...Do you really think they will seriously consider you for a job? You should see some of the people that go there. Full mouth of gold teeth. I've only seen one or two actually dressed in business casual. I see some of the worst/nastiest outfits down there. WTH are they thinking?

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker