21 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Still sick at 21 weeks!

Anyone else still vomiting in the morning? Most days it's just a bad nausea in the morning and no appetite until mid afternoon or so.. wishing my tummy wasn't so upset over all the hormones. Heartburn just started up, that should be fun since I enjoy my spice sometimes. I can't be alone right? Btw I'm having a boy, I always heard it was girls who gave their mommy's extra nausea? Or maybe I remember that backwards..

Re: Still sick at 21 weeks!

• Options
    You are not alone I'm also 21 wks, having a boy, and experiencing morning sickness, breakfast is always a winner, now for about 6 wks, and the rest of the days meals are a hit and miss, I never now when I'll keep it down or am just not hungry , I have gained maybe 2-3 lbs, I'm also vegetarian and can't eat some of my regular foods so dr. Told me to drink almond milk w. carnation breakfast powder shakes, they are really good and filing, hang in there as long as baby is growing it will all be worth it :)
  • Options
    I so feel u. I have no appetite throughout the day, but no vomiting thank god. I tp
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I so feel u. I have no appetite throughout the day, but no vomiting thank god. I thought by now, it would go away. Good luck mothers God bless!
  • Options
    Hi...I completely understand what u goin through...thought it would be easing up by now but it's still full blown....hope u start feeling better soon 
  • Options
    It's not unusual to go through the whole 9 months sick. My grandmother did, so did my mother, now at 21 weeks I'm on track to be the same. The important thing is to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and good nutrition. Have you asked your doctor for nausea meds? If not, what on earth are you waiting for? Zofran has been my best friend! I cant make it thriugh a day at work without it. There's no reason to suffer through like a martyr or chance hurting your wee one via a lack of ability to keep anything down! Good luck!
  • Options
    Im currently 21 weeks and having a girl. At 17 weeks I was still extremely sick. Like vomiting nearly every hour and meds weren't doing anything. I actually started acupuncture and it has been amazing! I quit feeling sick after two sessions (both while 17 weeks) and only did a total of four. I'd seriously recommend it for anyone who suffers from morning sickness no matter where they are in their pregnancy. Down the road when number two happens I plan to start acupuncture as soon as I feel sick. Good luck to all!
  • Options
    I am on the same boat as you ladies. 21 weeks today and still feeling sick all of the time. Zofran has been a life saver for me since I work over five days a week most weeks, even on my day off I dont get a break from work or my morning sickness. Thankfully the vomiting has gone away but only flares when I have something of real flavor. So bland meals most of the time for me. This is my second boy and the rumors are true about every pregnancy being different. My first was the easiest pregnancy, I only got close to puking once and other than that there were no other symptoms of morning sickness. This one had me at the word go, its how I knew I was pregnant to begin with. Worse part is the fact that even though I try to eat I feel too sick to eat it or can only eat a little bit of what I do have. This has led to me losing ten pounds already, but baby is growing correctly so I am not too concerned especially since I was about twenty pounds overweight to begin with. I hope things get better for you ladies, I know with the medication my life has gotten a little easier.
  • Options
    I feel your pain! 21 weeks, having a girl and I've been throwing up, nauseous and brutal heartburn almost the entire time! It wears on you after a while hey?? The meds haven't helped me much but they do take the edge off a bit. I haven't gained much weight either but baby is growing fine and that's all that matters! Someone told me they are like parasites and take what they need from you so try not to worry about that part ; I hope things get better for everyone still feeling so gross!
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks with our 4th and this is the first pregnancy that I haven't been sick all the way to the 3rd trimester. My two worst pregnancies were with my first son second daughter. My best were with my first daughter second son so I don't think sex has much to do with it.
    Candied ginger helps and so does sour foods. Heartburn can make you nauseous too so try to keep that in check. Pepcid is safe during pregnancy and helps lots. If you're taking Zofran and its making you constipated it can make you sick as well. Probiotics, yogurt colace are all life savers on that front. Don't worry about your weight gain unless you were under weight to begin with. I was still minus 4lbs when I delivered my last baby and she was 100 healthy and was almost 8lbs.
    Take care I hope you feel better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"