Baby Showers

Worst Thank you card ever

I drove 6 1/2 hrs the weekend and footed half he bill for a family members baby shower. I got a preprinted generic photo thank you card as I walked out the door. "To save postage" 

I saw on face book she hand wrote a "heart felt" thank you note to the lady that baked her cake.

I didn't go into the shower thinking I'd get a "hostess gift" or anything but she didn't speak to me after the shower or since.  She's been the worst pregnant woman I've ever met.  Jealous of her own unborn child.  She made the comment that she already upset because people are going to call and ask how the baby is but not how she is. And that she got "baby" gifts for Christmas and not gifts for her.  She was team green because it was the "only way she could guarantee she'd get the things from her registry" her words and she didn't. She's been nothing but horrible and hateful to her family.  She's got a month to go and it's been the longest pregnancy ever and I think it's because it's been all about her. Her family is even afraid to talk about the baby. It's all about her bad behavior so they are to afraid to talk about the baby for fear it'll get her stirred up and upset.  I think they forget at the end of the drama a child is going to come into the world.

She took two of the greatest events in her life her wedding and pregnancy and made them so miserable for her own mother and sister that it sucked all the enjoyment right out of both events. 

Thank god this is her last shower because between her "not good enough" bridal shower and now this insanity I'll never participate in this circus again.

Harsh and hateful I'm sure is how you think I sound but I'm about to bust with anger. Thanks for letting me vent. 

Re: Worst Thank you card ever

• Wow...she sounds like a real peach.  I'm sure the only reason you helped out financially and drove so far is to help the other hostess (obviously it wasn't done out of love for the MTB).  lol  Sorry she was ungrateful.  Karma will take care of her eventually.
  • Meery82Meery82 member
    She sounds like a psycho!! Crazy!! She sounds like someone who shouldn't be having children. Selfishness like that doesn't fly when you're a mom.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • bosoxybosoxy member
    Who in the world would marry this peach nevermind knock her up?  What a Blitch!
  • JenniD2JenniD2 member

I can understand why you feel this way. What I don't get is why her family would still throw her another shower after she behaved for her wedding and bridal shower?

I would honestly sever ties with this woman (unless she happens to be family).

As for the gifts, WTH. When I was pregnant, I didn't want gifts for myself. I just wanted to focus on getting things for DS. That chick totally sounds like a peach.

• imageJenniD2:

I can understand why you feel this way. What I don't get is why her family would still throw her another shower after she behaved for her wedding and bridal shower?

THis is what I'm wondering.  When you reward bad behavior, a person is never going to learn.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• She is family. I helped mostly because for my aunt and cousin's sake. I just knew the first shower and wedding damaged their relationship so much I could be a "buffer" so to speak. 

She had a "Plan" when she came out of college.  She had to be married by a certain time, having a baby by a certain time etc etc.  So now it appears she's fairly miserable in life and refuses to admit it because that would be admitting she was wrong. She's a jealous person and that's not helping her misery.  

Knowing the wonderful person she was in high school etc I just can't believe how she's changed into such a selfish person. I just don't know who she is anymore.  I'm pretty grateful for the 6 1/2 hr distance between us right now.  She was so out of hand today I had to finally snap out and tell her it was time to stop acting like a baby and start acting like a woman about to have one.  

OY! 

• I would have been so ticked off to get a thank you card like that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Yikes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"