February 2012 Moms

Re: CPW: Male babysitter?

• I voted for option 3, but beyond that I don't care if it's male or female.  My BIL is one of our go-to sitters.  (over my SIL actually)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Option 3 for us too. My BIL is our best nongrandparent babysitter!
    Lauren has Down syndrome and a complete AV canal heart defect
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

[url]WWW.MeetingLauren.blogspot.com[/url]
  • Same as PPs. I chose the third option, but of the people we know well, I would not care if they were male or female. 

imageimageimage
  • I've been too entrenched in my work world (where I work in child sexual assault prevention and education).  1 in 4 little girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually assaulted... 93% of the perpetrators are "well known and trusted" by the family (uncles, brothers, cousins, friends, family members, coaches, church members).  My child will never spend extended one-on-one time with any other adult male besides her father.

• image CotterpinDoozer:
    I've been too entrenched in my work world (where I work in child sexual assault prevention and education).  1 in 4 little girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually assaulted... 93% of the perpetrators are "well known and trusted" by the family (uncles, brothers, cousins, friends, family members, coaches, church members).  My child will never spend extended one-on-one time with any other adult male besides her father.

After following closely the story of a group of churches which is currently coming apart at the seams due to allegations of covering up sexual assault of young children, this is where we've come down as well, although I also trust our fathers.  That said our dads are both pretty typical old-school guys who don't prefer caring for kids, so they don't volunteer to babysit.

BFP #1, DD: 02/28/2012 | BFP #2, EDD: 12/22/2013 M/MC | BFP #3, EDD: 05/17/2014 CP
    BFP #4, EDD: 07/25/2014 CP  | BFP #5, EDD: 08/28/2014 | All AL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image ninthgirl:

image CotterpinDoozer:
    I've been too entrenched in my work world (where I work in child sexual assault prevention and education).  1 in 4 little girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually assaulted... 93% of the perpetrators are "well known and trusted" by the family (uncles, brothers, cousins, friends, family members, coaches, church members).  My child will never spend extended one-on-one time with any other adult male besides her father.

After following closely the story of a group of churches which is currently coming apart at the seams due to allegations of covering up sexual assault of young children, this is where we've come down as well, although I also trust our fathers.  That said our dads are both pretty typical old-school guys who don't prefer caring for kids, so they don't volunteer to babysit.

Sounds like us!  DH's father has passed away, but my dad is a pretty typical old guy who will play with our kid if we're around, but wouldn't want to babysit without my mother right there too.

• I put option 3. Besides DH, the only other male I could ever see babysitting is my own dad. There are a ton of males that I trust to do this, it just wouldn't be necessary or normal in our "group", it would always be a female or a couple. I would never let a total stranger babysit her, no matter how good the reference, male or female. 
  • image CotterpinDoozer:

Other than my dad, my brother, best friends husband, I would NEVER leave my kid with a male babysitter. I had a male babysitter as a kid, my kid NEVER will. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker