May 2012 Moms

MMR shot

For those LOs who have had their 1st year appointments and got the MMR shot how did they react?

I'm thinking of rescheduling her appointment since her party is this weekend.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014

Re: MMR shot

• My older two never had a problem with it, and I feel like Lucas has had mmr already. Are you doing delayed vaccinating??

Edit never mind, Lucas hasn't! The other two have with no issues maybe sleepy that day that's all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • image bellelamb:
    My older two never had a problem with it, and I feel like Lucas has had mmr already. Are you doing delayed vaccinating??

Edit never mind, Lucas hasn't! The other two have with no issues maybe sleepy that day that's all.
    mmr is given at a year. We have not gone yet but all his other shots have made him so sleepy. I would personally do it after the party but I am sure before would be fine if your LO didn't react to others.
    I did hear that that shot sometimes gives kids rashes after? No idea though!
  • zoeyyzoeyy
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    image michyme123:
    image bellelamb:
    My older two never had a problem with it, and I feel like Lucas has had mmr already. Are you doing delayed vaccinating??

mmr is given at a year. We have not gone yet but all his other shots have made him so sleepy. I would personally do it after the party but I am sure before would be fine if your LO didn't react to others.
    I did hear that that shot sometimes gives kids rashes after? No idea though!

She gets it at her 1 year appointment. I just heard this one has a higher rate of fever and rashes.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014
  • We scheduled my LO's 1 year appt for Monday instead of on her birthday Friday for this very reason.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• wedseptwedsept
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments
    My DD got it and had no issues, except a fever that day.  My DS just got it today--he has just been sleepy.
  • He got it yesterday. Yesterday he was a little clingy and more tired than normal. Today he is fine. The rash is only in about 2% and can take up to 4 weeks to show up.
  • DrRxDrRx
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    My daughter had it last week and didn't really have a reaction.  She was probably a little fussy that day, and we did give her tylenol in the afternoon, but nothing after that.  They did tell us that about a week after the shot she might get a fever or be fussy.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • fryratfryrat
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    A note on what PPs have mentioned. I've been researching this one. The MMR contains whole virus, though inactive. That's why it's got a higher occurence of rash and fever. Most vaccines are only a piece of the virus.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO had 3 shots yesterday including MMR. He was really sleep last night (fell asleep in the car on the way home from daycare, didn't wake when taken out, continued to nap for another hour until we woke him up for dinner). Other than that, no real reaction yet.
  • Lol shows how much I know my office waits until 15 months to do mmr! I guess I was thinking of Nathan
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I rescheduled avas 1 year for afte her party. originally scheduled it the day before then I staarted thinking should probably do it after just in case. her last shots at 6 months made her so cranky for a couple days