June 2013 Moms

Did you already...

Pack your hospital bag? I have no idea why but I have been putting it off. I now have people yelling at me to get it packed and ready......am I the only "slacker"?

Re: Did you already...

• Mine won't be packed until I'm in labor, or the night before my surgery if I don't go into labor before then.
  • Nope, for some reason I'm really not stressed about it. I figure I'll have enough time. I'm hoping to labor at home for a while before going to the hospital. These are probably my famous last words.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• haha you're not alone!!! I am 37w4d and mine is not packed at all ;)  I kinda plan on packing it when I go into labor.  I only have a few items of clothes that fit me, so I'm wearing them until I need to bring them to the hospital!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes because in my brain I will drive myself to the hospital. DH will probably be at work and think it is a false alarm lol!
  • I did. But I wanted everything done before my husband left for his trip.

CJ 05/29/2013

• skioskio
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    No, and I won't be doing it for another 3 or 4 weeks. I made a list. That's sufficient for now.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have not, but the tank tops I want to bring with me to the hospital, I still wear, I have underwear, and capris in the bag, with some toiletries, bu tI know I will do better if I pack running around the house, and honestly we live so close to the hospital (3 blocks) that if i forget anything, I am sure my hubby can run home and get it for me.  I guess I am just not to worried about it,
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not packed yet. I'll probably do it in a few weeks. I'm probably deluding myself here, but I'm just not ready for baby to be here yet, so I figure if the bag isn't packed.... 
    CafeMom Tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sctigersctiger
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    I haven't packed mine and probably won't until I am in early labor.  We are also only 3 miles from the hospital so I don't see the need to do it now.  After I'm done with work next week I might pack a few things for after delivery though.
    Married 05.24.08
    Missed m/c discovered 07.25.12 (EDD 03.01.13)- Forever in our hearts
    Amelia Catherine was born on May 30, 2013
    Lilypie - (cFu9)
  • LiLi23LiLi23
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary

Not even in the slightest. I started making a list of things I need to put in a bag, but I haven't even thought about gathering them and physically putting them in said bag.

I'm only 34 weeks, though.  I don't think I packed mine last time until almost 38 weeks.  And I was still adding stuff the night before my induction bc I kept remembering things I forgot! 

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• this... I'm normally a HUGE planner but for some reason this is the one thing I don't want to have ready. probably because we only live 15 from the hospital and getting things that I need/forgot won't be an issue
  • I have packed mine yet and have about 3 wks at most before baby girl comes. I need to get my butt in gear too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope and I probably won't until I go into labor (or before getting induced if this one is anything like DD1).

I might make a list at some point of what I want to remember to take, but packing my bag is so low on my list right now.  I think it's partially due to it being the 2nd time around and that DH will be going home to be with DD1, so if I don't bring something it's not a big deal at all. 

DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
  • jlaOKjlaOK
    1000 Comments 100 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

I haven't even thought about packing mine, but I'm only 34 weeks.  Even so, I won't pack until at least 37 weeks and probably after that.  I will have to pack DS too because he'll be staying with my parents while I'm in the hospital.  That will probably happen last minute too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• llbta85llbta85
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Haven't packed one yet, I am pretty sure I packed mine the night before my indcuation when I had DS.  That being said, last night DH asked me to pack one ASAP, so I guess I ought to get on that...
  • I'm an oddball I guess, had mine ready at 26 weeks... Worry wart much? Lol
  • No, but I have DS's bag packed for his grandparents' house, and have the baby's stuff packed. I have a few things laid out for me but not packed yet. I plan to do it soon. I'm 2cm dilated already, which I KNOW logically means nothing, but it's still motivating me to get my a$$ in gear, which is something.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~

• I keep saying I'm going to pack it, but haven't yet. I'll get to it when I get to it I guess!

image image
  • I've got some stuff in the bag. Things I won't need to use or wear between now and then. I do have a list of all the stuff I need though, so when I go into labor I'll just run down the list and check it all off.

• No worries... I just packed mine yesterday at 37w1d.  Well... sorta.. I have several things I still need to add. And pretty much the only reason is because a friend of mine had her baby (we were due at the same time) and I know if I leave it until the last minute I will have a bunch of junk I don't need and will have forgotten everything I DO need.  I packed last minute for a vacation before and I ended up with 4 bathing suits and NO pants!
    image   image
    Bennett Andrew
    House Elf in Training since 6/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope, I have my toiletries all packed, but they are always packed in the small medicine bag we have.

My brother got married over the weekend so I didn't want to pack the hospital bag until the wedding was over.  I took a lot of the same things with for the hotel that I'll be taking to the hospital. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not yet.  I made a list of the things I want to pick up at Target tonight, but even after that, it won't be ready yet...
  • Mine is not packed, but I printed a list and started setting things aside.

I want to get it down this weekend though, because DH is going away for a business trip next week and will be a five hour plane ride away.   I also want to get the bases for the infant seat installed before he goes too.

I hope nothing happens in the way of labor while he is gone, but with a toddler and working full time, I want to be as prepared as possible in case it does happen and he isn't here to help me get everything together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mostly packed. I have some stuff that won't go in until the last minute, though - glasses, protein bars, hair dryer.

I'm putting a note on top of the bag with the list of those last minute items so I don't forget anything when it's time to grab and go.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• I should've 

especially after last weeks scare/3 day hospital trip

but I'm still procrastinating.   I do really need to since our hospital doesn't provide anything PP care wise for me or to diaper LO with.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Not done. I'm a slacker.
  • Yep
    And the rivalry begins

imageimage
  • Not packed... I just keep putting it off. I blame it on my husband carrying up the bag from the basement. I could do it... but I just haven't.
  • image skio:
    No, and I won't be doing it for another 3 or 4 weeks. I made a list. That's sufficient for now.

This! List is made, bag is not packed, might make my hubby do it while I'm laboring at home with my doula.