Natural Birth

Best natural/chemical free deoderant?

What natural/chemical free deoderant do you use? Or what do you use in place of it?

Re: Best natural/chemical free deoderant?

• annksawannksaw
    Third Anniversary

I really like Aubrey Organics "E plus High C". Keeps me smelling good most of the day. If it starts to wear off I use an alcohol pad to clean up real quick and then reapply. I sweat a lot though :(

• I've used a lot of them, and none of them last all day like the chemical deodorant. Every single kind I've tried requires re-application sometime during the day. Which I'm fine with, I just wanted to put that out there.

Recently I splurged and tried Lavanila lavender vanilla deodorant, and it was really lovely. It costs about $20, though. 

BFP #1 — DS born 8/13/09

BFP #2 April '13, mmc at 6w1d
    BFP #3 July '13, edd 3/30/14 — it's another boy!

Living in a blended family with one man, three boys, and one boy cat.

• image CurlieWhirlie:

I've used a lot of them, and none of them last all day like the chemical deodorant. Every single kind I've tried requires re-application sometime during the day. Which I'm fine with, I just wanted to put that out there.

Recently I splurged and tried Lavanila lavender vanilla deodorant, and it was really lovely. It costs about $20, though. 

This was pretty much my experience. I tried all the cheap ones at the store and found them all to be ineffective. My SIL gave me La Vanilla as a gift two years ago and I have never gone back. To me, it is worth every penny. One bar also lasts me 6 or 7 months, so I don't think about the cost too much. It smells wonderful and for me it lasts all day. The only exception would maybe be in the summer when I'm more prone to sweating, but I don't mind reapplying once.  

imageimageimageimage
  • The unscented deodorant with cotton from Trader Joe's isn't bad. But I may have to look into this lavender vanilla stuff; that sounds fabulous!
    Lilypie - (BKXw)
    Photo
  • I use green beaver sometimes, which is okay. 

I also make my own and it works.  I rub coconut oil on my pits, then I dust on my own mixture of 1 part baking soda, 1 part corn starch with a few drops of tea tree oil and a bay leaf.  I brush that on with a large makeup brush.  I find it works better than the green beaver, but it can be messy to apply. 

• I mix coconut oil, corn starch, baking soda, and some essential oils and keep it in a container on the bathroom counter and just apply with my fingers each day.  Works well and I know exactly what is in it :-) 
    [center] image [/center]

[center] Our 5 year anniversary trip to Peru. [/center]

• Thanks ladies! I actually did some research and cam across:

DeodoMom Cream: A Toxin-free and Hypoallergenic Deodorant - Only 2 Ingredients!

On Amazon... Has anyone tried it? It's suppose to be excellent for pregnant women.

• April!April!
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments

I mixed coconut oil with enough baking soda to make a thick paste. It solidified into a puck the same texture as a deodorant stick. It works great--definitely longer lasting than any commercial deodorant I have tried. Next time I might add some essential oils but it works great without them. 

My husband just dusts a bit of baking soda under his arms each morning bad he doesn't smell at all. I can't tell when his shirts are dirty because they don't smell like anything! He doesn't sweat very much though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • image April!:

I mixed coconut oil with enough baking soda to make a thick paste. It solidified into a puck the same texture as a deodorant stick. It works great--definitely longer lasting than any commercial deodorant I have tried. Next time I might add some essential oils but it works great without them. 

My husband just dusts a bit of baking soda under his arms each morning bad he doesn't smell at all. I can't tell when his shirts are dirty because they don't smell like anything! He doesn't sweat very much though.

I'm very tempted to try this!

• Geo Deo is amazing and works for me as well as the chemical ones ever did.

http://www.mygeodeo.com/

• Coconut oil and baking soda mixed into a paste. Amazingness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker