April 2013 Moms

Baby Acne

Anyone else's LO have it?

DS started to get it at the end of last week at 2.5 wks old and it has gotten worse since.

Should I take him to get checked out? For those of you that have dealt with it how long did it take to go away? Do I need to put anything on his skin?

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Acne

• evertzevertz
    250 Answers 500 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary
    My LO gets it here and there. It usually clears up on it's own in a day or two. I don't think you're supposed to put anything on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • momma82momma82
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    we have It As Well. Are You EBF? If So our Pedi Said It Is From Your Hormones And Not To Worry Or Put Anything On It. My First Dd Had It As Well And It Went Away After A Few Weeks.

Mobile Bumping....Cant Fix All The Caps :
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image momma82:
    we have It As Well. Are You EBF? If So our Pedi Said It Is From Your Hormones And Not To Worry Or Put Anything On It. My First Dd Had It As Well And It Went Away After A Few Weeks.

Mobile Bumping....Cant Fix All The Caps :

Yes, I EBF. Thanks for the info! I think I'll take him in anyways tomorrow.
  • In our newborn class we were told it's normal and to just leave it alone
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • My DD has had it bad the last couple weeks, to the point I was worried. It's even on her chest and upper back. I ended up Googling pictures, and reading up on it, and I realized its normal, doesn't bother her, and there's really nothing I can do. I THINK it's finally getting better, fingers crossed. No one tells you about this, so it's hard to see your beautiful baby with less than perfect skin!
    image BabyName Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary
    BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13
  • We just had our one mth check up with Pedi today and I took a picture of LO's chest from last week cause he had it on his chest and shoulders neck and cheeks and Pedi said "yup baby acne" if it comes back (cause it has since pretty much gone away) leave it alone and it will clear on its own.
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 4
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DS started to get it around the same time and it just cleared up entirely as of this week. I would wash his face with just water on the days he didn't get a bath the last week and that seemed to do the trick. his hair fell out too, but only on the top, so he looked pretty silly being a bald and acne covered baby!

GL!

• image RussianMommy:
    In our newborn class we were told it's normal and to just leave it alone

Same!  Mine has has the baby acne for about a week now. We have just let it run its course and have not had any problems. 

-K

• Thanks everyone!

My DD had it when she was a baby as well but not as bad. Granted, DS is fairer than DD was so i think it just looks worse. It looks like its so irritating but it's not bothering DS in the least bit. It's hard to see my baby's face covered in acne :
  • Both my kids have had it. I usually just wash their face with a soft cotton ball and water twice a day. Otherwise, it goes away on its own.
  • We have it too, he's 3 weeks and 5 days. Some days it's better and some its worse. I'm not putting anything on it or worrying too much, it will go away on its own.
  • DD got it last week at 7.5 weeks.  It seems a little later than most to get it but she was born early so maybe that's why.  I called our pedi and she told me to just leave it alone and it usually clears up by 3 months.  I am just washing her face with warm water a few times a day to keep it clean and I have started using the Tide Free & Clear on all of DH & I's clothes (not just LO's) in case her laying against us is irritating it.  So sad to see her pretty complexion so bumpy and blotchy!

***PAL April Siggy Challenge - Words to live by***

BFP #1 2/1/12, mmc 3/1/12 @ 8 weeks, D&C 3/2/12 
    LAP/Hysteroscopy 4/26/12 removed uterine septum and stage 1 endo BFP #2 7/23/12, induced at 37w1d for IUGR on 3/17/13, St. Patrick's Day!

"A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company" - Oscar Wilde 

• KrisM86KrisM86
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's normal. My DS got it around a week and a half and now at 3 weeks it's already looking much better. There's no need to put anything on it.

• It's definitely not necessary to make an appointment just for that.  It's normal and will clear up on its own.  And I know I have mentioned this in another post but a little expressed breastmilk actually cleared Anna's up really quickly.  Magic, that milk :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD has it and I just wash her face with a warm wash cloth a few times a day and it is going away on its own. Pedi was not concerned.
  • image CoffeeMonster19:
     And I know I have mentioned this in another post but a little expressed breastmilk actually cleared Anna's up really quickly.  Magic, that milk :)

I am mostly a lurker here but breast milk also worked on both DD and DS. I try to put a little bit on at each feeding. Seemed to clear it up pretty quickly.  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • doeie04doeie04
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    image kmk617:

image CoffeeMonster19:
     And I know I have mentioned this in another post but a little expressed breastmilk actually cleared Anna's up really quickly.  Magic, that milk :)

I am mostly a lurker here but breast milk also worked on both DD and DS. I try to put a little bit on at each feeding. Seemed to clear it up pretty quickly.  

It helped with mild heat rash for us. Can't hurt to try! :
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary