October 2012 Moms

Irrational Fears

So I saw this on another board, and thought it would be fun. What are your irrational fears??

I am INSANELY afraid of ticks. And they are everywhere this time of year. I have literally not gone a day in the last 2 weeks where I haven't found at least one on me, my dog or my kid (only on his clothes, likely from falling off the dog). It is driving me batty.

I'm also irrationally scared of ghosts, but I've talked about that on here before. 

What do you got ladies??

imageimage

"Benny cures everything.  He's the breastmilk of people." ~CinemaGoddess

Re: Irrational Fears

• That I'm going to fall down the stairs while carrying one of them. I don't know why I even think about this, but I do.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm weird about falling and being alone. I'm afraid I will fall down my stairs for no reason among other things I'm afraid if falling off of. If I'm alone I have every light on and TVs and have my phone with me. Yes I am aware I'm crazy

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Furbabies Hayley and Charlie~Kayden~Angels Lucas, Serena, and Ana
    BFP#2 (5/27/2013) - EDD (2/3/2014) - Twins - MMC 7/3/2013 - D&C 7/12/2013
    BFP#3 (9/24/2013) - EDD (6/7/2014) - Natural MC (10/5/2013)
    BFP#4 (12/24/2013) - EDD (9/6/2014) - Baby Girl Born (8/16/2014)
    Beta #1 51 11 dpo ~ Beta#2 450 15 dpo ~ Beta #3 1445 18 dpo

GIFSoup

• Alligators!  I'm so afraid of alligators.  I live in the desert, which is what makes this irrational.  I would never move to FL for this reason alone.

Baby irrational fears:  It use to be dropping one.  Now that they are bigger, I'm afraid me or someone else will step on one.    

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It used to be falling while holding B but now that I HAVE actually fallen while holding him, that one is gone.

I am pretty afraid of ghosts. My husbands grandmother swears that her mom is in her house sometimes. When we were there for Mothers Day, we were all in the living room and all of a sudden her dining room blinds rolled up on their own and she said "oh Hi mom". I swear I was some kind of weirded out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image candaceleigh21:
    It used to be falling while holding B but now that I HAVE actually fallen while holding him, that one is gone. I am pretty afraid of ghosts. My husbands grandmother swears that her mom is in her house sometimes. When we were there for Mothers Day, we were all in the living room and all of a sudden her dining room blinds rolled up on their own and she said "oh Hi mom". I swear I was some kind of weirded out.

CREEEEPY!!!

imageimage

• Im am so afraid of my husband having a heart attack and dying. I always tell him "I don't want you to die"

Okay this is a bad one: I am afraid something will happen to our water so I keep a lot of it. I won't say how much but it's a lot. Although if you came over you would never know where it is. 

• image ChrisG83:

Im am so afraid of my husband having a heart attack and dying. I always tell him "I don't want you to die"

Okay this is a bad one: I am afraid something will happen to our water so I keep a lot of it. I won't say how much but it's a lot. Although if you came over you would never know where it is. 

As someone who has a zombie apocalypse readiness kit, the water thing is something we sincerely worry about in this house. Water is a serious issue that people tend not to think about. Therefore, I think this is smart more than irrational. But again, I have a zombie apocalypse readiness kit.

I thought of another one....I have crazy fears of something happening to my dog. She's 7 years old. When she passes (even though I like to pretend this will never happen) I'm sincerely concerned about my mental health. But on a daily basis I have visions of bad things happening. Like her getting hit by a car (she's always on a leash, and when she's not she's a very good listener). It's awful. I'm sure that will be replaced or at least compounded when Ev gets more mobile and independent. But for now, I'm comforted in his safety, but hers, oh man, I spazz about it. I'm a loon.

imageimage

• Slugs. Which is hilarious to me, because they will NEVER catch me if I start to run away from them. But on summer nights here at this house, there are dozens of them on my back porch...and sometimes they find their way onto my kitchen floor. They startle the sh?t out of me in the middle of the night, and picking them up to throw them outside is disguuuuusting. 

• Also, sometimes when I am driving and biting my lip (for whatever reason), I worry that I will get into a car crash at that very moment and actually bite my lip off. 

Ok, writing that out made even me give myself a weird look.  

• I'm totally phobic of lightning storms, I get full on anxiety attacks from storms.

Im also terrified of my family dying, but sadly that's not irrational for me, I've lost two cousins much too young and my son, 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one! My Blog
  • Mine is ridiculous. I can not open or be in the room when someone is opening canned dough...the anticipation of the pop terrifies me, even though half the time it doesn't even really pop. Ugh, I have the shivers thinking of it. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• image Petunia844:

I'm totally phobic of lightning storms, I get full on anxiety attacks from storms.

Im also terrified of my family dying, but sadly that's not irrational for me, I've lost two cousins much too young and my son, 

I am scared lightning will come through our window and we will be hit by. Also I get the family dying thing too, I'm sorry. My dad died when he was 38 and my husband is now 40 so I think that is why I get scared. 

• I also get weird about my mom dying. I literally dont know how I would survive without her. I keep one of her voicemails on my phone just in case something happens i will always have her voice.
  • Does everyone else feel crazy when they are writing out their fear? I wrote mine then deleted then wrote it again.

• mbm1983mbm1983
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Frogs. And calling strangers on the phone.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• Bedbugs. It's a freaking epidemic around here, and being a nurse means I'm in close contact with all kinds of people. I'm terrified I'll bring them home again.... because it costs over $500 to get rid of them.
  • CnAnACnAnA
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Storms. I spent my first year of life in OK, and I must have some repressed memories of my mom hauling us down the street to the neighbors who had a cellar when tornadoes hit.

also, snakes. I can't even write the word without shuddering. It is a full on phobia almost. Can't even look at a pic of one. Blech!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm in the death fear boat too. I wouldn't visit my Grandmom alone because I was terrified she would die while I was there. Also, whenever she got me alone, she would talk about how she was going to die or wanted to die soon. I think she knew how crazy it made me and did it on purpose, she was like that! I was going for pre med but the whole "what if someone dies?" / going to the morgue stuff made me change my major. My mom jokes that if someone dies, my DH is to be told before me so he can handle it. Or they'll just tell me the person "ran away to Hawaii and is never coming back".

My DH has choked quite a few times and I've had to do the Heimlich on him twice so now I'm always terrified he might choke when I'm not around. If he even flinches while eating I panic.

I'm not sure these are irrational though...

ETA I'm also terrified of the world ending. I didn't sleep the night before may 21 2011 and dec 21 2012. The Jehovas keep coming to my house to tell me the end is coming and freaking me out! I passed out when one was talking to me about it once!!!

• Moths - not even a fear really, just a strong dislike, but they are disgusting!

My mom is deathly afraid of mice. LO had one pair or Christmas PJ's that had candy canes and mice on them, and DH had to change her out of them one time before my mom came over. It was pretty funny.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Reading everyone's fears makes me realize I have way too many. I have bad anxiety so I guess that contributes to it, but while reading yours I think I agreed with almost all of them. Hmm lets see...
    Spiders, snakes, mice, sharks, crabs, jellyfish, the ocean or any body of water I would like to wear water shoes but I think I'm too old lol, bees, birds, clowns, characters, ghosts, being alone every light is on, my husband dying, my sister dying, car accidents, tractor trailer tire popping while driving behind/near them, losing a nail or toenail, knocking a tooth out, the dentist. Oh boy I could probably go on but I'm embarrassed enough by my long list lol.
    On another note, I LOVE thunderstorms!
  • image cardiganmom:
    Reading everyone's fears makes me realize I have way too many. I have bad anxiety so I guess that contributes to it, but while reading yours I think I agreed with almost all of them. Hmm lets see... Spiders, snakes, mice, sharks, crabs, jellyfish, the ocean or any body of water I would like to wear water shoes but I think I'm too old lol, bees, birds, clowns, characters, ghosts, being alone every light is on, my husband dying, my sister dying, car accidents, tractor trailer tire popping while driving behind/near them, losing a nail or toenail, knocking a tooth out, the dentist. Oh boy I could probably go on but I'm embarrassed enough by my long list lol. On another note, I LOVE thunderstorms!

I loooooooooove thunderstorms too!! 

imageimage

• image achelray4:
    image projectbaby2012:

Alligators!  I'm so afraid of alligators.  I live in the desert, which is what makes this irrational.  I would never move to FL for this reason alone.

I'm scared of swimming in rivers, ponds, and lakes because of alligators. We went wake boarding a couple of summers ago and DH landed 20 feet from an alligator. I've had nightmares about that. There's also an alligator in a cage in the middle of my town, but I don't worry about him. I think if he ever managed to get free, he'd probably get hit by a car or try to make a journey to the nearest swamp.

My irrational fear is dinosaurs. Thanks to Jurassic Park.

I can't imagine being that close to one.  Yikes.  DH's aunt and uncle live in FL. One time they went canoeing on a lake and an alligator hit the side of the canoe.  I'd die right there of fear.   It all ended well and they were ok.

D & R were born at 37w5d.

• mbm1983mbm1983
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I love thunderstorms as well. we often go sit on the front porch during hailstorms and lightening and what not. But that's because we live in an area with relatively bland and predictable weather. Sh!t like that is different and exciting!
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• I will 2nd cardiganmom, seriously everystep I take is in fear.....I have a dr appt on tuesday and im going to ask what I can do. Im still nursing so I will probally need to wait....but im sick of living like this. 

Also...I didnt know bumble bees dont sting. I will practice not running on those.

My anxiety has gotten worse with each childim done being scared!...I