November 2011 Moms

Sookie Book Discussion

Alright all of you Sookie Stackhouse fans! The book has been out for a week now. Have you read it? What are your thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sookie Book Discussion

• Although I like sookie and Sam together, I think the way they ended things with her and Eric was such a cop out. It just didn't feel like a plausible ending based on the other books.
  • imagedesine77:
    Although I like sookie and Sam together, I think the way they ended things with her and Eric was such a cop out. It just didn't feel like a plausible ending based on the other books.

I hear ya. This book seemed to totally lack the energy that her other novels had. And how about everyone she ever met was either mentioned or made an appearance?! I get that this was her last book for the series, but the storyline just seemed forced.

• Loading the player...
  • imageRedCamaro:

imagedesine77:
    Although I like sookie and Sam together, I think the way they ended things with her and Eric was such a cop out. It just didn't feel like a plausible ending based on the other books.

I hear ya. This book seemed to totally lack the energy that her other novels had. And how about everyone she ever met was either mentioned or made an appearance?! I get that this was her last book for the series, but the storyline just seemed forced.

Agreed. The whole story line with Arlene just felt silly. I feel like she had plenty of loose ends to wrap up without creating a whole new Mystery that needs to be solved. I also feel like bringing Claude back in the very last pages was gratuitous and absolutely unnecessary.
  • imageJ234:
    I read the reviews and cried.  I was really disappointed before even reading the book!  I'm not going to spend that much on the book yet.  I'm deeply into the Parasol Protectorate so that's keeping me distracted.  :

Yeah, I made the mistake of reading the synopsis from the author. It gave away all the good parts from the beginning. The book earned a "C" rating from me. But I wouldn't have missed reading it (for nothing else but to close out the series).

• Crap.  Had no clue that there was even one out.  Since I read all these comments, I now have no interest in reading about Sookie and Sam together.  We watch the show and all I am grossed out by the thought of them together.  Sam, to me, is such a whiny baby on the show.  I actually forgot what he's like in the books.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"