February 2013 Moms

Pumping

No real point to this post except that I want to say that I hate pumping at work! I feel like I pump forever (okay about 20 minutes) for a measly 2 oz! I think I'm too stressed out about pumping enough. Good thing for morning and night pumps!

Re: Pumping

• I hate it too!  Only 8 more months to go for me, haha!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

F13 Oct Sig Challenge - Favorite Returning Fall TV Show: Sons of Anarchyimage

• MBush4MBush4
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sorry... Pumping does suck. LO won't latch so I EP and I'll admit, there are days I want to throw it out the window. Do you get 2 oz per side or combined. 2 oz per side in 20 minutes is pretty good, if it makes you feel any better. Not that it will, but...

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• image MBush4:
    Sorry... Pumping does suck. LO won't latch so I EP and I'll admit, there are days I want to throw it out the window. Do you get 2 oz per side or combined. 2 oz per side in 20 minutes is pretty good, if it makes you feel any better. Not that it will, but...

I don't know how you EP! I give you a lot of credit. And no I'm only rocking 2 oz combined. I wish it were per side! Luckily I built up a freezer stash of 100 oz and I only have 5 weeks of school until summer vacation. I'll keep pumping to keep up my supply.
  • jcar2jcar2
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I'm right there with you. This pumping thing sucks. I only get about 2 oz in 30 minutes so I completely understand. Unfortunately I don't get a summer vacation. Boo.
    DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
    BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MBush4MBush4
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper

image Meggy T.:
    image MBush4:
    I don't know how you EP! I give you a lot of credit. And no I'm only rocking 2 oz combined. I wish it were per side! Luckily I built up a freezer stash of 100 oz and I only have 5 weeks of school until summer vacation. I'll keep pumping to keep up my supply.

Smart on your part! Hey, 2 oz combined isn't too bad either. Keep it up. Then you can go back to nursing full-time. I'll admit, I'm envious of ladies who can nurse. It's a lot easier than pumping. But hey, if DS refuses to nurse he's going to get that milk come hell or high water. I'm too cheap to buy formula. ;)

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• djhardjhar
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    image MBush4:

image Meggy T.:
    image MBush4:

Smart on your part! Hey, 2 oz combined isn't too bad either. Keep it up. Then you can go back to nursing full-time. I'll admit, I'm envious of ladies who can nurse. It's a lot easier than pumping. But hey, if DS refuses to nurse he's going to get that milk come hell or high water. I'm too cheap to buy formula. ;)

This is where I'm at.  I'm sick of pumping, but I'm cheap. ;)  And a big believer in the benefits of breast milk! 

• image Meggy T.:
    image MBush4:

I'm in the same boat I am a school nurse and I am determined to make it to summer where I can just nurse DD all day. That will get us to 7 months before I am back at school and doing the dreaded pumping again.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to DH 10.29.11
    DD born 1.26.13
    LO #2 due 6.19.14

• image djhar:
    image MBush4:

image Meggy T.:
    image MBush4:

This is where I'm at.  I'm sick of pumping, but I'm cheap. ;)  And a big believer in the benefits of breast milk! 

Same here...I'd much rather nurse than pump, although lately LO has been clamping down on me :(  At least the pump doesn't bite! And as much as I do it for all the benefits, another big reason is it's free and formula is not!

My hat's off to you ladies who EP, I don't think I could do it very long!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • alakealake
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    I am a SAHM, but I have been pumping to have a little stock pile.  I try to do it once a day.  I had to pump and dump for 24 hours after having dental surgery.  I realized that I hate my breast pump.  I am sorry that you are having problems with it.  I hope it gets better.