I have some complications with my pregnancy, and will need to deliver no later than 34 weeks. I saw my high risk doctor yesterday and everything points to me being able to hold out until 34 weeks, but I am being hospitalized in case this needs to be earlier. Baby is now 3 lbs, 11 ounces at 31 weeks.
I know that this can vary dramatically, but DH and I are just trying to get an idea of what to expect. I've asked various physicians on potential length of NICU stay at 34 weeks and get really different answers- from 1 to 6 weeks. My MFM doctor yesterday was saying that after my c section (3-4 day stay), the baby could potentially go home with us. (!?!).
We won't know for sure until the birth, but what have your experiences been with 34 weekers? Also, we've been stocking up on preemie clothes and diapers- but just today my friend (who had a 26 week micro-preemie) was saying we should be buying newborn, instead.
Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.
DOR and AMA
2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts (4AB & 3BB); 6 frosties = BFN;
Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
Follow up testing in September all clear;
Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
12/12- Officially an OB patient!
Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
Planning FET in October/ November timeframe
If unsuccessful, have appt. with Dr. KK in December, also plan endometrial biopsy with RE before transfer of remaining blasts