Adoption

Official Intro

I posted yesterday asking for blogs. I really appreciate everyone who shared with me. Today my husband and I discussed adoption again. We'd discussed it in the past but today I told him about a lot of research I've done and how I feel about moving on to fertility treatments vs adoption. I don't want TTC and fertility treatments to be out of our future forever, but I just can't see myself wanting to get pregnant for a month again. We have had four losses over our three year TTC journey.

So, our next step will be adoption. We're trying to build a house right now, so we won't be starting the process immediately but almost definitely by the end of the year. I hope you all don't mind me hanging out here and learning more about all of it.

Thanks! 

imageimage
BabyFruit Ticker
June Balloons2Rememberance3
Trying for Baby S #1 since February 2010.
Missing Our Sweet Angels
My ITFB Ladies
AL Tiger
AL Always Welcome.

Re: Official Intro

• Welcome!

I'm sorry for your losses. We had 3 over a 3-year period.

FYI, some agencies allow you to pursue both avenues, if you're up to it.

GL and post away!

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • Welcome! We only had one loss but I understand that feeling of being ready to move forward with adoption and leave TTC behind you for now. Welcome again!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• ((((Hugs)))) I am sorry for your losses. It is so hard. I have a long history with fertility treatments. It is not for the faint of heart.

Welcome to the board :) such a supportive group.....we will all be here to help with your journey. 

DX AMA + MFI

After almost 5 years, 7 fresh IVF cycles and a few losses along the way, we are excited to move on to domestic infant adoption!

My IVF Blog

My Adoption Journey

• Welcome to the board!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Welcome! Good luck with the rest of building your house, and then with the next steps toward adoption!
    November '11-January '12- Three IUIs with donor sperm- BFN x 3
    April '12-December '12- Foster to adopt- All inappropriate referrals
    January '13-December '13- Domestic Infant Adoption- Never had a match
    May '14- FET #1 with 2 adopted embryos (lost 2 more in thawing)- BFN
    July '14- FET #2 with 2 adopted embryos (lost 1 more in thawing)- BFP EDD: 4/5/15 / Miscarriage @ 8w4d (2 D&C's)
    Nov '14- FET #3 with adopted embryos?

My Blog

• Welcome! Good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome and sorry for your losses.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am sorry for your losses as well.  My husband and I are also looking into it.  We have had a total of 3 losses since 2010.  We are dabbling in it but right now he is working over seas...so I am just gathering research as well.  It sounds like our stories are similar and we may make great friends through this :)
  • Welcome!  Good luck on your adoption journey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • So sorry for your losses. Welcome to the board, this is an incredibly supportive group.
  • Hello, and welcome.  I am very sorry for your losses.  I wish you the best as you move forward with adoption to build your family.

• Welcome. I'm so sorry for your losses. We've had 3 losses and are in a similar place as you (deciding how far to go with fertility treatments vs. adoption).

Best of luck to you. Also, congrats on the new house!

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • Welcome and good luck!  I've been keeping track of our adoption journey so far at http://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com ; feel free to check it out.  Hopefully there will be something helpful...

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards