Breastfeeding

Why is my breast friend better?

I have a boppy and its ok.  But my back is killing me.  Why would the my breast friend be better?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why is my breast friend better?

• It's firmer so you might not lean over as much, which is probably why your back hurts.  Try not to lean over as much when you nurse, that helped me a lot in the beginning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CougFanCougFan
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    It is better when they are little because you can wear it much higher. It also doesn't have that weird gap that the boppy does. But once your baby is bigger it will seem too big. Try a pillow under boppy or blanket under baby's head to raise it up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For me, it was the fact that it comfortably fit around me. I'm plus sized, though. I used it until I went from EBF to pumping and supplementing when she was 6 months old. She was a little large for it, but I would "extend" it with a pillow so she wasn't hanging off of it (we used the football hold).
  • The bf is flat, like a little shelf, and made of foam, so it positions baby better and they stay in that position!  Even though it wraps around, I turn it for football hold too. I have a boppy that I completely ditched when I got the bf pillow.  It's definitely helped my posture and his latch!  And it doesn't leave gaps between you and the pillow.  My pedi's office has a few there so I got to try it out before buying - you might see if your pedi or LC has one you can try.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hated the MBF. You can't sit down comfortably and lean back while it's on.

I think a sore back is just part of having a newborn.

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 - My BFP chart - EDD 10/20/14♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• I like that it has built in lumbar support and stays in place better than the bobby
    image baby boy at 20 weeks
    image"hi world" (at 13 weeks)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image theresat858:

I hated the MBF. You can't sit down comfortably and lean back while it's on.

I think a sore back is just part of having a newborn.

If the back strap bothers you, you can just flop it off to the side.  I rarely strap the thing onto me...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I liked the strap on it so when LO was teeny she didn't fall in between me and the pillow. Also, it is more sturdy and felt more supportive of LO. As she is older now, the boppy or just a throw pillow works just fine for us.

TTC #1 in Jan 2011, Annovulation suspected due to high glucose levels, started Metformin Sept 2011

BFP #1 01/27/2012, MC @ 5 wks

BFP #2 04/08/2012, EDD 12/19/2012, DD born 12/15/2012  

AF finally returned January 2014!

TTC#2 My Chart

BFP #3 04/15/2014  EDD 12/26/2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I hated both I found just throw pillows or bed pillows so much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled