Adoption

Waiting To Adopt - May 13th Check In

Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?

2) In what phase of the process are you?

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?

4) How are you feeling this week?

5) What's the next step for you?

6) QOTW: How are you doing after Sunday?

My 2 Blogs: Jalara's Chronicles (access on request)  &   India Surrogacy Blog
5 miscarriages of 6 babies, 2 IVF cycles and a devastating failed international adoption
imageimage
Expecting via surrogacy in India!
Surrogate: Feb 5th 2014: Betas: 10dp5dfet @ 110, 12dp5dfet @ 302, 14dp5dfet @ 767
First time a beta has ever doubled in 48 hours - ever!!!

Puddle due October 15th

Induced Lactation: It's working! I
'm making milk!

No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing fighting
The dream that you wish
Will come true
                   - Disney
(esque)
image     image 

Re: Waiting To Adopt - May 13th Check In

• 1) Foster-adopt, for under 5yo.

2) Interviewing agencies. We've done kinship placement through DCFS (IL's family services) and would like to use a private agency to facilitate the process going forward.

3) Just jumping in.

4) Insane

5) Start filling out paperwork.

6) We already have 3 kids so we celebrated but it's a strange holiday for me. My mom adopted me (step-mom). I am always overwhelmed with emotion for her choice to jump in and love my brothers and I and teach us what it meant to be a mom. I don't say much but it makes me cringe when people make comments about how "mom gave birth to you" or "your the reason why she pees when she laughs". I get it and it's kinda a funny remark but it also reminds me that we're a different kind of family. That's ok to me, it's just a part of life that reminds me of that.

It's a day that also reminds me that there's a woman out there who did give birth to me that couldn't be a mom. I don't hate her (anymore) I understand that she just has her own demons to deal with. This week was also her birthday too.  

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? DIA

2) In what phase of the process are you? Matched.

Agency finally has processed a match--we are waiting for the paper work and waiting to see the total $deposit cost. 

4) How are you feeling this week? Excited and hopeful.

5) What's the next step for you? Pay a boatload of money, return match agreement to the letter.

6) QOTW: How are you doing after Sunday? ok... we're matched, so I let myself hope a little about being a mom. My sister sweetly (This is rare) bought me a pandora charm for my bracelet---a hope chest--- so that it wouldn't "jinx" anything.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2) In what phase of the process are you?Waiting

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? Not really. We were asked to provide interim placement for a child for 3 days, which we agreed to, but they found another family for her. I was a little sad. I looked forward to be the opportunity to play a part in such a big step fro the adoptive family and for that child (even if it was small)

4) How are you feeling this week? Ok. I feel my optimism waning as I try to figure out career stuff.

5) What's the next step for you? Hopefully a match

6) QOTW: How are you doing after Sunday? I started off strong but as the day went, I was asked my several people (while out running errands) if I had children - I suppose to determine if they should say happy mothers day?-. I wanted to say 'Well yes, actually we have 5 angels' but I didn't as it would just be too much personal to share with a stranger, and they were just 'attempting' to be polite.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels
    Pursuing Domestic Infant Adoption!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?

IA from China, boy or girl, under 18 months

Hopefully nearing the end and getting our documents to China. 

Sent our I-800A app and were fingerprinted last week. Now just waiting for them to process! 

Not too bad, it's a little dangerous that I have a USCIS employee's email address. I'm trying not to email her every day, but it's difficult :)

Once our I-800a comes back, we will send everything to China, get a log in date and be matched!!

I'm actually doing well. My hubby gave me a beautiful necklace and I really felt like we are almost there and I can say by next mother's day our baby will be home!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest

DIA

Waiting

I ordered a necklace for the wait from Etsy 

The same as I have been- alternating between calm and anxious. More calm, but still some periods of anxiety.

Waiting. Trying to enjoy freedom we have now and continuing to save PTO and money. 

Glad it's over... annoyed several people said I would have a baby by this time next year. I don't want to get any "deadlines" stuck in my head. 

*Ticker Warning*

November '11-January '12- Three IUIs with donor sperm- BFN x 3
    April '12-December '12- Foster to adopt- All inappropriate referrals
    January '13-December '13- Domestic Infant Adoption- Never had a match
    May '14- FET with 2 adopted embryos- BFN
    July '14- FET with 2 adopted embryos- BFP EDD: 4/5/15

My Blog

• Hi ladies! I just posted my intro on the board. 

We're looking at DIA right now. 

Researching before starting the process. 

We've decided this is the route we'd like to take. 

Well, I just had my 4th loss so I'm not feeling fantastic but I feel better after having this discussion. 

We're trying to build a house right now. Once we're settled, that's when we hope to start everything. 

I've been better. 

imageimage
    Trying for Baby S #1 since February 2010.

Missing Our Sweet Angels 
    Our Blog || My ITFB Ladies 
    AL Always Welcome. <3.
  • ellekaeellekae
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    IA toddler adoption from China

Application & fundraising

We're half-way through the giant list of possible medical conditions our child could have! SO close to sending this application in!

Excited! And a little nervous. As usual. Ha! Also, stressed out with being a bit behind on my work from being sick last week. Meh. Surviving it all! Smile

Send in application and keep plugging away with our fundraisers.

No issues for me; I had a great day with DH & DD. DH brought me Five Guys burgers on the way home from church, and DD colored a picture for me. It was a good day.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Crossing our fingers for our child to be home from China with us by the end of 2014!

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?  DIA.

2) In what phase of the process are you? Waiting.

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?We have scheduled our home study update meeting.

4) How are you feeling this week?A little upset that we are still not parents and having to do this update to our home study.

5) What's the next step for you? Completing the home study update.

6) QOTW: How are you doing after Sunday?  Taking it hard and just putting one foot in front of the other.  DH really doesn't understand.

• Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? We are considering international adoption for children under 5.

2) In what phase of the process are you? We are doing research

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? I just finished my second semester in nursing school.  Only 3 left!

4) How are you feeling this week?  Bogged down.  A bit touchy about my recent miscarriage and excited about adoption.

5) What's the next step for you? Finding an agency (which seems impossible at this point)

6) QOTW: How are you doing after Sunday?  I am doing alright :)

IA from Moldova.  A little girl, age 24-48 months.

Almost done with the home study.  Our SW should be writing up a draft of it right now.

Finishing everything for the home study.  We had been working on it for four months. 

Good!  Hoping that our SW can draft the home study report fairly quickly.  She has been so slow at doing everything else though.

Once the home study is done, we can send off the I800-A.

After suffering through IF and crying my way through many Mother's Day festivities over the years, it is nice to have DD and celebrate the day.  It is still tough for me to fully enjoy the day though because so many of my friends are still deep in the trenches of IF and suffering or are anxiously waiting to hold their little one through the miracle of adoption. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

IA from China, 0-2 years 

Waiting, and more waiting 

WE GOT OUR LOGIN DATE: 5-13-13!!! 

Excited about our login date!  My husband's lucky number is 13, and it is also a lucky number in China.  My dear little sister that I helped raise was born on 5-13, so it is a very special date we were hoping for!! 

More waiting and preparation.  We may start looking into additional ways to grow our family soon, since we want our child to have siblings. 

My little sister honored me with a cake since she sees me more like a mother figure. Also, my husband got me flowers and pampered me all day to celebrate the mother I will be.  It was a nice day, even if it's not perfect yet.
    TTC for 5 years, with 2 failed IUIs. Excited to grow our family through international adoption!

Be JOYFUL in HOPE, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12
  • image jalara48:

Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

dia

Afraid to type it but we were just matched....

See #2. BM is due in july

Anxious and in disbelief. I just really hope this works out. According to the agency she is committed to the adoption plan.

Possibly meeting the EM but at this point I am still waiting on ppwk. from our agency and a conference call to find out some more details.

ok. I'm not going to lie that it helped knowing about the match...

DX AMA + MFI

After almost 5 years, 7 fresh IVF cycles and a few losses along the way, we are excited to move on to domestic infant adoption!

My IVF Blog

My Adoption Journey

• OMG  GINGER!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!! When is your EM due?!??!?!?!?!?!?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image maryoosa:
    OMG  GINGER!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!! When is your EM due?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, yay for you!!! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!

*Ticker Warning*

November '11-January '12- Three IUIs with donor sperm- BFN x 3
    April '12-December '12- Foster to adopt- All inappropriate referrals
    January '13-December '13- Domestic Infant Adoption- Never had a match
    May '14- FET with 2 adopted embryos- BFN
    July '14- FET with 2 adopted embryos- BFP EDD: 4/5/15

My Blog

2) In what phase of the process are you? Waiting

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? My husband just accepted a new job that offers $5000 adoption assistance!  We were hesitant for him to start a job search while being in the middle of this adoption process, but how lucky is this?  So, not only do I have a much happier husband (he wasn't liking his old job and was starting to get depressed about going there) but now we might even get a little help funding our adoption!  

4) How are you feeling this week? Good!

5) What's the next step for you? Checking out daycare places in our area to narrow it down to a few options that might let us go on a waiting list without a known enrollment date.  Since I still have 5 months to go until I'm eligible for FMLA, and DH won't be eligible for a year, I really don't know what our plan will be if we are placed right away. I don't want to rely on assuming that my job and DH's job will be flexible for more than a few weeks.

6) QOTW: How are you doing after Sunday? Great!  I think because I'm in waiting limbo right now, I didn't get any of those frustrated thoughts about not being a Mom yet.  My MIL gave me a little houseplant and a really nice card, which I though was sweet of her. 
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved! 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP!  EDD 11/17/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations Ginger!

My 2 Blogs: Jalara's Chronicles (access on request)  &   India Surrogacy Blog
    5 miscarriages of 6 babies, 2 IVF cycles and a devastating failed international adoption
    imageimage
    Expecting via surrogacy in India!
    Surrogate: Feb 5th 2014: Betas: 10dp5dfet @ 110, 12dp5dfet @ 302, 14dp5dfet @ 767
    First time a beta has ever doubled in 48 hours - ever!!!

Puddle due October 15th

Induced Lactation: It's working! I
    'm making milk!

No matter how your heart is grieving
    If you keep on believing fighting
    The dream that you wish
    Will come true
                       - Disney
    (esque)
    image     image 
  • I'm on mobile, excuse any weird punctuation and lack of numbers and questions!

DIA using a local agency.

We finally got the date for our seminar today, but it isn't til July. Have to do that and then schedule home study visits.

I graduated with my master's degree on Friday! I also started a new job a few weeks ago.

Mother's Day was OK. I got to celebrate in person with my mom, which was great. Didn't dwell on our situation too much. My SIL wished me a happy first mother's day since I'm "expecting", which was sweet but kind of odd, too.
  • 1.) Domestic Infant Adoption 

2.) About ready to enter the waiting pool.  Just need our profile book approved and we are good to go.

3.)  Home study is complete. Last of the references are in the mail. 

4.)  Stressed but mainly due to school work.

5.)  Entering the pool and waiting, waiting, waiting

6.) I feel good for the most part.  I am excited to announce to our friends and family that we are officially waiting for a baby in the near future so that made Mother's Day less depressing.

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • ellekaeellekae
    image kimmyb1020:

Hopefully nearing the end and getting our documents to China. 

SO excited for you!!

Crossing our fingers for our child to be home from China with us by the end of 2014!

• ellekaeellekae
    image StormyEyez:

WOOHOO!!!!

• image ellekae:
    image StormyEyez:

WOOHOO!!!!

Congrats Stormyeyez!

And Ellekae, can't wait for you to catch up with us! :)  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1) Domestic Newborn

2) Waiting to be matched. Homestudy approved 1/14/13

3) We have become regular attenders of a local adoption support group for anyone touched by adoption. We also had a waiting families Q&A meeting with our agency recently, which was a little bittersweet - seeing families who have recently been placed. Happy for them but also a little envious.

4) Anxious. I've been reading blogs and hearing a lot about very quick matches and placement. We're ready!

5) Being matched

6) Glad it's over. I don't know how many times I heard, "Happy soon-to-be Mother's Day, it'll happen eventually." I really didn't need to hear that all day.  

http://weareuntilforever.blogspot.com/

we are until forever...
    check out our blog