January 2013 Moms

STTN babies?

I noticed last night I was the only reply to a late night check in and after I did reply, R slept from 9:30 to 8:30!!!! WowA! This was our 3rd night in a row, really hoping I can add my STTN badge on my siggy soon!

So I was wondering are a lot of our Jan babies STTN yes? Or are we all just too tired to check in? I hope not.
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: STTN babies?

• DS is STTN. Makes for a good day at work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS STTN probably 90 of the time at this point.. Which usually means 9pmish to 5 or 6am.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My little man doesn't sleep through the night, but we're not up long enough for me to bump. He's still eating 2-3 times a night, but never fully wakes so we get right back to sleep.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image image
                                                                                     S14 Sig Challenge: Swimming Pool Fails
  • image trombgirl:
    My little man doesn't sleep through the night, but we're not up long enough for me to bump. He's still eating 23 times a night, but never fully wakes so we get right back to sleep.

Same
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    My little guy is definitely not sttn! I just never take my phone with me when he wakes up. He has never gone all night...on average he wakes 2 times still. I get up at 6, so I don't count anytime after that. One of these days :smiley:
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Depends on the definition. We had a few weeks where she'd sleep from 6:30-3:30 or 4 but then she backslid. I don't trust the STTN badge- tempting fate. I'll never put it in my siggy, no way, no how!
  • Fingers crossed Jack is over the worst of the sleep regression.  He has been waking up once a night the last few nights.  I am hoping he'll get back to sttn but right now I am happy with just the one time waking.  Jack knows how to keep my expectations low!  ;) 

Like pp said, not enough time to bump though.  I am trying to get Jack down earlier and earlier so he can start self soothing.  Last night we were in bed 20 minutes after he woke up.  He fussed for 5 minutes and then we were both off to bed until 6:30.   

• DD has been sleeping through the night for a little while now. The only problem is getting her to sleep now. Last night DH was up with her til 1:30... I would have stayed up, but I threw out my back. But she slept til 10 for me!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't know if this counts as STTN but in the past week or two my DS is now only waking once for a feeding. Usually he's up around 1 or 2am for a feed then we're both asleep in less than an hour. I don't do late night check-ins because I choose not to own a cell phone so I only post from our computer.

• DD has been sleeping 12 hours, 7-7 since 8 weeks. My pedi had pretty strict sleeping rules we have stick to since the beginning anf they seemed to have worked great BUT I also think she just happens to be a good sleeper, thats just good luck on my part so im very blessed.

Although this week she has started waking up at 3:30 for what seems like no reason, 4 month wakeful im assuming...she's not hungry and just looks wide awake! i feed sometimes or just rock for a while but then put her back and down. She stays pretty quiet after that but i can tell she's still up for a long time before falling asleep again. What are you supposed to do when they get up during the 4 month wakeful period anyway? Play with them? or try not to stimualte...? 

• We have been very lucky with Addison : she's been sleeping thru the night consistently since 12 weeks. Before that for about 34 weeks she was waking once. She goes to bed between 630 when she doesn't take a good afternoon nap until 830 at the latest. We usually wake her around 93010 to top her off with a bottle and she sleeps until 630830 am. She will also let you lay her back down after her morning bottle... Lol shell talk up herself for 30 minutes or so snd snooze for another hour ... We know we are lucky!!

• Too tired to check in. I started the post last night, and it was a rough night. Cole was up no less than 10 times between 7pm and 3am. Then he slept from 3am-6:30am. 

Not every night has been like that. That was unusually bad, but we usually have at least 2 wake-ups and start the day by 6 am.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb

• I consider DS to be STTN. He still wakes once to eat but we get a 6-8 hour stretch before he wakes. He's easy to get back down and I'm never up for longer than 30 minutes and he'll sleep another 4-6 hours. 
    OaD July Siggy Challenge: DS on the 4th (2013, 2014)
    imageimage

• ecu0505ecu0505
    250 Answers 100 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    We are pretty lucky too. LO has been STTN since about 8 weeks. She goes down around 8p and sleeps until about 6:30a. She is not a good mapper by any means but I can't complain. She was only waking once during the night from about 2 weeks on.

• BLPL101BLPL101
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    Yes, 8-6 am (sometimes a little earlier or later) then she usually sleeps for another hour or two. I know I'm lucky.
  • Just too tired!

DD only woke up twice last night so she's actually pretty close to the 5 hour definition of STTN but I couldn't sleep! I'm so used to her waking up at 11 that I laid awake in bed from 10 until she woke up just before 1! We've had company all weekend so I think she was really tired and I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke. I guess we'll see how tonight goes.

She was put in her bassinet at 730 tonight, a little earlier than usual, but squirmed around and didn't really settle to sleep until 750 so we'll see how long she makes it. 

• image Sherrymarks24:

DD has been sleeping 12 hours, 7-7 since 8 weeks. My pedi had pretty strict sleeping rules we have stick to since the beginning anf they seemed to have worked great BUT I also think she just happens to be a good sleeper, thats just good luck on my part so im very blessed.

Sherrymarks, what guidelines did your pedi give you? Anything helpful to pass on?

• My DD has been sleeping through the night, between 8 and 9pm to 6 or 7am since 5wks. When I put her in her crib she seemed to start sleeping better. She takes a few naps during the day ranging from 30min to hour 1/2. We've had a couple bad nights and I'm sure we'll have more. But have felt very lucky to have a good sleeper.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • DD has been STTN for about a month now; pretty much from 9pm to 9.30-10am

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • DD has been sleeping through the night for about 2-3 weeks now. Going down at 7:30 and up at 5:30. Sometimes I can get another hour or two out of her at that point after nursing her. Thanks for the reminder, adding a badge now
  • EagsEags
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    Thankfully, we've been STTN for the last month or so.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3 rounds medicated cycles + TI = BFNs and 1 c/p at 4w1d
    3rd cycle of Femera + Novarel + IUI = BFP!! EDD - 1/21/13
    Beta 14DPO - 132; Beta 16DPO - 311
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Love & luck to my Golden Girls <3<br> *Waiting for Baby Eags*;
  • DS technically STTN most nights with a 5 hour stretch from 7:30/8pm to 2-3am, nurses, and then sleeps another 3-5 hour stretch.  Some nights, like Sunday, are not as good (he was up every 2hrs Sunday).  About a month ago we got a week of 7:30pm-5:30am which was HEAVEN but he regressed after that.  

What gets me is that all the "sleep experts" say that longer daytime naps result in better night time sleep but DS is a cat napper (we're lucky to get a nap longer than 45 min and usually get about two 20-30min naps) and sleeps pretty good at night.  When he does sleep a lot during the day (like Sunday), he sleeps for crap at night. He is such a happy baby that I don't worry about it not fitting the typical daytime nap patterns.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS started STTN at 10 weeks, then at 15 weeks, sleep regression started, and he's been up every 2 hours for the last week and a half (with the exception of Mother's Day when he decided it would be a really sweet present to me).  He's not up long, and I'm usually back to bed in 10 minutes, but man is it frustrating since I know he can STTN but just isn't right now.  Sigh, I know it would be like this for long, and I just need to cherish the snuggles at 3 am.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • most of the time but not all the time.  At least most the time I just give her the paci and she goes back to sleep so I'm not up long
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image this decaf life:

Just too tired!

DD only woke up twice last night so she's actually pretty close to the 5 hour definition of STTN but I couldn't sleep! I'm so used to her waking up at 11 that I laid awake in bed from 10 until she woke up just before 1! We've had company all weekend so I think she was really tired and I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke. I guess we'll see how tonight goes.

She was put in her bassinet at 730 tonight, a little earlier than usual, but squirmed around and didn't really settle to sleep until 750 so we'll see how long she makes it. 

• image this decaf life:

Just too tired!

• Since the middle of April, he's been sleeping 4 hours at a time through the night, which was better than the 30-60 minutes we were getting before.  For the past week or so, he's been sleeping for 7 or 8 hours at a time so STTN just depends on what time he goes to sleep the night before.  But I'll gladly take it for the moment!  So much better than pacing the floor for hours at a time with a screaming, colicky baby!

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker