3rd Trimester

3hr GTT vent...

I just only today got the nurse's call that my 1hr GTT results (from exactly 28w) were "slightly elevated"... I get to do the 3hr this Wednesday at 8am. YAY. /sarcasm 

I guess the good thing is I only have to fast for the early morning (and until the test is over)...

I'm just annoyed because I feel that I have really eaten healthy and watched sugar/sweets/junkfood intake... I don't really know the randomness of GD occurring either (although I know just because I need a 3hr GTT does NOT mean I have GD)

any BTDT mom stories?

Love: 08/04/2006
Marriage: 10/02/2010
  Computer Hope
Baby Carriage: 
BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Buggy List blog

Re: 3hr GTT vent...

• There's nothing you can do to get or not get GD. It's not caused by diet or excercise.

A lot of people fail the screen but pass the 3 hour test ... Just relax and see what happens on Wed
  • It's hormonal and a result of the placenta. Nothing you eat or don't eat will change whether you get it. Fingers crossed for you! 
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I failed my 1 hour but passed my 3 hour. With my first two pregnancies I passed the 1 hour and never took the 3 hour. 
    DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13

#4 Due on 5-10-15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks - I know there's nothing I did (or didn't do) that caused anything, it's just hard to not reconsider every.single.thing I go to eat now... lol
    Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • image Amanda&EricB:
    It's hormonal and a result of the placenta. Nothing you eat or don't eat will change whether you get it. Fingers crossed for you! 

This. There are certain things that can make you have a higher risk factor to having it but then again it could just be random. I had almost no "risk factors" yet I still have GD with this pregnancy. I hope you get good news but just remember that if it happens, it isn't your fault, it's not the end of the world and there is a great support system out there (and on TB) for those who are diagnosed with it. Good luck! 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image somerandomchick:
    There's nothing you can do to get or not get GD. It's not caused by diet or excercise. A lot of people fail the screen but pass the 3 hour test ... Just relax and see what happens on Wed

All of the above. Not a big deal to fail the 1 hour. I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Controlling sugar and carb intake has nothing to do with getting or not getting GD, unfortunately. You could have a perfect diet and still get it. Hopefully you'll pass the 3 hour. Good luck!
  • I failed my 1 hr by like 8 points, but had a bad reaction to the glucola and didn't want to go through it again with the 3 hr, so they just automatically diagnosed me.  I was so pissed and sure it was misdiagnosed - I was in complete denial.  A few weeks later I realized that I definitely did have GD, even though many women in my position could have gone on, taken the 3 hour, and passed just fine.

For the record, I was very active and had an ideal bmi when I got pregnant.  I eat very healthy and take really good care of myself.  There is no history of any type of diabetes in my family, gestational or otherwise.

If you have it, it's okay.  I won't lie - watching carbs all the time is no fun, and I can't wait to have a milkshake the day I deliver, but it's manageable.  Besides, it's temporary, and for most of us monitoring blood sugar, watching what we eat, and making sure to get out there and do something as simple as take a walk once or twice a day is all it takes.

Good luck :)

• image AmandaEricB:
    It's hormonal and a result of the placenta. Nothing you eat or don't eat will change whether you get it. Fingers crossed for you!nbsp;

This.
  • Your diet means nothing. You can't prevent it. No reason to get down on yourself. Hopefully you pass the three hour.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

July 2014 BMB Siggy Challenge
    View Full Size Image
    NTNP Since August 2014
    TTC for #3 in January 2016!

• I got the call last week that I failed mine too.  At my appt today, my doctor told me that 80% of the people who fail the 1 hour test end up passing the 3 hour, and that I shouldn't worry about it until I had to.

No advice for you, and I'm a FTM too, but I hope you pass the 3 hour! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't worry...I found out (after the fact) that 40% of people fail the 1 hr test. I honestly don't know why the even do it. 40% of people do not get GD. I failed my 1 hr and was fine on my 3 hr. So the utter panick I felt when the dr office called after the first test, could have been avoided if someone had mentioned that nearly half of people fail the 1 hr!
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards