February 2013 Moms

About to fly, good article

In a few hours I am off on a trip, and flying with my baby, and one of my sons (we have the kids take turns going back to visit family). I have been a little freaked out, even though I have flown plenty with kids, even when they were babies and toddlers. This is not the first time I have flown alone with 2 or more kids, or a baby, but it is the first time flying alone with two or more kids one of whom is a baby (Dh has always been along on the baby flights)! So I have been looking up some good tips and came across this awesome article. I though I would share incase anyone else is travelling soon. I just love this part..

Find Your Zen

Really, this is all you need.  Decide that NO MATTER WHAT, you will not be rattled.  Poop, tears, crabby employees, missed flights -  you will be CALM.  In fact, you will not only be calm, you will SMILE at this super-funny adventure you are embarking on!  Adventure is fun, people!  Life is fun!!  And chances are, if you are in an airport with your kiddos in tow, you are much luckier than 99.9% of people on the planet.  (Even if you miss your flight and will have to bunk down in the airport.)  A little perspective goes a long way.

http://www.aintnomomjeans.com/2012/05/tips-for-flying-alone-with-kids.html

Wish me luck!

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!image

Re: About to fly, good article

• Good luck! I fly in about three weeks for the first time with the little guy, so any tips you have will be appreciated! Luckily it's only an hour flight, and grandma and grandpa are providing a car seat for when we land so I don't have to lug that along. My biggest fear is that my little spit up king will projectile on the unsuspecting people I'm still next to.
    BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
    BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13
  • ajetterajetter
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    image Sterling13:
    Good luck! I fly in about three weeks for the first time with the little guy, so any tips you have will be appreciated! Luckily it's only an hour flight, and grandma and grandpa are providing a car seat for when we land so I don't have to lug that along. My biggest fear is that my little spit up king will projectile on the unsuspecting people I'm still next to.

Make sure you pack at least two extra outfits for LO, an extra shirt for you, and a plastic bag to stick any wet or dirtied clothes into, in your diaper bag. I went through all that on my first flight with DD2!
  • image ajetter:
    image Sterling13:
    Good luck! I fly in about three weeks for the first time with the little guy, so any tips you have will be appreciated! Luckily it's only an hour flight, and grandma and grandpa are providing a car seat for when we land so I don't have to lug that along. My biggest fear is that my little spit up king will projectile on the unsuspecting people I'm still next to.
    Make sure you pack at least two extra outfits for LO, an extra shirt for you, and a plastic bag to stick any wet or dirtied clothes into, in your diaper bag. I went through all that on my first flight with DD2!

Good ideas all around! Thank you!

BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
    BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13