January 2013 Moms

Pregnancy Scare

Who here has had one since?

I'm feeling nauseous today and I'm instantly thinking what if. Although it would practically be immaculate conception at this point and I'm on the mini pill but I will be testing when I get home.

Anyone else? I wonder when our first Jan mom will get a BFP.

Re: Pregnancy Scare

• One of the January moms already got a BFP. I think she uses the FB group more than TB.

I hope that you get the result you want. Keep us posted! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our first KTFU Jan momma is chefsteph Wink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 82Sonia82Sonia
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Love Its
    I think we've already had one, maybe two moms with BFPs now. Or maybe I dreamt that...the 4:00 pumping sessions are catching up with me.

• image jessalared:
    Our first KTFU Jan momma is chefsteph [;]

Oh wow. Exciting stuff. Fingers crossed I'm not joining her too soon lol.
  • image teds1chic:
    image jessalared:
    Our first KTFU Jan momma is chefsteph [;]
    Oh wow. Exciting stuff. Fingers crossed I'm not joining her too soon lol.

Fingers crossed for you! Although I'm sure she would be very excited, haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BLPL101BLPL101
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer

I'm not pregnant, but I've taken 2 pregnancy tests. Thank the Lord they are negative!

ETA: I have a friend who just had a baby and her DD just celebrated her 1st bday. The pregnancy was NOT planned. I cannot even imagine!! 

• it would be hard to know if the mini pill failed me as I don't get AF.  But I do watch for ovulation signs and none yet so I'm pretty sure it's doing its job :) 

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jobiannjobiann
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 250 Love Its
    Honestly, I would flip the F out! LOL, we aren't even sure we want #2.

100 "Parks And Recreation" GIFs To Celebrate The Show's 100th Episode

Anniversary

• Kie310Kie310
    Seventh Anniversary

I had one. And it's a scare if for me! While I want a 3rd, the plan is to wait until #2 is like 1.5 years old.

I have had 3 periods since. The first 2 were exactly 31 days long. The 3rd one I was 4 then 5 then 6 days late. I was starting to freak. BFN 6 days after it was "late" got my period the next evening.

We are using condoms, but I'm still tracking my O and know we did have sex a couple of days before it so the possibility was there, no matter how slight.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image jobiann:
    Honestly, I would flip the F out! LOL, we aren't even sure we want 2.

I def want two but not now. Just the idea of BFing for 2 straight years is exhausting.
  • image BLPL101:
    I'm not pregnant, but I've taken 2 pregnancy tests. Thank the Lord they are negative!ETA: I have a friend who just had a baby and her DD just celebrated her 1st bday. The pregnancy was NOT planned. I cannot even imagine!!nbsp;

I don't think I'm pregnant either but need to take a test by the end of the month to be sure. I bought cheapo ones for this purpose!!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image jobiann:

Same here. But I even told a coworkers today, I've been naseous for a week, I smell everything to the point my lotion almost made me sick today... But I'm on the pill, so let's hope its just an odd coincidence.
    TTC since 7/2010. BFP #1 10/7/2010. M/C 11/3/2010.
    PCOS diagnosed 10/2011. BFP #2 4/29/2012 after 3 rounds of Clomid. 1/8/13- our little miracle is here!

imageimage

• I feel scared of this a lot because I still haven't gotten my period and might not in the mini pill. I just had a dream that I was knocked up and I am praying it was wrong and sending prayers that it is my friend instead since she has been trying for 4 years. In my dream I took 3 tests all positive.
  • I don't know if this is helpful advice at all, but to those of you who are wanting some peace of mind I would a) look into breastfeeding amenorrhea so you can feel better about your chances of conceiving if you're EBF'ing, and/or b) learn about the Fertility Awareness Method, especially what fertile cervical fluid looks like.

I too really don't want to be pregnant right now and although I have Paragard now I'm a little skeptical about being so hands off with my fertility because I'm used to using FAM to avoid.  Anyway, I get a lot of peace of mind just from observing CF.  It tells me when ovulation is happening and that tells me when to expect my period.  No POAS or freaking out necessary :D  Of course this is all simplified because I'm not BFing BUT there are specific things to know/look for even while BFing.  So if you're interested in having some more peace of mind I would recommend looking into it. 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I thought I felt kicks when LO was 2 months old and I wanted to cry. We go back and forth about another one but if we do try again it won't be for a years

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • No pregnancy scare here. I went back on BC 6 weeks PP and everythings been working like clockwork. DH and I really want to have our #2 sooner rather than later... we agreed to start TTC in March... give my body some time to recoup and get DS over a year and weaned so I can have my boobs back for awhile, lol.

If I got a BFP tomorrow, though, I think I'd be super excited. I had a dream last night about having triplets (2 boys and a girl). I think I've caught baby fever in a major way. I call DS my potato chip baby... can't have just one! ;)

image     image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image image image
                                                                    Sept14 April Sig Challenge - Favorite Fairy Tale
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • image MelissaRae1525:
    I thought I felt kicks when LO was 2 months old and I wanted to cry. We go back and forth about another one but if we do try again it won't be for a years

Haha...same here with the kicks. So peculiar! 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yes! i have taken two tests - all negative!! THANK GOODNESS! 

• We have two pregnancies here already?

I'd have to have sex to get pregnant. 14 weeks pp and still no sex and bo change on the horizon. mobile sad face

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image jobiann:
    Honestly, I would flip the F out! LOL, we aren't even sure we want #2.

Me too! We are definitely one and done. I have Mirena but I still get paranoid about it not working. We'll definitely be looking into permanent birth control somewhere down the line!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • image zonagirlie:
    We have two pregnancies here already? I'd have to have sex to get pregnant. 14 weeks pp and still no sex and bo change on the horizon. mobile sad face

Im right there with you Zona.   no action here either.  I see my doc in 4-5 weeks to see if I'm cleared yet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • BLPL101BLPL101
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    image MichieU79:

image MelissaRae1525:
    I thought I felt kicks when LO was 2 months old and I wanted to cry. We go back and forth about another one but if we do try again it won't be for a years

Haha...same here with the kicks. So peculiar! 

Me too. I actually called my midwife because it REALLY feels like a baby is kicking. She told me it's almost certainly gas (I already took a pregnancy test). I feel it all day long, every day. 

• image lcunningham:
    Yes! i have taken two tests - all negative!! THANK GOODNESS! 

Same here - I plan to test once a month until AF returns just for peace of mind.  DH is adamant about being one and done, but is afraid to get snipped.  We're careful, but my hormones still aren't quite right so I have some phantom symptoms on occasion.

If I remember correctly from her post, chefsteph is already in her second trimester and it was a BC fail.  I can't even imagine. 

image  image  image

• I'm scared right now, but need to buy a test... I'm on the depo shot and EBF. When I got the shot at my 6wk check the nurse had a hard time getting it in my arm then said it was coming back out. I've been on the shot before and that's never happened. Hoping that dumb nurse didn't screw me. I've only had one period since having my DD and that was before getting on the shot. I do know you can stop getting your period while on the shot. I've woke up nauseous a few times and had a dream we had triplets!!! We definitely want another baby but not this soon
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • dlbrousdlbrous
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments
    image teds1chic:
    image jobiann:

I def want two but not now. Just the idea of BFing for 2 straight years is exhausting.

This! Agree 110
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I had a scare on Mother's Day.  Fortunately, it turned out to be a stomach virus (I never thought I'd see the day when I found a way to put a positive spin on a stomach virus!).  
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • i did for sure....i've been so bad about taking my pill...i hadn't taken it for over 2 years, so i kept forgetting to take it....we've only dtd once since dd was born....and i was randomly spotting or not spotting and then didn't get anything, so i was freaking out...he didn't think i'd be pregnant yet since we had such a hard time before (got pg with iui) but i've heard that after that the 2nd one can come easier....i'm trying to be better about remembering to take the pill, that and we haven't dtd since....just bc the last thing i want is to be pg again...i didn't mind being pg, and i love dd, but, i am so not ready for another one just yet...i'm still not sure i know what i'm doing with this one 

• holly52holly52
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one having symptoms. I have the Mirena, can't track my periods and googled side effects (don't ever do this) so I'm totally paranoid the damn thing is floating around in my body, or fallen out or something. I do get nauseous and am really tired a lot and more thirsty than normal. While I would love to have another baby I'm not supposed to even try to conceive until I meet with high risk doctors and I want to wait until DD is a few years old.... I guess it's time to go to the dollar store and stock up just for peace of mine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • image loreeann86:
    I'm scared right now, but need to buy a test... I'm on the depo shot and EBF. When I got the shot at my 6wk check the nurse had a hard time getting it in my arm then said it was coming back out. I've been on the shot before and that's never happened. Hoping that dumb nurse didn't screw me. I've only had one period since having my DD and that was before getting on the shot. I do know you can stop getting your period while on the shot. I've woke up nauseous a few times and had a dream we had triplets!!! We definitely want another baby but not this soon

You can stop having your period while on depo. I'm on it as well, but had my period 3 weeks late, and 2 weeks long. Boooo. I was hoping id stop having one. Lol

"A moment in my tummy... a lifetime in my heart." ??

• i give those ladies major props because i dont think i could do it again right away haha!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker