3rd Trimester
Options

Hit in the belly

Anyone taken a blow to the belly while pregnant?

I am 30weeks 4 days. My 75lb. dog just jumped on me with his two front paws. He was running and sort of lunged. So it wasn't like he was at a stand still. I have felt her move a couple times since. I'm just worried still.

I have a call in to my Dr office... waiting on a call back. Just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen.

Re: Hit in the belly

• Options
    Baby is remarkably well protected in there. My 30 lb dog has hit me in the belly multiple times throughout my pregnancy and sometimes used me as a launching pad off the couch much against my wishes. MY LO is very ok. If you had bleeding or something I would be more concerned but there is a pretty significant buffer in there. Probably good just to get confirmation from your doctor but I'm sure everything is fine. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jlpevjlpev member
    My 2 year old jumps on me all the time. He's 34 lbs and extremely active. I also have 2, 90 lb labs that also will occasionally jump on me if they are excited, which is usually my fault.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't worry about it (I have a 2 year old 50lb dog that still surprises me with a jump at my belly from time to time though he's gotten much better).   I think it takes a LOT for them to be impacted in the womb,.  I'm sure the doc will put your mind at ease soon.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    JBMarq3JBMarq3 member

I've heard of numerous stories of women falling on their bellies and being clumsey running into things and things have turned out fine, but, all in all, you just need to wait to hear from your doc. Baby has a lot of cushion in their and sometimes it just bruises you a bit..

Hope it turns out alright :)

• Options
    imagejlpev:
    My 2 year old jumps on me all the time. He's 34 lbs and extremely active. I also have 2, 90 lb labs that also will occasionally jump on me if they are excited, which is usually my fault.

Yeah this was probably my fault. I was playing red light green light with my 4 year old. Guess my dog felt left out. Lol Anyways thanks for all the responses. Helps me feel better!
  • Options
    skioskio member
    We're you standing or laying down?

I wouldn't worry, but I'm not a worrier. I get kicked or pounded in the belly by my two year old almost daily. Baby is super protected.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageskio:
    We're you standing or laying down?

I wouldn't worry, but I'm not a worrier. I get kicked or pounded in the belly by my two year old almost daily. Baby is super protected.

Standing. Hit right in the center near my belly button.
  • Options
    My dog is only 13 pounds but she jumps from the floor onto my belly all of the time, the baby moves constantly so I'm not concerned. He usually kicks her back so at least I know his reflexes are good! LOL
  • Options
    I have been hit on the belly a few times my 2 1/2 year old likes to jump off of things and onto mommy he's about 30 pounds and I've also had my 3 1/2 year old jump on me a couple of times ( usually when I am sleeping ) she weights about 45 pounds not to comfortable but baby's ok
  • Options
    My two kids hit my belly almost daily ? elbows, knees, jumping, etc. ? they're constantly hurting me (by accident). Unless you are in severe pain or bleeding or something seems off, I wouldn't worry.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have dogs some big and some small and have taken a few blows but I took a hard head nudge by my horse this past weekend and I was a little worried about it because it really hurt, but baby is fine and i didnt have any bleeding or signs of labor. 

They say that is the best little bubble for babies. Super safe and resilient.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was carrying my 45lb DS the other day and lost my balance and fell. To avoid dropping him I landed on my side. My belly wasn't hit, but DS was putting tons of pressure on me. I called the doctor and she said that going 50mph in a car, crashing and the steering wheel hitting your stomach is something that can cause damage. It takes a lot she said!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"