Babies: 0 - 3 Months

motn help

My 3 month old had had only one motn wakening since she was 4 weeks old. For the last three nights she has woken up 3 times a night. Any ideas why this might be happening? She's not crying so I don't think there is anything physically wrong. Growth spurt? Developmental leap?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: motn help

• There is a 12 week growth spurt. Hopefully that is all it is. I really would not worry.

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Yeah I heard the 12 week one is awful. My LO is 10 1/2 weeks and I'm dreading it
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Maybe your LO is just a little early for their 4 month wakeful period?  A lot of kids just get more curious, wake a bit more, can't settle themselves back down, etc.  You'll see on here that many people will go through it.  Some will end up trying Ferber/CIO, some will wait it out, but a month or so into to 4 month wakeful, you'll start to see a lot of mamas getting really tired of all the wakings!  DS went through it and we ended up letting him CIO at 5.5 months (he was at 6 wakings a night when I finally couldn't take it anymore).  GL!!  Hopefully it's short lived.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My LO wakes up all throughout the night but doesn't cry. I caught her today...at 2 am I heard some babbling and looked on the monitor. There she was, bright eyed and bushytailed! Then she just put herself back to sleep. And at 545 am I heard more babbling, so I came in and fed her and now she's sleeping again.

Maybe she'll just go back to sleep on her own?
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I let her babble a while before I go get her. When she progresses to fussy that is going to turn into crying then I go see if she's hungry, needs a diaper, etc.

• Nicb13Nicb13
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Second Anniversary

image uncaripswife:
    I let her babble a while before I go get her. When she progresses to fussy that is going to turn into crying then I go see if she's hungry, needs a diaper, etc.

That's all you can really do. Sounds totally normal and just keep in mind there will be quite a few periods of sleep regression. The first year is hard.

image DS born 3/10/12

BabyFetus Ticker