Multiples

Should I feed during nighttime twin moaning session??

Hey ladies! 

My girls are 5 1/2 months, 14 lbs, and starting to sleep pretty well.   Lately, they wake up 6-8 hours after bed time and have extended moaning sessions.  I don't know whether to feed them or not!  On the one hand, the sessions go on for a long time and usually if they go back to sleep they wake up before too long (presumably are actually hungry) and start to moan again.  On the other hand, we're sleep training and you aren't supposed to go to the babies unless they're actually upset.

Thoughts?

Re: Should I feed during nighttime twin moaning session??

• How much are they eating during the day?  Are they making up for any lost nighttime bottles?  That is one aspect to take into things.  The other is the fact that once back asleep, they don't stay asleep.  I would feed them for a few nights.  My littlest one needed a few bottles here and there even after she was sleep trained.
  • They are EBF, so I have no idea how much they eat per day.  You may be right about the not staying asleep thing.  If I feed them, they go right back down and sleep until morning (or close to it).
  • Loading the player...
  • And, by the way, your girls are adorable.
  • MelleTXMelleTX member

At that age, they should be able to go all night without eating. Mine do this too. I was feeding an extra bottle for a few nights, which she would take, but it didn't really change her sleeping pattens any. She still woke up at the same time each morning. 

Usually, she just wants her paci and I can pat her back down.

Now, I have a guide I follow. I go in twice to replace the paci, but if she requires me to go in a third time, I put the paci in and heat a bottle. About half the time, she is ready for the bottle when it is ready and about half the time, she falls back asleep after the third time.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"