June 2013 Moms

Music for Labor

Have any of you made or considered making a playlist of music for labor? I am thinking of doing one although, not sure it will be used in the end! but wanted to see in any of you had a "musthave" song on your list.

I know our music tastes are different, but I always forget a great song on my playlists that I wish later, I would have remembered! Thanks!

Re: Music for Labor

• Someone suggested this to me, and said that choosing relaxing songs would be the best because it calms you and relaxes your body. I'm thinking of trying it out
  • I definitely want to do this!  I'd love to hear ideas that others have, too.  I plan to make a couple playlists... one with more relaxing music, and one with just music I love.

Some song ideas:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World 

Walking on Sunshine

image  image

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am going with Yanni or Kenny G
  • I like the Spa station on Pandora...

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• It will be a mix of quiet indie rock and yoga music. I suggest 8tracks.com if you're looking for music centered around a mood.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am not a fan of 'relaxing' music. That stuff makes me twitchy. I plan to make a playlist with all of may favorite bands and music and use that. I do plan to use songs from our wedding and other songs that have positive memories to help me stay positive.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    EJ born 5/15/13 at 35 weeks 5 Days
    BFP 5/21/14 Missed Miscarriage Discovered 8/13/14 @ 17weeks "Scout"

• My H mentioned this and I'm just not sure if I want music. I think I'm going to want it to be quiet. I'm pretty sure the only reason he suggested it is because he wants Push It playing when it's go time.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • If I could listen to it on the operating table I would!
  • My hubs has a ton of music loaded onto a flash drive so we'll be able to listen to it all through his laptop.  I'm thinking that I'd rather have music like The Offspring and Nirvana (showing my age here) than the spa sounds. However, on our tour, the nurse said that most people just prefer a quiet and dark room. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BbtjBbtj
    10 Comments 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    I want to make a playlist too! The only suggested song was "ahhh Push It." Although this seems to be fun now, I will most likely just want to be relaxed with Adele and spa music
  • I'll probably put on some Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz. They tend to keep me distracted and in a good mood.

• These are good suggestions! I guess it just proves how music influences different people in different moods!
  • Mara123Mara123 member
    As someone else suggested, I plan to use Pandora. I've created a few stations that DH can quickly switch to as my DJ. My favorites stations now are One Republic, Dean Martin, and Mozart. So very different, but I've definitely been going through mood swings so it is fitting :)
  • rzurbrrzurbr
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary

image courty625:
    My H mentioned this and I'm just not sure if I want music. I think I'm going to want it to be quiet. I'm pretty sure the only reason he suggested it is because he wants Push It playing when it's go time.

That's hilarious and I've thought about putting a playlist together but that's as far as I've gotten.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards