February 2013 Moms

Any strange run in lately?

I had one yesterday. I was at a restaurant and the baby was super happy in his car seat. They had one of those car seat sling so I kept him in it, and all my kids, my dad and I sat down. Every time the waitress would come by she would say something like "mommy get me out of my seat", or "ahh mommy I am too cute too be in my seat." It was so strange. I wanted my hands free to eat my food and help my kids with anything they needed like cutting up their food or something. Add to that he was perfectly content just sitting there looking around. When I was done eating I took him out to hold him even though he still was just happily sitting there. She comes by with the check and says "yay mom finally listened and set me free." So strange, she said she had kids too so I figure she is just a militant AP person or something?!?! Any odd run in with strange people lately?

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!

Re: Any strange run in lately?

• I fortunately haven't lately, but wanted to share a story from dd.

she was about 4 months old, it was the middle of July,  I had her Ina skirt and we had to run into the grocery store.  I usually kept her legs covered with a blanket  inar conditioning, but didnt think about it this time.  An elderly lady came up and said she needed a blanket, I told her that I forgot it in the car.  She said I should leave dd with her and run out and get it.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • Not lately but a few weeks ago I was at the laundromat folding clothes and DD woke up suddenly and started crying from her car seat on the floor by my chair (very near me and in my sight).  This old lady came by and said to DD "Is mommy being mean to you?" Then she asked me if I had hand sanitizer, not if she could touch my baby, but if I had hand sanitizer! When I said no she said, "Oh, well, I'll just touch her feet then." I was so shocked I just stood there with my jaw agape while she tugged DDs toes. She walked away right after that. I am still shocked. Who does that? Who completely ignores the mother and only interacts with the tiny baby!!!???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image SidraJedi:
    Not lately but a few weeks ago I was at the laundromat folding clothes and DD woke up suddenly and started crying from her car seat on the floor by my chair (very near me and in my sight).  This old lady came by and said to DD "Is mommy being mean to you?" Then she asked me if I had hand sanitizer, not if she could touch my baby, but if I had hand sanitizer! When I said no she said, "Oh, well, I'll just touch her feet then." I was so shocked I just stood there with my jaw agape while she tugged DDs toes. She walked away right after that. I am still shocked. Who does that? Who completely ignores the mother and only interacts with the tiny baby!!!???

Indifferent  I... I just. I don't know. Indifferent

OP, that is really obnoxious. Why do people do things like that? Does she think she made the world a better place that day by passive aggressively telling some random mother that she was inadequately caring for her baby? I don't get it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • A man at the mall stopped me and was looking at our boys in the stroller. He asked if we had one of each even though they were wearing matching baseball outfits. I told him no, they're both boys. His response was "well you better watch out for that one in the future.. He may be, you know, gay." Uhhhh. What?
  • image meechellebelle:
    A man at the mall stopped me and was looking at our boys in the stroller. He asked if we had one of each even though they were wearing matching baseball outfits. I told him no, they're both boys. His response was "well you better watch out for that one in the future.. He may be, you know, gay." Uhhhh. What?

Wow.  Just wow to all of these!  You guys encounter much weirder people than I do!  I don't have a clue what I would say. 

I did meet a guy in the tire department of Walmart the other day.  He was an older man who grinned at me when he saw my 2 yr old jumping in the cart and me wearing a newborn.  He told me I was blessed and I agreed.  Then he pulled out pictures of his grandkids and told me all about them.  These are the people I meet all the time! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image meechellebelle:
    A man at the mall stopped me and was looking at our boys in the stroller. He asked if we had one of each even though they were wearing matching baseball outfits. I told him no, they're both boys. His response was "well you better watch out for that one in the future.. He may be, you know, gay." Uhhhh. What?

ETA: image fail. I'll try again later

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, a man at the park made a comment about my son getting some sun in his face. A) he is wearing sunscreen. B) he is also wearing a hat with the stroller canopy pulled as far as it will get. C) my son and I are both natural redheads. I have almost 30 years of sun care experience on how to avoid burns. D) GOOD! My son naps like $hit! I hope the sun hits his face so he closes his little eyes and goes to sleep! It works wonders. And good vitamin D too. Lastly, MYOB!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image meechellebelle:

Omg. What?!? What a strange thing to say!!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• I have had multiple people ask if DD is a little boy. Ummm, did you miss the obvious pink blanket? Or the bow on her head? Just bc I dress her in something green....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married the love of my life July 2010! TTC since Dec 2011.
    BFP #1: 1/20/12; missed m/c 2/17/12; d&c 3/2/12
    BFP #2: 6/1/12; EDD 2/12/13, DD born 1/5/13 at 34w 5d!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker