Pregnant after a Loss

positive hpt negative doctor's

Have any of you experienced a positive first response test and then gone into the doctor's office and have it be negative? I'm a little confused. They did blood work, but I won't know until Monday, and I think I'm going a little crazy.

Did this happen to any of you?  

Re: positive hpt negative doctor's

• this pregnancy, my doctors test wasn't exactly negative, but my HCG levels were below their normal level to consider me pregnant. I think  they consider pregnant a level of 20, mine was 15 (or something similar). HPT's can be pretty sensitive, and I did test pretty early, a couple days before my missed period.

But I'm 20 weeks pregnant now, so that test was certainly correct. They just had me come back two days after the initial test. 

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Yes! This happened to me too only I got my positive on a wondfo strip. Early test strips like the first response ones usually test for 20-25 units of hcg in your urine, while doctor's test sometimes look for 50-100 units. Add to that the fact that it probably wasn't FMU at the doctor's and it's easy to get a negative. It scared the crap out of me and I went home in tears, then two days later they called me with the results of my blood test done at that same negative urine test appointment and my beta was 296! Well over 50-100! Now I'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant and still going strong :) HTH.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies! This makes me feel a little better. I was just so worried that once again I would have a loss. I'm glad to hear positive stories from you!

• This happened to me this pregnancy. I'm pretty sure my doctor thought I was seeing things but by that time I had seen enough negatives to know the difference. He kindly sent me for bloodwork and it confirmed I was pregnant.
    BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Me! I had 2 positive digitals at home but the office test was negative. Bloodwork confirmed I was pregnant. It was still early, the middle of the day, and I had drunk lots of water that day.
    imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • Yes, this happened to me with this pregnancy. I had a positive internet cheapie and FRER for two days.  Then the doctor's urine test came up negative.  I have no idea how it happened because I was 17DPO and beta came back at 709 from the blood test the same day. I had also had a lot of water that day.

Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"