May 2013 Moms

Broken record?

This has probably been asked before but I don't spend all my days on here and don't want to search lol

All night tonight I've been feeling low pressure and I know my LO has dropped but I also haven't seen my doctor since April 25th and I'm due in 10 days and don't have another appt til the 17th because he has been out of town. I have no idea if I am dilated, effaced or simply if things are going normally. For those moms who say they have felt extreme pressure, did cramping also follow? If it doesn't get better I will be calling or making a trip to LD.

Re: Broken record?

• Pressure is going to happen. If its not accompanied by something very alarming I don't think it warrants a trip to L and D.
  • I would say if anything very low pressure is good!! Seems to be when I felt that is when his head was getting settled into my pelvis. So head down us definitely good!

As far as checks go for dilation and effacement. I have already decided that I am going to opt out if those for my next pregnancy. After speaking with my doc, I now realize that they really don't tell you much. You can be 3 cm for a month or 0 and go in labor that night. Plus to me they hurt! ;
    So as long as you're feeling movement and do not have any bad symtoms if say you're doing ok!

But not a doctor! ; hopefully this helps put your mind at ease at least!
  • Ps...I started having cramps as well. Doc says its all part of your body gearing up for the big day!! As lo ng as they are not unbearable and they aren't regular contractions lasting a min every like 510 min your ok! ;
  • This sounds like a normal pregnancy symptom. We are all feeling pressure. There is a baby pressing down on your pelvis.

Also, if you're a FTM you can expect to go over your due date.

I'm sure your doc gave you a list of reasons to go in to or call L and D, and I'm also sure pressure unaccompanied by other symptoms isn't one of them. But again, we are internet strangers and not doctors. Feel free to call.

Not trying to be snarky, but yes, this is a "broken record" question and it's par for the course with pregnancy.
    He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jayro10jayro10
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I'd be more concerned that you've gone so long between appointments. That seems whack to me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jayro10:
    I'd be more concerned that you've gone so long between appointments. That seems whack to me.

Yep. 

Congrats to my buddies Shazzie and Madeline10L on their little ladies!
  • rsage53rsage53
    Ninth Anniversary

image jayro10:

This!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I've had low pressure and cramps... just got checked yesterday and he is still "high" and I'm only 1 cm. (again, dilation and effacement doesn't really tell you much)
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • April!April!
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments

This sounds normal to me too. I have been having pressure for the past couple of weeks, plus some cramping but it never lasts very long. You don't need to go to L&D unless you have contractions that are 5 minutes apart, last for 1 minute, and have been going on for an hour. Dilation and effacement don't really mean anything unless you're in active labor.

It is strange that you haven't seen your doctor in such a long time. Toes he have a backup doctor you could see?

BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • I'm 2cm and 37 weeks and feel pressure and her head bumping my cervix all the time but nothing has happened beyond that. As a side note... Why haven't you seen another doc in the practice who is covering for her?
  • I have called so many times seeing when the next appointment opening is and it is just him so I have no idea why I can't see who is covering for him. In the middle of April I found out my due date had changed from May 20 to June 2 and now being 9 days from my original due date I don't know what to do. I keep hearing FTM's go over their due date but with everyone around me being FTM's I think that's crap and they just come whenever. Out of almost 15 females I know over this past year 2 went over their due date the rest were early. I know pressure is a symptom especially when baby really gets ready, my cramps just alarmed me because of how painful they were and I have a pretty good pain tolerance.

Around 130 am they turned into real contractions and were so spread out I quit counting and tried to sleep. I haven't had contractions today just cramping so hopefully I can get some answers Friday when my doc is back.
  • jayro10jayro10
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    My doctor is the only one in the practice and she was on vacation last week.... But I still had my weekly appointment and saw the PA instead. Your doctor sounds shady. If you have another baby after this one, you should definitely find a new doc!
  • I have called so many times seeing when the next appointment opening is and it is just him so I have no idea why I can't see who is covering for him. In the middle of April I found out my due date had changed from May 20 to June 2 and now being 9 days from my original due date I don't know what to do. I keep hearing FTM's go over their due date but with everyone around me being FTM's I think that's crap and they just come whenever. Out of almost 15 females I know over this past year 2 went over their due date the rest were early. I know pressure is a symptom especially when baby really gets ready, my cramps just alarmed me because of how painful they were and I have a pretty good pain tolerance.

Around 130 am they turned into real contractions and were so spread out I quit counting and tried to sleep. I haven't had contractions today just cramping so hopefully I can get some answers Friday when my doc is back.
  • Oh I'm definitely not going to have him for my second lol
  • Pressure and cramping seems normal to me...I have been having lots of both with on/off contractions and I am 2cm & 20%...have been for days (I am STM)...I have had pretty intense contractions 10 min a part for over an hour 2 separate evenings this week...but then they stopped and I got back to sleep. I think a trip to L & D would be premature for what you are describing, but that's based on my experience and everyone's different...it never hurts to call.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards