Parenting after a Loss

Sleep Poll

Happy Friday, everyone!

Just curious how everyone's LOs are sleeping.

1. How old is your LO?

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times?

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.)

Angel Baby: missed m/c 3/9/2009 at 8 weeks, D&C 3/13/2009 

Re: Sleep Poll

• 1. How old is your LO? Harper is 5 months (will be 6 months on Tuesday!)

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times? She usually wakes 2 or 3 times each night. Occasionally I can pat her back and shush her back to sleep but mostly I have to nurse back to sleep. She has only STTN twice in her life.

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.) Some times she sleeps in her crib and sometimes she sleeps with us. I hate that we are starting this bad habit but sometimes it is the only way I can get her to sleep and since we have both been sick I've been letting it go. I am hoping to get her into a good routine of sleeping in her crib every night once we are both well.

• Ahh, sleep has been my obsession these last few months so I'm curious to hear what everyone else says. 

1. DS is 4 1/2 months

2. BWHAHAHA NOPE, not even close to STTN, never has either. Each night is a complete surprise with DS, no matter how consistent we are. On a good night he will go down, wake a half hour later to get "topped off" and then will give a good 4- 4 1/2 hour stretch. After that he's up every hour or so, not necessarily to eat, just needs comfort, rocking, or paci until about 6 am. Last night was the worse night yet with him being up every hour for no apparent reason!!! 

3. DS sleeps in his crib. He slept in his RNP until 3 months. However, his sleep habits were similar to now so we decided to move him to the crib to see if it improved at all and so that we don't have to worry about the transition later.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • 1. Our girls are 3.5 months old

2. I guess technically they STTN although I'm not sure I'll totally count it until I don't have to get up at all Smile most nights they go down between 7:30 and 8:00pm and wake up about 4 or 5am to eat. Then they'll go back down for another 4 hr. However we've had a couple of nights (like last night) where they slept until 6:45am. It was fantastic.

3. Until this past Tuesday they slept in mini cribs in our room. We had 2 of these:

Hauck Dream N Care Portable Crib, Beige

However they've outgrown them and so this week we moved them to their cribs in the nursery. We'd had them doing the second half of the night (or early morning) in there for awhile but now they are in there full time.

• image pangnl79:

Ahh, sleep has been my obsession these last few months so I'm curious to hear what everyone else says. 

1. DS is 4 1/2 months

2. BWHAHAHA NOPE, not even close to STTN, never has either. Each night is a complete surprise with DS, no matter how consistent we are. On a good night he will go down, wake a half hour later to get "topped off" and then will give a good 4- 4 1/2 hour stretch. After that he's up every hour or so, not necessarily to eat, just needs comfort, rocking, or paci until about 6 am. Last night was the worse night yet with him being up every hour for no apparent reason!!! 

3. DS sleeps in his crib. He slept in his RNP until 3 months. However, his sleep habits were similar to now so we decided to move him to the crib to see if it improved at all and so that we don't have to worry about the transition later.  

I've been obsessed lately, too...mainly because I want more of it! 

• image Jessiebug81:

1. Our girls are 3.5 months old

2. I guess technically they STTN although I'm not sure I'll totally count it until I don't have to get up at all Smile most nights they go down between 7:30 and 8:00pm and wake up about 4 or 5am to eat. Then they'll go back down for another 4 hr. However we've had a couple of nights (like last night) where they slept until 6:45am. It was fantastic.

3. Until this past Tuesday they slept in mini cribs in our room. We had 2 of these:

However they've outgrown them and so this week we moved them to their cribs in the nursery. We'd had them doing the second half of the night (or early morning) in there for awhile but now they are in there full time.

That is awesome and I would definitely call that STTN!  

• 1. DS is 9 weeks tomorrow.

2. He usually sleeps one 4-6 hour stretch, but has had one 7 and one 8 hour night so far.  He'll wake up once to eat, then go back to sleep for a few more hours. 

3. He sleeps in a PNP in our bedroom. 

image                              image                                  

September PAL Siggy Challenge;

Favorite funny men 

• image Bumgellica216:
    image Jessiebug81:

1. Our girls are 3.5 months old

That is awesome and I would definitely call that STTN!  

ME TOO! Jealous :) 

BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • 1. How old is your LO? 7 weeks

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times?  Yes.  She started around 5-6 weeks.  She usually goes to bed around 10 and is up anywhere from 4:30-6:30 in the morning.  I consider us very lucky!

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.) RNP, we are planning on moving her to her crib at 3 months or so.

• 1. 10 months and some change

2. She does STTN, occasionally she will wake around 6 to nurse for 5 minutes and then go back to sleep for a few more hours

3. She sleeps in her crib in her own room 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.26.12 | 7lb 10oz | 20.5in
  • 1. How old is your LO? 14 weeks today!

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times? We have had two fluke STTN occasions, but generally he's up once around 2-3 to eat, and back to sleep within 15-20 minutes (including eating time).

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc. He sleeps in his crib normally, but this week he's been in his bouncy seat because of an ear infection in order to keep him slightly elevated. Go figure, the second of the two random STTN moments happened this week in the bouncy seat.

imageimageimage
    BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
    BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13
    BFP#3: 9.4.14, EDD 5.16.15
  • DD is almost 9 months old. She does not STTN, and on average wakes between two and three times a night to nurse (fortunately only one of those is after we go to bed, anywhere between 3 and 4 a.m.). She sleeps in her crib, and has since she was about three and a half months months old.

Just for your edification, she USED to STTN. She started when she was about 7 or 8 weeks old, and would only wake to fuss for her pacifier a little now and again. She stopped STTN when she was about four and a half months old and her wake ups have almost always been about being hungry.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ChloBubChloBub
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Love Its

1. How old is your LO? 7 weeks yesterday

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times? It depends on the night, but based on this past week she usually goes to bed around 10, wakes around 3 to eat, sleeps again until 6 and then again until 7:30 or 8:00.  

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.) She sleeps in a RnP in our room.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • 1. How old is your LO? 5 weeks

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times? K wakes up twice during the night to eat, and goes right back to sleep.

3. Where does your LO sleep? crib, bassinet, cosleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.
    Sadly she sleeps in bed with me, but we have been working on transitioning
    to the RNP. Transition has been rough, but I know it's better for her.

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

AL Always Welcome

• 1. How old is your LO? 9 weeks

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times? Yes he does sleep through the night (9:00pm-6am)

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.) We just moved him to his crib in his room.  He had been in our room in a PNP before that.

BFP - 9/17/11 M/C - 10/13/11 @ 7.5 weeks We will love you forever, little baby!
    June '12- 100mg Clomid + HSG Trigger + TI = BFP!!! BFP Chart
    Beta #1 (10DPO)= 18 Beta #2 (12DPO)= 46 Beta #3 (15DPO)= 250
    IT'S A BOY!!! Elijah James born March 7th, 2013!
    SURPRISE!  Micah Wesley is due May '14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How old is your LO? 7 weeks

I think I heard that a 5 hour stretch of sleep is considered STTN. DD usually goes down between 9-10, then wakes around 4 to eat and goes back to sleep until 7-8. I'd consider that STTN and I think we are very lucky. 

She does sleep in her crib in her own room. We only have a bathroom separating our rooms so I feel like its close enough to keep an eye on her and we have the baby monitor going all night. She does daytime naps in the RNP in the living room. 

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • morkmork
    5000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper

1. 7mo today!

2. She STTN, 10-11hrs per night. She does occasionally wake for a little milk, maybe once every other week. ETA: She's been STTN since 3.5mo, when she started cluster eating before bed and slept longer and longer, then we added the Miracle Blanket and bam! She's recently swaddle free and still STTN.

3. She sleeps in her crib in her own room. We always leave her radio on low, or a book on a tape, as she sleeps better with noise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • image mork:
    1. 7mo today!2. She STTN, 1011hrs per night. She does occasionally wake for a little milk, maybe once every other week. ETA: She's been STTN since 3.5mo, when she started cluster eating before bed and slept longer and longer, then we added the Miracle Blanket and bam! She's recently swaddle free and still STTN.3. She sleeps in her crib in her own room. We always leave her radio on low, or a book on a tape, as she sleeps better with noise.nbsp;

The Miracle Blanket was a huge turning point for us too!
  • E is 7 weeks.

I consider her sleeping through the night. She sleeps 7 hours, wakes for a diaper change and bottle, back to sleep for 4 hours until the next changing/feeding.

She sleeps in a mini crib by my bed at night and in her crib for naps. Although she is in my arms napping right now. Wonder week 7 has her wanting mommy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 19 months. Usually STTN, sometimes teeth or the like wake him though. Crib.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (HrHz)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• 1. They are 5 months and some change

2. YES!!! they started around 13ish weeks or so. They go down between 7:30 and 8, and typically do not wake until at least 6:15. Though there have been a few nights that they slept until a glorious 8:00am!

3. Cribs. We transitioned them out of rnps at 3 months, because they were sleeping in our room and were SUCH noisy sleepers!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 22 months.

She STTN since 3ish months, although she's had many spurts of night waking. Every few months, it seems. At this stage, she wakes up, cries briefly, and puts herself back to sleep.

She just started sleeping in a bed last night. She flings her arms in her sleep and was bonking her head/arms on the crib railings while she was sleeping, so I figured she could use the extra room.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• 1. 7 months next week!

2. Henry -Yes, 10-12 hours a night like some kind of crazy zen master. 

Ruby - Sometimes, usually up once though.

Autumn - Up once to twice a night. 

3. All in their cribs since about 2 1/2 months old.  

ttc since June 2010. 
    Our prayers were answered October 16th, 2012.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

So Many Babies

O12 May Challenge - Retro Snark  (Writers and teachers, can I get a hell yeah?)

• 1. How old is your LO?

DS is 21 mos, DD is just over 2 mos

DS wakes a couple times a night, we don't feed him.  DD wakes once to eat and goes back to sleep. 

DS sleeps in a crib, and we'll being him in bed in the morning.  DD sleeps in a RnP or in bed.

"Grow old and be bold and know that you are the magic of my song" -Stephen Leonard

BFP 1: missed mc @ 5w2d/discovered @ 11w+, 11/07, BFP 2: natural mc@ 6w+/-, 6/08, BFP 3: bradycardia & abnormal growth @ 6w to 9w, no hb 9w5d, 8/10

BFP#4: Baby W is born at 41w1d on 7/18/11

BFP# 5: EDD 3/8/13, Baby C arrived 3-4-13.  "March forth, little girl" :)

BFP# 6: EDD 8/25/14, Please complete our family, bebe <3 </font>

*In my bag:  Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Nikon F65, Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8DX, Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4D, Nikkor 105mm Micro 1:2.8D, Sigma 70-200mm D 1:2.8 APO DG HSM, (2) SB-700, (2) SB-24* 

• 1. How old is your LO? 22 months old.
    2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times?He STILL does not STTN. He doesnt wake to eat anymore, just for comfort. He'll sleep for about 4 hours, then he wakes up about once an hour after that.
    He sleeps in his toddler bed until his first wake up, then he sleeps in bed with me. It's the only way I can handle the once an hour wake ups and keep any ounce of sanity.
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • image mork:
    1. 7mo today!2. She STTN, 1011hrs per night. She does occasionally wake for a little milk, maybe once every other week. ETA: She's been STTN since 3.5mo, when she started cluster eating before bed and slept longer and longer, then we added the Miracle Blanket and bam! She's recently swaddle free and still STTN.3. She sleeps in her crib in her own room. We always leave her radio on low, or a book on a tape, as she sleeps better with noise.nbsp;

That's interesting that the swaddle worked at 3.5 mos!

• 1. How old is your LO? DD is almost 8 weeks old.

2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times? She usually goes down by 10, wakes between 3 and 4 to nurse and then again at 7. I am not complaining, especially since she goes right back down after the feed and diaper change.

3.  Where does your LO sleep? (crib, bassinet, co-sleeper, PNP, RNP, etc.). She sleeps in a bassinet in our room and will be until she outgrows it, maybe at 4 or 5 months.

BFP#1 12/24/11 missed m/c 2/10/12, measuring 8w4d. BFP #2 7/7/12, Little miss F born March 17, 2013, via c-section.
  • image ikissedthecook:
    1. How old is your LO? 22 months old. 2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times?He STILL does not STTN. He doesnt wake to eat anymore, just for comfort. He'll sleep for about 4 hours, then he wakes up about once an hour after that. 3. Where does your LO sleep? crib, bassinet, cosleeper, PNP, RNP, etc. He sleeps in his toddler bed until his first wake up, then he sleeps in bed with me. It's the only way I can handle the once an hour wake ups and keep any ounce of sanity.
    ,  Our kiddos are twins!!!  We ended up putting the crib rail back on DSs bed since he had regressed so much in sleep after DD was born and it helped.

"Grow old and be bold and know that you are the magic of my song" -Stephen Leonard

BFP 1: missed mc @ 5w2d/discovered @ 11w+, 11/07, BFP 2: natural mc@ 6w+/-, 6/08, BFP 3: bradycardia & abnormal growth @ 6w to 9w, no hb 9w5d, 8/10

BFP#4: Baby W is born at 41w1d on 7/18/11

BFP# 5: EDD 3/8/13, Baby C arrived 3-4-13.  "March forth, little girl" :)

BFP# 6: EDD 8/25/14, Please complete our family, bebe <3 </font>

*In my bag:  Nikon D600, Nikon D80, Nikon F65, Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8DX, Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4D, Nikkor 105mm Micro 1:2.8D, Sigma 70-200mm D 1:2.8 APO DG HSM, (2) SB-700, (2) SB-24* 

• LO is almost 5 months.

She goes down at 8, usually wakes once around 4, and then up at 7:30. Sometimes she wakes twice, every once in a blue moon she doesn't wake.

She sleeps in her crib in her room.

TTC #1 in Jan 2011, Annovulation suspected due to high glucose levels, started Metformin Sept 2011

BFP #1 01/27/2012, MC @ 5 wks

BFP #2 04/08/2012, EDD 12/19/2012, DD born 12/15/2012  

TTC#2 after AF returned in Jan 2014

BFP #3 04/15/2014  EDD 12/26/2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• 1. 16 months

2. Nope, she wakes at least once to eat and some nights she's up every hour to eat.

3. We bedshare.

For those of you in the trenches with everyone getting on you to: just CIO, no baby needs to eat after 2, 4, 6, whatever other magic number of months, it's just a habit, you're being manipulated, etc, I say hang in there. Ivy still wakes up to eat in the middle of the night because she's HUNGRY. She's had some gain issues and I can't tell you how crappy I'd feel if I had listened to everyone nagging me to just stop feeding her at night and then found out she needed every calorie. Some babies DO need the extra feeds, and if it is working for you there's nothing wrong with it. /soapbox. :)

BFP 12/17. Betas: 35 @11 DPO, 160 @13 DPO. HB at 7w4d, EDD 8/30. It's a boy! DS born 9/3.
  • image andrea ri 80:
    image ikissedthecook:
    1. How old is your LO? 22 months old.
    2. Does he/she STTN? If not, does he/she wake to eat? How many times?He STILL does not STTN. He doesnt wake to eat anymore, just for comfort. He'll sleep for about 4 hours, then he wakes up about once an hour after that.
    He sleeps in his toddler bed until his first wake up, then he sleeps in bed with me. It's the only way I can handle the once an hour wake ups and keep any ounce of sanity.
    ,&nbsp; Our kiddos are twins!!!&nbsp; We ended up putting the crib rail back on DSs bed since he had regressed so much in sleep after DD was born and it helped.

That's great! Unfortunately my DS has been like this pretty much his whole life. At least the toddler bed turned what used to be hours of putting him to sleep into 2045min. It's been a lifesaver in that department. However, if I thought it would help to bring he crib back, I definitely would. I'm glad it worked for you!
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13