February 2013 Moms

FFFC

Lets hear it. 

Mine is that in the morning, I will lay in bed still groggy for a few minutes, even when I hear DD waking up. She starts off just cooing, so I lay there with my eyes closed until she's a little more insistent. I have no problems jumping up in the middle of the night, but I think I fall into a deeper sleep when hubby is gone for the day. It's so much harder to get up.  

Re: FFFC

• I leave her in her crib when she wakes up from naps until she starts fussing. It gives me some extra time to finish whatever I'm doing!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I actually really like that DS goes to Daycare during the day now. I work from home and DH is in school at night so he is home during the day (he does the house work, studies..etc), so the plan was to keep him home until DH is done with School (August) but after 2 days we decided daycare was best. I enjoy the quiet and eating lunch with the hubs without having to entertain DS. I enjoy picking him up from Daycare and our night time routine so much more because of it.

• I was home with DS on Tuesday dealing with his ear infection, doctors appointments, etc. Well, he didn't poop all day, and I was really happy to drop him off at daycare on Wednesday knowing they would have to deal with poopapalooza instead of me.
    BFP #1: 12.30.11, MC 1.6.12 at 5w; BFP #2: 5.25.12, DS born 2.1.13; BFP #3: 9.4.14, MMC 10.13.14 at 9w
    Chart Linky
  • DD gets fussy when she's tired and won't ever just fall asleep on her own. It makes me irrationally upset. It's really hard to ever go anywhere in the evening because she always fusses around 7 or 7:30 when she starts getting tired. We always try to visit family on Friday and Saturday evenings, but it's getting to the point where we're wondering if it's even worth it. She just starts crying and no one can hold her anyway until she settles down, if she even does. I know she's a baby and she can't help it, but it's annoying to think that her bedtime might have to be that early.... how are we supposed to have any kind of a life if we have to be home by 7 p.m.?
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• SagenSagen
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

image kleigh926:
    how are we supposed to have any kind of a life if we have to be home by 7 p.m.?

You get use to it! If it is a school night we are home by then , 7:30 at the latest, to make sure we get all the bed time stuff done, and kids in bed by 8. If it is the weekend we might stretch it out a bit, but really we don't do much at night. If we stay out late a babysitter is involved.

LO head is a little misshapen. It happened during pregnancy, I am nothing if not vigilant about him not getting a flat head, and making sure he is not laying on one side more than another. It is not flat at all, just not all the way round hard to explain. Luckily his cute little face is perfect, so my DH who is a doc said he won't need a helmet. It isn't bad, just not this perfect circular  head. My niece had to wear a helmet, and I really don't want him to. Partly because I would feel horrible for him, it would have to suck to wear a helmet, partly because I am kind of shallow!

Mom to 4 cute kids, 10 y/o girl, 8, 6, and 1.5 y/o boys

• I posted this one on Parenting, but I'll post it again here...

If my ex showed up at my door and came onto me, I'd probably do it with him. Embarrassed

Also, I take wayyy too many naps with LO during the day. Which leads to very unproductive days.

Also-also, I'm so used to LO squirming and kicking my tummy when he cycles through sleep, that he actually yelled at me this morning to wake up. I mean, I was half awake, but I'm pretty sure he yelled with the purpose of making me get up, because tummy-kicking was proving ineffective. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image kleigh926:
    DD gets fussy when she's tired and won't ever just fall asleep on her own. It makes me irrationally upset. It's really hard to ever go anywhere in the evening because she always fusses around 7 or 7:30 when she starts getting tired. We always try to visit family on Friday and Saturday evenings, but it's getting to the point where we're wondering if it's even worth it. She just starts crying and no one can hold her anyway until she settles down, if she even does. I know she's a baby and she can't help it, but it's annoying to think that her bedtime might have to be that early.... how are we supposed to have any kind of a life if we have to be home by 7 p.m.?

Dude, I feel your pain. Except DS can't really be awake for more then an hour or so before he needs a nap. So, if I have to run an errand he usually ends up CIO in the carseat because its really hard to get something done in an hour round trip. I irrationally annoyed by this as well. I've called my mom while driving home semihysterical several times telling her how I will never be able to do anything that takes longer then 30 min again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • DD's double chin annoys me.

She's a totally normal sized baby with a normal baby double chin but it reminds me of an old man's chin/neck and I hate it when her spit up gets stuck in there behind it and she fusses when I try to clean it, her skin gets all dry under it, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Part of me is excited to go back to work because I'll get to wear high heels and makeup again. I'm too lazy to dress up at home.

Part of me is terrified because my mom is watching DD and I don't want her to judge me for having a fussy baby.
  • image kleigh926:
    DD gets fussy when she's tired and won't ever just fall asleep on her own. It makes me irrationally upset. It's really hard to ever go anywhere in the evening because she always fusses around 7 or 7:30 when she starts getting tired. We always try to visit family on Friday and Saturday evenings, but it's getting to the point where we're wondering if it's even worth it. She just starts crying and no one can hold her anyway until she settles down, if she even does. I know she's a baby and she can't help it, but it's annoying to think that her bedtime might have to be that early.... how are we supposed to have any kind of a life if we have to be home by 7 p.m.?

I understand how frustrating it is, but they do need the sleep.  My 3 year old has a 7:30 bedtime.  We've been in the "home by 7" camp for over two years now.  I get that it's hard to get used to.  However, getting him to bed early enough makes a huge difference in how he sleeps at night, which makes a huge difference in his temperament the next day.  It's worth it.  Be prepared for a little flack from IL's who don't get it, but I promise, having your baby home and in bed when she is ready is totally worth it.   

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."
    imageimage

Jack 04/29/10 dairy, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

• I'm just miserable this week! I locked my son in the car, had to drive him to the doctors today with bashed in windshield to have the doctor tell me that he needs soy based formula since he has such bad gas, after we just bought 2 cases of formula at Costco. She also wants me to put him in the crib and CIO since he refuses to sleep in it which she already told me at the last appointment but I'm just not ready for. My uncle took my car to be fixed and the place would not let him use my DH credit card so he paid for it and said to reimburse him. I have yet to tell him we dont have 400 in cash b/c we are on 1 income, we were just going to let it sit on DH credit card until I go back to work in September. Then my aunt finally agreed to watch DS in September which is absolutely wonderful but she wants 13 per hour which is almost 2000 per month and 1000 more than the most expensive day care in our area...I could go on and on.....Blah, Blah. End rant.
  • Mine is that I faked sick with my MIL so I could get out of going to a Mother's Day Tea Party tomorrow with a bunch of old ladies from her church. Teeheehee...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Christee25:
    I'm just miserable this week! I locked my son in the car, had to drive him to the doctors today with bashed in windshield to have the doctor tell me that he needs soy based formula since he has such bad gas, after we just bought 2 cases of formula at Costco. She also wants me to put him in the crib and CIO since he refuses to sleep in it which she already told me at the last appointment but I'm just not ready for. My uncle took my car to be fixed and the place would not let him use my DH credit card so he paid for it and said to reimburse him. I have yet to tell him we dont have 400 in cash b/c we are on 1 income, we were just going to let it sit on DH credit card until I go back to work in September. Then my aunt finally agreed to watch DS in September which is absolutely wonderful but she wants 13 per hour which is almost 2000 per month and 1000 more than the most expensive day care in our area...I could go on and on.....Blah, Blah. End rant.

i think Costco pretty much will take anything as a return.... Hopefully that will help a tiny bit... Or try selling it on CraigslistCraigslist 

• I am so ashamed to admit it but need to get off my chest! I feed DS in the car yesterday before going into target. So i just put him in his carseat not buckled in and thought i will remember when we go back in the car. Well as you can guess mommy brain got the best of me and about 3 blocks from my house I remembered O.o needless to say i learned my lesson and will buckle him in right away!!!
  • Drea926Drea926
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    Sometimes I feel resentful that I do the majority of the baby care and housework, even though DH is working and I am not right now. He is very helpful evenings and weekends, but then I'll get anxious because he's not doing things exactly how I do them. What the heck is wrong with me? I better get over that before DS starts daycare in September!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Drea926Drea926
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

image fitzgirl17:
    I am so ashamed to admit it but need to get off my chest! I feed DS in the car yesterday before going into target. So i just put him in his carseat not buckled in and thought i will remember when we go back in the car. Well as you can guess mommy brain got the best of me and about 3 blocks from my house I remembered O.o needless to say i learned my lesson and will buckle him in right away!!!

That was an honest mistake and Iuckily everyone was safe! If it makes you feel better, friends of ours who have a baby were driving and heard a loud click. The mom was like, "What was that?" And the dad shamefaced was like, "Oh, the sounds of the carseat actually clicking into place."

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• image kbates85:
    image kleigh926:
    Dude, I feel your pain. Except DS can't really be awake for more then an hour or so before he needs a nap. So, if I have to run an errand he usually ends up CIO in the carseat because its really hard to get something done in an hour round trip. I irrationally annoyed by this as well. I've called my mom while driving home semihysterical several times telling her how I will never be able to do anything that takes longer then 30 min again.

All of this. DS also has a short rebound rate, so going anywhere is just a waste of time because it's zero fun trying to soothe him down from an overtired meltdown. I also feel guilty for bringing him out if I know he's going to have a hard time. So I haven't left the house for more than an hour in two weeks, and it has made me insane with cabin fever.

My other one is that DS's last nap of the day often falls during his witching hour. He fights in and fusses so badly, and nothing works until he finally gives in to sleep. He doesn't want to be held, he doesn't want to be rocked. The only thing he semi-tolerates is his swing. It used to be the most stressful part of the day, but I've started turning into a positive for me. I just put him in the swing, pour myself a glass of wine, and go watch TV in my bedroom while he fusses it out until sleep.  I can see the swing from my bed, so he's totally supervised. But since nothing I do matters anyway (and in some cases I think makes is worse), I figure why get both of us in a tizzy?

• I haven't eaten fresh fruit or veggies since Monday or Tuesday because I'm too lazy to go to the store.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My mom has been in town all week and watching DD while I get house work done, run errands, pump etc.  I'm jealous that DD behaves better for her and seems happier around her.  The only thing I've really been doing with her are diaper chanes, bottles nd putting her to sleep.  Every time I've given her a bottle this week she's had a screaming meltdown.  I'm really starting to think my child hates me.
  • image marionravenwood:
    My mom has been in town all week and watching DD while I get house work done, run errands, pump etc. nbsp;I'm jealous that DD behaves better for her and seems happier around her. nbsp;The only thing I've really been doing with her are diaper chanes, bottles nd putting her to sleep. nbsp;Every time I've given her a bottle this week she's had a screaming meltdown. nbsp;I'm really starting to think my child hates me.

Are you stressed around baby? I know when i am stressed the baby can tell and gets fussy.
  • A lot of mornings, I will lay in bed and let the baby fuss, hoping DH will get up and get him instead of me.  Even if I hear him poop.  I will get up once he starts getting mad.  Poor little guy.

• image kbates85:
    image kleigh926:

I can totally relate!  I've had several fights with my DH this week because I wanted to run errands without taking our DD with me.  DH doesn't understand why I can't "just" take her with me.  My DD is only in good mood for about an hour when she wakes up.  By the time I feed her and we leave, that gives me about 30 minutes to get anything done before a meltdown happens.  Sometimes less because she hates her car seat.  

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • image fitzgirl17:
    image marionravenwood:
    My mom has been in town all week and watching DD while I get house work done, run errands, pump etc. nbsp;I'm jealous that DD behaves better for her and seems happier around her. nbsp;The only thing I've really been doing with her are diaper chanes, bottles nd putting her to sleep. nbsp;Every time I've given her a bottle this week she's had a screaming meltdown. nbsp;I'm really starting to think my child hates me.
    Are you stressed around baby? I know when i am stressed the baby can tell and gets fussy.

i've wondered this too.  You might be right.  Then I feel even worse that I'm stressing out baby.  Ugh there's no end to mom guilt, is there? 

• image Christee25:
    I'm just miserable this week! I locked my son in the car, had to drive him to the doctors today with bashed in windshield to have the doctor tell me that he needs soy based formula since he has such bad gas, after we just bought 2 cases of formula at Costco. She also wants me to put him in the crib and CIO since he refuses to sleep in it which she already told me at the last appointment but I'm just not ready for. My uncle took my car to be fixed and the place would not let him use my DH credit card so he paid for it and said to reimburse him. I have yet to tell him we dont have 400 in cash b/c we are on 1 income, we were just going to let it sit on DH credit card until I go back to work in September. Then my aunt finally agreed to watch DS in September which is absolutely wonderful but she wants 13 per hour which is almost 2000 per month and 1000 more than the most expensive day care in our area...I could go on and on.....Blah, Blah. End rant.

Holy crap, tell that woman that a professional nanny with college education in early childhood education and 10 years of experience is lucky to make $12! And I only made $12/hr when  the third child was born and infant duties were added to my roster! $13 for one child watched by family is a bit much.

Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards