August 2012 Moms

FFFC

I'm feeding G puffs and bumping. I needed a break.

I also gave him teething tablets to make him sleepy two hours before his naptime yesterday so that he would take his second nap at 12pm instead of 1/2pm because we had to leave for SO's commencement at 2:30.  Then, I took him on a 45 minute walk and he was passed out.

I also was glad SO's dad walked around with G while he screamed for two hours yesterday. The noise in the stadium was too much for him and honestly, it was nice to actually see SO walk and enjoy myself.

I was glad G woke up the minute SO tried to DTD this morning. I tried the other day and he was "too sleepy." Payback is a bittch, sucka.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: FFFC

• I bump stalked my sister a bit to see what she is up to (she is on the TTGP board). I notice DemoDoll over there too. I'm sure my sister looks me up too, I may get busted for this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • A girl I used to work with, who was promoted to manage a hotel over me, was fired from that hotel for stealing $10,000. I'm honestly not surprised. She had been on Maury not once, not twice, but THREE times. She was in jail for check fraud years ago in Texas. Once trash, always trash.

It's flameful because I'm reveling in someone elses misfortunate. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Msbean22:
    A girl I used to work with, who was promoted to manage a hotel over me, was fired from that hotel for stealing 10,000. I'm honestly not surprised. She had been on Maury not once, not twice, but THREE times. She was in jail for check fraud years ago in Texas. Once trash, always trash.
    It's flameful because I'm reveling in someone elses misfortunate. :D

Say what? Serves them right for hiring her. Twats.

I'm making this for a Stella & Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.

• image SpruceGrouse:
    I bump stalked my sister a bit to see what she is up to she is on the TTGP board. I notice DemoDoll over there too. I'm sure my sister looks me up too, I may get busted for this!

Bump stalking scares me. I like to keep my bump separate from IRL. I stalked Sept 12 awhile to see if my friend posts there, but I haven't seen anyone that resembles her.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• image Baker_Bride:
    image SpruceGrouse:
    I bump stalked my sister a bit to see what she is up to she is on the TTGP board. I notice DemoDoll over there too. I'm sure my sister looks me up too, I may get busted for this!

Bump stalking scares me. I like to keep my bump separate from IRL. I stalked Sept 12 awhile to see if my friend posts there, but I haven't seen anyone that resembles her.

Same Baker. Online communities once came up at a mom group I'm in. I kept my mouth shut.
    Sometimes I worry that people IRL know I'm on here and read what I say about them. Then I realize I'm really not that important, and finding me on here would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

• After getting my first tattoo, I am now seriously considering a sleeve.  Just my right arm.  

I feel bad for the way I came across in DH's and my fight yesterday, but not for the things I said.

I felt this way yesterday before our fight and after DH mentioned a day out.  I am bummed that DH couldn't come up with an actual gift for mothers day.  Last year I got a beautiful card and necklace when I wasn't expecting anything.   

• One and Done, not entirely by choice
    • I have Cystic Fibrosis, DH tested neg, All IF b/w, SA-normal
    • TTC started October 2009
    • IUI #3 gave us our perfect baby boy in August 2012AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am part of a local BFing group on FB. Many of the women are preachy and seem so high and mighty.  They make it seem like if you do not BF you are not trying hard enough, not educated, etc.

Sometimes it makes me not want to BF because I do not want to be associated with these type of women.

I BF my child because luckily it worked for us and it is still working. I wish women would get off their high horse and just support one another. 

995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image mollyxcate:
    I'm making this for a Stella amp; Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.

I made that twice last summer. It's easy and people love it.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Bemyselfandi:
    image mollyxcate:
    I'm making this for a Stella amp; Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.
    I made that twice last summer. It's easy and people love it.

I'm so excited to try it.

And double bonus, king sized kit kat bars were on sale at target for $1 yesterday so I saved a ton on those!

• skoozskooz
    250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Love Its

Somehow the baby monitor wasn't on this morning. I'm almost positive it was on when I went to bed last night so I have no idea what happened. Hopefully DD wasn't up crying in the MOTN because for the past few months she always wakes up at some point. Even if she did though, she was fairly happy when I finally woke up and the sleep was SO nice. I haven't slept 8 hours straight in months. Kind of makes me want to turn the monitor off at night. 

Another confession, I yelled at her yesterday :( there was food and pee all over the floor and she put her hand in her dirty diaper and DH has been gone for months so I was feeling way overwhelmed. I apologized though, pretty sure she forgave me ;) 

• I'm not a huge fan of other people's babies. Once kiddos get to the toddler and preschool stage I love hanging out with other people's kids, but even now that I have DD, someone hands me a baby and I'm all "WTF am I supposed to do with this?"

I'm a weirdo.

• Oh, and this is more of a UO, but I don't really care if strangers come up to DD as long as they don't touch her face, and aren't obviously sick or dirty looking. She's a ham and loves the attention!

• Drives me nuts that some people are so preachy and pushy in their opinions.  Like their way is the only way.

Like BF/FF  or NIP/using a cover

Everyone has their own opinions, as long as the baby is cared for and not in danger, let them be!

I guess there are extremist in all areas of life.

• image Maizey06:

I am part of a local BFing group on FB. Many of the women are preachy and seem so high and mighty.  They make it seem like if you do not BF you are not trying hard enough, not educated, etc.

Sometimes it makes me not want to BF because I do not want to be associated with these type of women.

I BF my child because luckily it worked for us and it is still working. I wish women would get off their high horse and just support one another. 

To add to this:

I think those mommy groups on Facebook consist of the b!tchiest women on the Internet. I have been added to at least three by friends. Initially, I watch bemused as they "b!tchhelp" each other by showing how much better they are at mothering. Then inevitably someone pisses me off to the point that I delete the group. I try. I really do...
    My Blog: Toronto Mama
  • image Saltylove:
    I'm not a huge fan of other people's babies. Once kiddos get to the toddler and preschool stage I love hanging out with other people's kids, but even now that I have DD, someone hands me a baby and I'm all "WTF am I supposed to do with this?" I'm a weirdo.
    I don't like other people's kids at any age! Actually, that isn't completely true. Now that the girls are in school, I do like talking to their little classmates. But younger than that? Bleh. They always seem dirty and boogery to me (and my kids are the champs of being dirty and covered with boogers - I am a huge hypocrite!).

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• I haven't had sex in over 2 weeks!

I'm afraid to sneeze.

On the bright side, Mr. Sexy on a Stick will be home tomorrow !!!

I know he hasn't seen the babies and kids in 2 weeks but, I'm declaring Mothers Day an actual freaking date night.

I do what I want....

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• I am taking my grandpa to lunch today and I don't really want to go.  My grandma died right before Easter, and he's having a rough time, but I don't ever know what to say to him...  I am making DH go with us so there is another person to talk.  He actually loves talking to my grandpa.

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• I have a little crush on New Jersey. Oh, there's a marathon of Jerseylicious on? I'm there. I freaking can't wait for the RHONJ to return next month on Bravo. I've started reading the Stephanie Plum series and I love doing the accent in my head. I may have been born in the wrong state!

• BPawsBPaws
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I don't understand the hype around Mother's Day. At all. In a few years when H can do stuff I think I will be excited, but it doesn't seem special to me for DF to do things.... I'm not HIS mum, I'm Henry's mum.

Also.... I'm questioning the purpose of Capri pants. Don't get me wrong, I like them....but what is the point? They're not much cooler than pants....

Team Green Due Date; July 14th 2014

Heinrich turns 2; August 5th 2012

Labour Buddy Threesome; Cakebatter27 & Shanaynerz

• image BayleighPaws:
    I don't understand the hype around Mother's Day. At all. In a few years when H can do stuff I think I will be excited, but it doesn't seem special to me for DF to do things.... I'm not HIS mum, I'm Henry's mum. Also.... I'm questioning the purpose of Capri pants. Don't get me wrong, I like them....but what is the point? They're not much cooler than pants....

I get what you are saying about Mothers day.  For me (I wont dare speak for everyone lol) it's a day to be recognized for all my hard work.  Being a mom is a pretty thankless job a lot of the time, so a little spotlight is nice.   

• One and Done, not entirely by choice
    • I have Cystic Fibrosis, DH tested neg, All IF b/w, SA-normal
    • TTC started October 2009
    • IUI #3 gave us our perfect baby boy in August 2012AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I raised the limit on my credit card to help us get through the next month or so, until my insurance changes at work, and my take home pay increases. We have to have money to buy diapers and formula and food. So far, we have not had to get into our retirement accounts, and I would like to keep it that way.

• Jnmac83Jnmac83
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 25 Love Its Combo Breaker

I rarely wear deodorant and when I do it's an after thought. I keep some in my desk and in my purse in case I feel like I need it, but I don't start my day putting it on. I just rarely sweat and I am pretty sure I don't smell. ha.

• DH admitted Wednesday he hadn't gotten me anything yet for Mother's Day then said "I'll be home late Thursday". I don't know what he got me but then asked if I could "leave the house for several hours Sunday" - um, not my ideal way to spend Mother's Day. I want to be with my son for my 1st Mothers Day and I'd like to relax, TBH. I had to ask 3 times what time he wanted me to leave and for how long without an answer and I got pretty snappy. I feel bad for being snappy when he's obviously trying to plan something for me and I feel bad for him because he's horrible at gifts but at the same time, he shouldn't procrastinate. This is my first Mother's Day. If you don't make a deal out of any other day, make a deal out of THIS ONE. It's like, "thank you for all you do as a mom". I'm a little worried the day is not going to go as I hope for.

Anniversary
  • image Baker_Bride:
    image SpruceGrouse:

It Kind of scares me too because I'm afraid people might see it but I guess it's not a huge deal, I'd rather be on there talking about TTGP because it helps me stay sane. Its worth it to get caught by a friend IRL. But I really don't think my friends go on those boards.... Fingers crossed lol.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Becc77Becc77
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

image Saltylove:
    I'm not a huge fan of other people's babies. Once kiddos get to the toddler and preschool stage I love hanging out with other people's kids, but even now that I have DD, someone hands me a baby and I'm all "WTF am I supposed to do with this?" I'm a weirdo.

I don't enjoy other people's children of any age. Except for my nephew, I generally find them all annoying, even my best friend's kid. Everyone, including my family, was shocked that I decided to have a baby.  

• I don't really want to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year. I know I should want to because of all the things she has done for us this year to help out with Rylan, but this is my first real Mother's Day and I kinda want to spend it with my little family and not have to share the day. We already have a family cookout planned or else I would say something.

• image Becc77:

image Saltylove:
    I'm not a huge fan of other people's babies. Once kiddos get to the toddler and preschool stage I love hanging out with other people's kids, but even now that I have DD, someone hands me a baby and I'm all "WTF am I supposed to do with this?"

I'm a weirdo.

I don't enjoy other people's children of any age. Except for my nephew, I generally find them all annoying, even my best friend's kid. Everyone, including my family, was shocked that I decided to have a baby.  

Haha, it's definitely different when its your own. Mine is pretty flammable because I work with kids, but like I said, they are older. It's the talking. If I don't really know the kid and they don't talk, I just don't know what to do with them!

• Medhp00Medhp00
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 250 Love Its Second Anniversary

I didn't realize Mother's day was this weekend.

I always feel like crap since SO is a SAHD and I work FT. I am really wanting time to myself and I feel like everyone thinks my job is my time to myself. I work with preschool children all day. It's not. As soon as I walk in the door from work SO is handing off Max and doing his own thing...for the remainder of the night. I still have to make dinner. We've discussed this but then that guild of "oh, he's home with him all day so I should feel bad" hits and I back off. I just want to exercise or have even 30 minutes to stare at the wall when I get home. I need to unwind some times too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I feel like my life is spinning out of control and I am not letting anyone help me with it. The best way I can explain it is the weight that you feel when you are tired or sick, that is how I feel all the time now. This started about 2 weeks ago and I feel like my marriage is going down the drains. I know it is my fault but I am not sure what to do. I feel if I go talk to someone they will just want to put me on meds to cover up what is going on and I don't see that being helpful.

I guess the FFC is that I can see that I am being a bad wife but at this point I am so far in my darkplace that I don't seem to be doing anything to fix it. My DH told me that I don't seem like I care about him anymore. I do but my body and mind is telling me I don't care about anything anymore.