Breastfeeding

Exercise and supply?

I went for my 6 week check up last night and dr cleared me to exercise.  He said it could affect my supply though.  Any idea how much? tia
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise and supply?

• jannv11jannv11 member
    I've been working out pretty hard and it hasn't.  I've read to wear tight fitting sports bra and drink lots of water.  Everyone's body is differnent but good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • For me, the first time i took a twenty minute leisure walk, my supply tanked for the rest of that day and all the next. Obviously, that was it for me.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I exercise regularly. Daily one to two mile walks or runs. So long as I am hydrated it has had zero effect on my supply.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For me, exercise increased my supply.  I notice it would decrease whenever I would stop exercising.  Personally, I think it's because when I'm regularly exercising I'm much more cognizant about how much food and water I take in (I eat and drink more, because I'm hungrier and thirstier).  Theoretically, as long as you're taking in enough calories and water, exercise shouldn't affect your supply.  You just need to make sure you're eating and drinking more than you were when sedentary.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"