January 2013 Moms

LO's bedtime

Hi ladies, just wondering what time you put your little ones to bed, and what time they get up in the morning. DD goes to bed between 6:30 and 7, but I was considering pushing it back a little to have a little more time with her after work and hopefully get her to sleep a little later in the mornings too. She is awake and wanting to stay awake by 5:30am. Thanks in advance!

Re: LO's bedtime

• ecu0505ecu0505 member

LO is typically in bed between 7:30p and 8p and is up anywhere between 6a and 7a.  Some mornings she will go until 7:30 but not a lot. 

• You kind of need to help them set their own.  Right now I last nurse her at 7, then put her in bed around 7:30.  She fusses and cries a little and I go in there a few times to replace the paci as she works on falling asleep, but she's usually asleep by 8:15.  On weekends when I don't wake her, she sleeps until 7/7:30.  Sometimes even 8.  But I usually have to go in there in the morning to put the paci in before she'll sleep that long. 
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • sarums4sarums4 member
    We start his bedtime routine with his bath at 7:15, and he's usually asleep by 7:45. Some nights earlier, if he starts getting fussy/sleepy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Big brother's bedtime is 8:30, so I get LO in jammies before we put him down and then once big bro is tucked in I swaddle and nurse LO. He's usually out by 9. He was waking up for the day between 7 and 7:30 but the last 2 mornings he's been up at 6:30. I'm not impressed. Especially since that includes a feeding at 5.
  • imageteds1chic:
    I asked this same question yesterday and got some replies. Here's the linkhttps://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/73911696.aspxnbsp;

Sorry, I missed this one! Thanks for including the link!

• We start bed time routine at 615, I would like for this to be later since I get home from work at 530 but home-girl just can't make it that long. She doesn't take a 4th nap (she is 4 months old) like she is suppose to so we always have a early bed time. She is asleep knocked out every night by 645pm some nights 7pm. She also kinda picked this bed time too so we just worked around it.

She wakes up most mornings at 615am on the dot, so I try and go off a 12 hour schedule as recommended. Meaning 7-7 or 6-6. If she wakes up around 5am we just let her fuss it out for about 3 mins and she is back asleep until we start the day. 

• imageashlena:

She wakes up most mornings at 615am on the dot, so I try and go off a 12 hour schedule as recommended. Meaning 7-7 or 6-6. If she wakes up around 5am we just let her fuss it out for about 3 mins and she is back asleep until we start the day. 

This is really the best advice ever.  If DD is fussing prior to 6:30/7, I do not take her out of the crib as I know she needs to sleep more.  Just because they wake early doesn't mean they are ready to be up for the day. 

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She is in her bed shortly before 9pm and usually wakes up around 9.30am

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Leo takes his last bottle at 8:30ish and is in bed by 9pm. We wake him up during the week by 6:20. When he "sleeps in" it's only til about 6:40.
  • Depends on whether we're traveling or not. When we aren't traveling I try to start the bath, book, bottle portion about 7 and he's usually out by 8ish. During trips to see daddy it's anyone's guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • since i dont get home till 7pm. LOs bedtime is around 10pm. he sleeps till about 630-7am. ive tried earlier and a little later and hes always up at the same time.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually put her down between 7 and 730. We have been having some sleep issues so her wake up time has been inconsistent...this week it's been between 7 and 8 wakeup time, but usually around 7 am.
  • She goes to bed between 8 and 9 and is usually up around 8 am.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"