February 2012 Moms

UO/Say Anything

Let's get the ball rollin' ladies..
January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!

Re: UO/Say Anything

• UO: Mine is kinda lame but, I'm LOVING Demi Lovato's new song "Heart Attack". I've been known to have my stereo in my car turned up and rockin' out to it.. Eli starts to dance when he hears it I've been playing it so much... Embarrassed

SA: I'm SO calm with this pregnancy it scares me. I should be feeling *something*, yet I'm just being so laid back about it. I'm not nervous, anxious, excited, anything. I mean, I'm happy and I'm hoping to God this is my take home baby, but I feel nothing beyond that. 

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • SA: I'm sick of doing dishes, once they are done there areole to wash and I even have a dishwasher! I just feel like all I do all day is clean up, I'm getting really tired of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • UO: I don't have one today...maybe later!

SA: It wouldn't bother me to never see my sister's husband again. I love my niece like crazy because she is the squishiest baby ever...but if I never see BIL again I would be just fine.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• mkarnsmkarns member

UO: I really like flossing.

SA: I just want our house to be done. These little details are so annoying and we have to spend all of our hours after C goes to bed picking out faucets, fans, light switches, and the dumbest details that nobody EVER even notices. I wish someone else would do it for me.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• jja0812jja0812 member

I may have an actual UO for once.

For several reasons, I really dislike a lot of those blogs that are super-popular right now with moms. First, if the only way you know to be funny is to drop the f-bomb every other word, then you are not funny. Sorry. I'm not a fuddy-dud and I'm not saying don't curse. I just think you can't rely on that to carry you. There are definitely a lot of bloggers out there who are hilarious (with or without profanity), but lately it seems I've seen a lot of wanna-bes that think excessive use of the f*ck word is comedy genius. Also, all these "letters to a mom" that everyone loves... I just feel like they all sound like they are written by the same person (to be fair, I feel the same way about a lot of the recipe bloggers). Either they all went to the same school and learned the exact same writing style, or they're all a bunch of copy-cats! Beyond that, I kind of just roll my eyes at the content. Don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of times where I feel like a crappy mom and I definitely don't think I'm doing it right all of the time. But I guess I personally don't see the need for validation from Susie Blogger.

Like I said, I know these blogs are super-popular right now so I'm sure my opinion is super-UNpopular. But it felt good to get that out!

• So... my SA:  My BIL and his wife bought a house.  They've been looking for like 2 months.  DH and I have been looking to buy a house (down payment READY) for more than two years.  I was jealous for like one hot minute... then I realized not only would I not want to live in the location they bought, I wouldn't want the crappy style of house they bought.  It also has a ton of landscaping and property... i don't think they have any idea what they are getting themselves into.  Then after feeling jealous, I realized how stupid jealousy made her look after our wedding (rip-off invitations, dress, flowers and music).  So, I'm over it. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemkarns:

UO: I really like flossing.

I'm with you!! It's so... refreshing.  Like cutting your toenails.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageStarbuck128:
    imagemkarns:

SA: I just want our house to be done. These little details are so annoying and we have to spend all of our hours after C goes to bed picking out faucets, fans, light switches, and the dumbest details that nobody EVER even notices. I wish someone else would do it for me.

Ah!!! Me! Me! I'll do it for you!!!!! Pick MEEEEE!!!!!

I was going to say the same thing!  I'm actually sad that we are finishing the last project in our house.  I won't have anything else to pick out.  We are almost done with the kitchen but everything has been picked out, it's just a matter of finishing the small stuff.  I love remodeling.  DH laughs because my to-go channel is always HGTV and I could spend all day on the weekends watching Bath/kitchen/yard crashers and rehab addict.  I think I get it from my dad since he use to build custom homes and we would spend countless hours in the sales office on his weekends. 

OU/SA: I love Criminal Minds but after last night's episode I may have to stop watching ones involving kids.  I kept having to look away and I told DH if they hurt the little girl I'm going to have to turn it off. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedanac2010:
    imageStarbuck128:
    imagemkarns:

I was going to say the same thing!  I'm actually sad that we are finishing the last project in our house.  I won't have anything else to pick out.  We are almost done with the kitchen but everything has been picked out, it's just a matter of finishing the small stuff.  I love remodeling.  DH laughs because my to-go channel is always HGTV and I could spend all day on the weekends watching Bath/kitchen/yard crashers and rehab addict.  I think I get it from my dad since he use to build custom homes and we would spend countless hours in the sales office on his weekends. 

OU/SA: I love Criminal Minds but after last night's episode I may have to stop watching ones involving kids.  I kept having to look away and I told DH if they hurt the little girl I'm going to have to turn it off. 

ME TOO!!!!!  but I was home alone with Allison sleeping upstairs, I swear I checked on her like 8 times that hour.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I like being clean. But I hate showers because they just drain me of all the energy I have.
    I need caffeine after every.single.shower. I take. . And it sucks.
  • imageMrMrsandBaby:
    imagedanac2010:
    imageStarbuck128:
    imagemkarns:

ME TOO!!!!!  but I was home alone with Allison sleeping upstairs, I swear I checked on her like 8 times that hour.

I told DH she was sleeping with us last night. She didn't but I did just go sit in her room for about 30 min after just watching her sleep.  Glad we don't have a nanny right now! 

• lancyjolancyjo member
    imageJessicameron:
    I may have an actual UO for once.For several reasons, I really dislike a lot of those blogs that are superpopular right now with moms. First, if the only way you know to be funny is to drop the fbomb every other word, then you are not funny. Sorry. I'm not a fuddydud and I'm not saying don't curse. I just think you can't rely on that to carry you. There are definitely a lot of bloggers out there who are hilarious with or without profanity, but lately it seems I've seen a lot of wannabes that think excessive use of the fck word is comedy genius. Also, all these "letters to a mom" that everyone loves... I just feel like they all sound like they are written by the same person to be fair, I feel the same way about a lot of the recipe bloggers. Either they all went to the same school and learned the exact same writing style, or they're all a bunch of copycats! Beyond that, I kind of just roll my eyes at the content. Don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of times where I feel like a crappy mom and I definitely don't think I'm doing it right all of the time. But I guess I personally don't see the need for validation from Susie Blogger. Like I said, I know these blogs are superpopular right now so I'm sure my opinion is superUNpopular. But it felt good to get that out!

I completely agree. One hundred percent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • jja0812jja0812 member
    Ha yeah. How about that. It's a pretty common persona for people to use online, apparently. The Internet hacker group Anonymous also uses it. If you want a history lesson, google Guy Fawkes.
  • I want to say thank you for posting those links, but really, I don't mean it.  I DO thank you for providing that service, but now I need some serious brain bleach.  Shouldn't ALL of the moms that wrote those bloody posts be making homemade banana gluten free pancake bites enhanced with raw super proteins to freeze while juggling enriching arts and crafts books instead of those tirades?

I agree, NOT a UO.  But nice try.

• imageklutzygrl26:

SA: DH and I got into an argument last night over whether or not DD should still be using a bottle.  She doesn't need it anymore.  Last night, I won and gave her a sippy cup of milk- which I warmed up for her- before she went to sleep.  She barely drank any and then slept through the night.  This morning, I accidentally woke her up giving her a goodbye kiss, so I helped him get her a sippy cup of warm milk ready again.  Then I ran out the door.  Unfortunately, I forgot my phone so had to run back into the house- to find that he had given her a bottle instead.  I'm so ticked off about it. 

Today, my mom took DD to her 15 month checkup and the pediatrician said absolutely no more bottles! I can't WAIT to go home and tell my husband... hehe

I'd be PISSED too!  

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having baby fever lately.
    I need to stop!
    I graduate next month. There's no way I can get pregnant the first year I start working.
    Or can I?

I just have too much going for me right now, it just can't happen.
  • jja0812jja0812 member
    image2chatter:
    I agree, NOT a UO.nbsp; But nice try.

Ha! I'll try harder next week! Mobile wink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"