August 2012 Moms

UO Thursday!

Lets hear some good ones ladies!

I completely thought it was Friday,
so I need a "daily post" to keep me on the right track.

Team Green Due Date; July 14th 2014

Heinrich turns 2; August 5th 2012

Labour Buddy Threesome; Cakebatter27 & Shanaynerz

Re: UO Thursday!

• I actually have one this week! I even wrote it down on Tuesday so I didn't forget it!

I dislike coffee.  I don't like the taste and it gives me a headache. I was exhausted yesterday so I went downstairs to the Dunkin Donuts (our office is in the same building - very dangerous) and got a cup of coffee. I took two sips and dumped it.  I needed the caffeine but not that bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't get the trend of painting all your nails but one one color, and then having a different color on your third finger.  What is that?  It looks awful.  Sorry if anyone does this, but it's weird and distracting, and honestly, I thought only Real Housewives did it.

DX: Endometriosis and Anovulatory Cycles 3/09
    TTC since 4/11, Laparoscopy 9/11
    10/11 Clomid 50mg... no ovulation
    11/11 Clomid 150mg... BFP 12/9/11
    Leo Nicholas, due 8/18, born 8/21/12 via C/S
  • BPawsBPaws
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    image kikimo327:
    I don't get the trend of painting all your nails but one one color, and then having a different color on your third finger. nbsp;What is that? nbsp;It looks awful. nbsp;Sorry if anyone does this, but it's weird and distracting, and honestly, I thought only Real Housewives did it.

I totally agree with this.

Also, women over certain ages using colours and styles best for teenagers looks ridiculous [my mother! She paints her nails bright metallic purple and neon green.... It looks awful].

• BPawsBPaws
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I don't really like potato chips. Pretzles, heck yes. But not chips really.

• image smile50208:

I actually have one this week! I even wrote it down on Tuesday so I didn't forget it!

I dislike coffee.  I don't like the taste and it gives me a headache. I was exhausted yesterday so I went downstairs to the Dunkin Donuts (our office is in the same building - very dangerous) and got a cup of coffee. I took two sips and dumped it.  I needed the caffeine but not that bad.

I'm extremely jealous that you have a DD in your office building.  I would KILL for that.  We don't even have a DD in town :( 

• Carnival Cruise lines should probably cut their loses, bring all ships to port for a few months an get their shiiit together.  

IMHO, their name is mud.  

• One and Done, not entirely by choice
    • I have Cystic Fibrosis, DH tested neg, All IF b/w, SA-normal
    • TTC started October 2009
    • IUI #3 gave us our perfect baby boy in August 2012AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Not sure if this is a UO or FFFC, but in k3pink's post yesterday, I am amazed at how many women lost their virginity at 14.  It actually makes me a bit sad, not because I believe that sex should be held for marriage, just the fact that in retrospect, you are SO young at 14.  So young. 

• I have one.

I hope my daughter is able to experience sex with at least a few different partners before getting married. Not that I want her to slore it up or anything, obviously. But I think sex is important, not only in relationships and marriage, but to one's own self image. Does that make sense?

That is in no way a jab at anyone here or anything, just my opinion.

• I do not like red velvet cake.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate when people preach about car seat safety. I know how to put my kid safely in his car seat, but I'm not about to go on FB and share a million photos on how you should do it or go to entire seminars about how to buckle my kid in. I think it's all over the top. Read the 20 page manual. I have bigger things to worry about than the fact that some people are too lazy to read.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• image poppyseed1017:
    I have one.

I hope my daughter is able to experience sex with at least a few different partners before getting married. Not that I want her to slore it up or anything, obviously. But I think sex is important, not only in relationships and marriage, but to one's own self image. Does that make sense?

I agree. I also hate to think of Howell getting married too quickly just to get laid. Again, I mean no offense to those for whom marrying as a virgin is important.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• image bigbootyjudi:
    I hate when people preach about car seat safety. I know how to put my kid safely in his car seat, but I'm not about to go on FB and share a million photos on how you should do it or go to entire seminars about how to buckle my kid in. I think it's all over the top. Read the 20 page manual. I have bigger things to worry about than the fact that some people are too lazy to read.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

Also, this is a little weird. The reason why the safety guidelines change so much is because things happen to cause them to have to change. I've read the manuals and I am not lazy in any way. It's just something that is important to me.

• image Baker_Bride:
    image poppyseed1017:
    I have one. I hope my daughter is able to experience sex with at least a few different partners before getting married. Not that I want her to slore it up or anything, obviously. But I think sex is important, not only in relationships and marriage, but to one's own self image. Does that make sense? That is in no way a jab at anyone here or anything, just my opinion.
    I agree. I also hate to think of Howell getting married too quickly just to get laid. Again, I mean no offense to those for whom marrying as a virgin is important.

Ditto this.  Some of DH's cousins have done this and have gotten married super young (and have also gotten divorced) ... there's no reason for that.  But then again, we know my stance on young marriage :) 

• image kikimo327:
    image smile50208:

I actually have one this week! I even wrote it down on Tuesday so I didn't forget it!

I'm extremely jealous that you have a DD in your office building.  I would KILL for that.  We don't even have a DD in town :( 

My office location is very dangerous:

We have:  Dunkin Donuts,Subway, Green Cow Yogurt (those self serve frozen yogurt places) and Cheeburger Cheeburger (with the most amazing shakes!)

Then to take it all off, we have Jenny Craig

Then for your lazy days, there is my nail salon, a massage spa and a tanning salon.

My office is on the second floor of a strip mall.  Very nice location.

• I don't like non stir peanut butter.

• image kikimo327:

image Baker_Bride:
    image poppyseed1017:
    I have one.

Ditto this.  Some of DH's cousins have done this and have gotten married super young (and have also gotten divorced) ... there's no reason for that.  But then again, we know my stance on young marriage :) 

The other thing is, I thought this guy and I were soulmates...until we had sex a few times. Sexual compatibility, man, it's important.

• image Baker_Bride:
    I don't like non stir peanut butter.

Me neither.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I still feel bad that we chased that lurker away from the holiday gift exchange.

• image bigbootyjudi:

I hate when people preach about car seat safety. I know how to put my kid safely in his car seat, but I'm not about to go on FB and share a million photos on how you should do it or go to entire seminars about how to buckle my kid in. I think it's all over the top. Read the 20 page manual. I have bigger things to worry about than the fact that some people are too lazy to read.

Agreed!! When I read things like that I immediately want to judge them for what kind of car they drive. It's really the same argument. Do you drive a brand new car that is fully loaded with the most up to date, brand new safety features? No? Then stop preaching and let people take care of their own kids. It doesn't matter what kind of car seat you have if you put it in a glorified coffin with wheels.

• image Baker_Bride:
    image kikimo327:

image Baker_Bride:
    image poppyseed1017:
    I have one.

The other thing is, I thought this guy and I were soulmates...until we had sex a few times. Sexual compatibility, man, it's important.

YES. I knew my H was the one when I met him, but I refused to even entertain the idea until we had sex. Then I was like oh ok yeah, I can marry him. Lol.

• image poppyseed1017:
    image Baker_Bride:
    image kikimo327:

image Baker_Bride:
    image poppyseed1017:
    I have one. I hope my daughter is able to experience sex with at least a few different partners before getting married. Not that I want her to slore it up or anything, obviously. But I think sex is important, not only in relationships and marriage, but to one's own self image. Does that make sense? That is in no way a jab at anyone here or anything, just my opinion.

YES. I knew my H was the one when I met him, but I refused to even entertain the idea until we had sex. Then I was like oh ok yeah, I can marry him. Lol.

I wised up after my divorce.  And DH and I had sex on our second date, just to make sure that it wasn't going to be an issue :)  Haha. 

• I just cannot get onboard with all of the funky nail polish colors, purple, blue, green, orange, etc.

I prefer just pinks and reds.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image BayleighPaws:
    image kikimo327:
    I don't get the trend of painting all your nails but one one color, and then having a different color on your third finger. nbsp;What is that? nbsp;It looks awful. nbsp;Sorry if anyone does this, but it's weird and distracting, and honestly, I thought only Real Housewives did it.
    I totally agree with this. Also, women over certain ages using colours and styles best for teenagers looks ridiculous [my mother! She paints her nails bright metallic purple and neon green.... It looks awful].

Haha, I don't do green or any other wild colors, but I do like really bright pinks and corals. DH says I look like a middle schooler. He only likes it when I use really deep colors. His favorite is OPI's "I'm not really a waitress" lol. 

• Tula214Tula214
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    I don't understand why people wear high heels to theme parks.

Or one the pertains to my current situation. I'm amazed that women get all dolled up to go to water parks, or even the theme parks. You are going to sweat, a lot! What's the point?

• image Tula214:
    I don't understand why people wear high heels to theme parks. Or one the pertains to my current situation. I'm amazed that women get all dolled up to go to water parks, or even the theme parks. You are going to sweat, a lot! What's the point?

Did you see the episode of Modern Family when Gloria wears stilettos to Disneyland?  Hilarious! 

• image smile50208:
    image kikimo327:
    image smile50208:

My office location is very dangerous:

We have:  Dunkin Donuts,Subway, Green Cow Yogurt (those self serve frozen yogurt places) and Cheeburger Cheeburger (with the most amazing shakes!)

Then to take it all off, we have Jenny Craig

Then for your lazy days, there is my nail salon, a massage spa and a tanning salon.

My office is on the second floor of a strip mall.  Very nice location.

I'm obessed with DD coffee, its the best.  Whenever I pass one, regardless of the time I have to get a medium coffee

image image
  • I get so stabby when people say 'if you want to lose weight you can't eat carbs' or say 'you eat too much fruit that is soooo sugary and it's not good for you'. You need carbs and natural sugars like those found in fruits are good for you.

I hate anything 'lite/light'. That is really just code for 'real foods taken out and replaced by artificial chemicals'.

Lean Cuisines and things like that are TERRIBLE for you.

There is absolutely no substitute for butter.

The end.

• image mollyxcate:
    I get so stabby when people say 'if you want to lose weight you can't eat carbs' or say 'you eat too much fruit that is soooo sugary and it's not good for you'. You need carbs and natural sugars like those found in fruits are good for you.I hate anything 'lite/light'. That is really just code for 'real foods taken out and replaced by artificial chemicals'.Lean Cuisines and things like that are TERRIBLE for you.There is absolutely no substitute for butter. The end. nbsp;

Fruits and vegetables are carbs. And butter is always awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image mollyxcate:
    I get so stabby when people say 'if you want to lose weight you can't eat carbs' or say 'you eat too much fruit that is soooo sugary and it's not good for you'. You need carbs and natural sugars like those found in fruits are good for you.I hate anything 'lite/light'. That is really just code for 'real foods taken out and replaced by artificial chemicals'.Lean Cuisines and things like that are TERRIBLE for you.There is absolutely no substitute for butter. The end. nbsp;

Can we add lite beer to that list? And reduced fat salad dressing. The very thought makes me nauseous.

• I love cheese but I HATE Cheetos.