2nd Trimester

What to look for on U/S regarding gender?

2»

Re: What to look for on U/S regarding gender?

• imagekatiebenes:
    imageMySunshine213:

I just find it really hard to believe that most women would be ok with not being able to SEE the baby's sex on screen.  Like if we all went to our a/s's and came home with no pic or had visual proof, I think most would be at least a little bummed.  I'm not saying I wouldn't trust the tech (although I have heard enough stories of techs being wrong), I just want to see!  As far as the OP, I don't know the backstory so maybe there's more to it, but I still don't get why it's a big deal to want to know the sex.  

Another thought, go for an elective u/s to find out.   

lol, I came back from mine and the lady tried her hardest to point it out to me but it was like looking at sour cream flung at a wall... I could NOT see anything on baby b... so I guess I did go home with no "proof" and was okay with it  

lol oh I totally get that.. When the tech showed me the 3 lines at my DD's a/s I did eventually see them, but of course I didn't really know what I was looking at.. But at least I got the chance to see and have it be explained to me.  It's one of the fun parts of being pregnant! :) 

DD ~ 8/30/09 DS ~ 10/13/13
  • imageshakes:
    imagekatiebenes:

imageshakes:
    It's kind of funny because after almost 6 years on these boards I have made it very clear that The Bump has changed my misguided opinion of educated Americans. I'm sorry for you that you're going to miss out on that.

I am glad to hear this. dumb people always tend to get noticed quicker... 

It's very true. The U.S is painted with one huge ignorance brush and it's obnoxious. I can't tell you how happy I am to have met many of you who opened my eyes. I always considered myself a progressive and open minded person but I was quite ashamed when I grew to realize the majority are very kind and educated people. However, people like OP make me nervous regardless of where they come from simply based on her pissy flip out. Sucks.

Geez.  Sounds like the Canadians are talking $hit about us. 

• Loading the player...
  • Liz4444Liz4444 member
    This thread took an odd turn.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• NNGnomeNNGnome member

OP, I am going to ignore your anti US rant, as an English/American Expat living in Canada, I would just like to point out that it was a BSC thing to say, but I am going to assume it is the stress and crazy PG hormones this time.

I too have a high risk pregnancy and with DS I had over 30 u/s, and this one isn't likely to be any different.

I understand trying to find a good point in the u/s as high risk u/s are scary, every time I go in I am just on pins and needles hoping my little boy is still doing OK.

From the point of view of wanting to see the sex, whenever I had a scan they asked before we even started whether I know the sex or not, even though they are only checking an artery in the baby's head, as when they first go to check they don't know where the baby is. We always just said, yes we know it's a boy, and 9 times out of 10 we saw the penis on the u/s as he was breach and they always started checking low down...never understood why as I am sure my chart said he was breach but just to let you know, chances are they will ask you and because you already know they will not hide his anatomy from you and you will see it just fine, if not just ask at the end of the u/s most techs are fine to show you once they are done with their checks.

Also, even though I am high risk and always worried about the health of my child, I still asked for pictures at a few of my u/s, just because the pregnancy is high risk and we are worried, doesn't mean that we don't have the same wants as parents of "normal" pregnancies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• imagecaramia582:
    imageshakes:
    imagekatiebenes:

imageshakes:
    It's kind of funny because after almost 6 years on these boards I have made it very clear that The Bump has changed my misguided opinion of educated Americans. I'm sorry for you that you're going to miss out on that.

It's very true. The U.S is painted with one huge ignorance brush and it's obnoxious. I can't tell you how happy I am to have met many of you who opened my eyes. I always considered myself a progressive and open minded person but I was quite ashamed when I grew to realize the majority are very kind and educated people. However, people like OP make me nervous regardless of where they come from simply based on her pissy flip out. Sucks.

lol, hang out on the less popular internet sites... the whole world talks *** about the USA... think about the things that are most visible from outside the US... Honey Boo Boo, frivolous lawsuits, and the morons who have no clue about anything happening in the world (or even the middle school kids who do NOT know that alaska isn't next to hawaii... yeah, that happens)

In general from what I've seen, the internet view on america can be summed up with the word "MURICA" 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • shakesshakes member
    imagekatiebenes:
    imagecaramia582:
    imageshakes:
    imagekatiebenes:

imageshakes:

lol, hang out on the less popular internet sites... the whole world talks *** about the USA... think about the things that are most visible from outside the US... Honey Boo Boo, frivolous lawsuits, and the morons who have no clue about anything happening in the world (or even the middle school kids who do NOT know that alaska isn't next to hawaii... yeah, that happens)

In general from what I've seen, the internet view on america can be summed up with the word "MURICA" 

Yup. But it's been long before the internet. Like anything, the worst and most ridiculous is what gets attention. It's the general perception of America, sadly. Canadian's don't do a lot of shiiit talking in the first place lol. Well, on the whole anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"