Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

MC options-please help

Hello ladies,

i just found out today my 8w2d fetus stopped growing. The doctor gave me the option of a D&C or passing naturally. I chose to wait one week. The fetus stopped growing 4 days ago. But after doing some Internet reading, I'm scared and think I might want a D&C sooner. Is Monday too long to wait? We are supposed to go out of state this weekend for a wedding. What would you suggest? 

Any advice would be appreciated.

 Thanks. 

Re: MC options-please help

  • I was scared of surgery and I wasn't passing things naturally so I tryed medications. To make a long story short the meds didn't completely work and I ended up having the DC anyway. I wish I would have had the DC right away so I could start to heal. I hope things go smoothly for you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • I don't think going out of state for you or your partner is a very good idea right now. The day that "I found out my pregnancy was not viable I was a wreck. Then I had my d&c the next day and it was fine. Then I went for  weeks like a zombie, 

    There are a lot of emotions and sh  it to go through. I wouldn't think going away right now would be a very good idea, JMO 

  • Thanks for the advice. I have so much to think about! Sorry for your losses.
  • I might be an outsider here on my advice, but I would wait. Seriously as a doula, I can tell you I have seen women take up to 8 weeks to finish a miscarriage, with no infection of course. It is natural and doesn't damage your uterus. Yes a DC is safe, but it's scraping your uterus, and it takes months to heal whereas naturally your body can heal faster, if no infection occurs. I would wait. If you want to begin the labor, PM me and I will send you a natural labour induction you could begin and induce a natural miscarriage

    I am so so very sorry for your loss. Hugs
    DS Born July 25th, 2010
    BFP #2 26/03/13 - Our twins became angels 28/04/13
    DD Born at home on February 7th, 2014


      Family (9)
  • DMV was the best option for me. I wanted closure fast. Did not want to drag it out. I have never had surgery. It went fine recovery was fine. Just super emotional but that will be either way.
    image



    Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14



      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

    image


  • I'm sorry for you loss.

     

    This is such a personal decision. With waiting and still planning to go out of town this weekend you have to keep in mind that you could miscarry while you are away. If you opted for a D&C it would be over and you would have some light bleeding or spotting while gone, if you still choose to, but I would probably just stay home. Your emotions will most likely be all over the place for a while. 

    Personally, I couldn't wait for things to happen on their own. I was given Misoprostol to start the process since my body carried the pregnancy for 4 extra weeks. It didn't work and I decided to go with a D&C, I just couldn't handle waiting any longer.  

    image     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                  ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
                               image                     
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I miscarried naturally for two Mc's and I don't regret it. Your body will either absorb some or all of it or expell it. It depends on how patient you are really, and what's going on in your life at the time.
  • image Stephanie185:
    I might be an outsider here on my advice, but I would wait. Seriously as a doula, I can tell you I have seen women take up to 8 weeks to finish a miscarriage, with no infection of course. It is natural and doesn't damage your uterus. Yes a DC is safe, but it's scraping your uterus, and it takes months to heal whereas naturally your body can heal faster, if no infection occurs. I would wait. If you want to begin the labor, PM me and I will send you a natural labour induction you could begin and induce a natural miscarriage

    I am so so very sorry for your loss. Hugs


    I can't pm you from my phone but can you please send me that information? I'm waiting to miscarry right now also... Thanks so much.
  • I'm sorry for your loss I agree with PP. Dand C is most likely faster And easier. Also going out of town is taking a chance but its your decision. With eitherf u way u choose anything could happen..I had complication5 days after my DandC and had to go back to dr...and I'm still bleeding and having pain its been 3w1d since. So just try weigh the pros and cons...and yes there will be a million emotions going througbh u...good luck thoughts and prayers
  • I am so sorry dear my heart is with you, I wish I could hug you.
    If you can get your DH or yourself to go to a health food store, call around first to make sure they have the following homeopathic remedies:

    Blue Cohosh caulophyllum
    Black Cohosh
    Ignatia Iamara Amara

    Most places will only carry 30Ch potency tinctures make sure to get the tincture, the pellets I find aren't as effective. if you ask specifically for 60CH Blue Cohosh they might have it in the back or can order it for you and have it there by 1 to 2 days. Stores don't usually hold it out on shelf because of its powerful effect on the uterus, and don't want people inducing abortions basically, but explain to them what is going on and they will be helpful.

    The other two are ok in the 30CH potency.

    Start by taking a dose of Black Cohosh in an ounce of water orally HOURLY for 12 hours. After that, stop the black, and begin the Blue Cohosh hourly for 6 hours if you can. The black Cohosh softens your cervix, the blue will induce contractions.
    The Iamara will help with your emotions immensely. It helps process and release grief and depression.



    Now, if you can't find 60CH Blue Cohosh, try the 30CH. If that doesn't work, ask them for PennyRoyal tea. It too is a very strong uterine contractor, so you'll have to ask, it might not be on the shelf. Take the Black Cohosh as above, and while you're taking it, brew a large amount, 5 litres is good. 3tsp of tea leaves to one litre of water.
    Sip on this through the day. I would aim to begin the Black Cohosh very early. I started mine at 4am, and just has the remedies by my bed.

    Take the Ignatia Amara 35 times a day as you feel you need to.

    If you have troubles finding these, I can call around your town for you too. Please keep me updated. When I get to a computer I will PM you, and if you want I can send you my number and you can text me. Hugs
    DS Born July 25th, 2010
    BFP #2 26/03/13 - Our twins became angels 28/04/13
    DD Born at home on February 7th, 2014


      Family (9)
  • *sorry about the ticker, I can't seem to remove and I need the support here*

     

     I'm sorry about your loss. I'm actually going through the same thing this week. In my case, the baby likely stopped developing at the end/beginning of 8/9 weeks, and I was 10 weeks. I started spotting Tuesday which is what prompted the ultrasound with the details...we met with the midwife to consider options on Wed and opted for cyrotec, but truthfully I was already in process even before we got home to insert it. I did insert it and things progressed quickly. 

     If I was you, I would not go out of town this weekend-as you can see above, once it starts it can be kinda quick, but it apparently took at least a week to start. I would let it progress naturally to where you're spotting and then maybe take meds (or not).  For me, I wanted to be home where I feel comfortable and in some control. I realize this is not always possible and sometimes a d & c is necessary. But I'd surely stay home this weekend in your case. Again, sorry.

  • I basically had the same experience. I chose to have it naturally because of the risks involved with a D&C. I know the risks are really small so it?s not something I would advise you not to do, it was a personal choice. I am not normally so organic but felt I wanted nature to takes its course. (it just felt right, not normally my way of thinking)

    Our baby stopped growing too at 10 weeks. It was very slow growth from the start and we sort of expected it.  My midwife gave me the a pill called  Misoprostol to speed the process along. I took it the first time vaginally and I got really sick and was in a lot of pain. After all of that nothing happened and I tried it again but this time oral and the same results. The doctor was shocked about this. So I would not skip this an option to speed it along. I would warn you I was in alot a pain. She said it would feel like a reallly bad period. It felt like the worst flu times 10. After this I chose not to try the pill again and just let it happen it about 4 weeks for it the happen naturally for me.  

    I have to say the worst part of it all was waiting. It was very emotionally draining and like you I had plans and would stress if it would happen while we were out. I canceled a weekend trip because I was so afriad it would happen while I was away.Even thought I was very happy to do it my way, if I ever have this happen to me again I would go with the D&C and not wait. My best advice is to go with what your doctor says and also what makes you most comfortable.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards