February 2013 Moms

Fussy LO in BF position

My LO has been eating and gaining weight normally and I am EBF. I wouldn't say he's a particularly fussy baby overall. But during at least one feeding per day, usually one in the afternoon, he gets fussy when I start to hold him horizontally, getting ready to BF. I've learned to be quick about it and get my boob in his mouth quick and he'll settle once the milk flows. But why does he fuss? Does anyone else's LO do this? Shouldn't he know that this is the position where he gets fed, or no? He doesn't like being held in cradle position by anyone really unless he's pretty sleepy. Likes being upright and facing out most of all. Is this just related to his preference for being held?

Re: Fussy LO in BF position

• Ahh, mine does this, too. I assume it's either not enjoying the position, gas or a combo. I've also noticed he's more likely to get upset about the position if he's tired and cranky. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe it's just impatience.  If my LO delatches and I think she's done and move her away, but she's not, she screams like I slapped her...
  • image brachysira:
    Maybe it's just impatience. nbsp;If my LO delatches and I think she's done and move her away, but she's not, she screams like I slapped her...

This. It's a race of how fast I can whip the boob out before he cries once he's hungry. Then like magic instant silence once it's in his mouth then he'll suck aggressively and grunt every once in a while he throws in a dirty look for not being fast enough. Sorry Your Highness.
  • Lbug09Lbug09
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    image adamsabigail14:
    image brachysira:
    Maybe it's just impatience. nbsp;If my LO delatches and I think she's done and move her away, but she's not, she screams like I slapped her...

This. It's a race of how fast I can whip the boob out before he cries once he's hungry. Then like magic instant silence once it's in his mouth then he'll suck aggressively and grunt every once in a while he throws in a dirty look for not being fast enough. Sorry Your Highness.

LOL!!!
  • We have the same as PP, impatience! Once LO gets put in the BF position I better not fool around, he's ready to eat immediately!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker