January 2013 Moms

I sometimes hate people...

So I was in Hallmark with C this afternoon looking for a card for my MIL when an older woman comes up to coo at C. It happens, he's adorable, so I stopped and answered her questions.

Yes, he's big for 13 weeks.

Yes, he's breastfed.

Yes, he sleeps well.

Yes, I'm a lucky momma to have such a great baby. 

NO, I AM NOT HAVING IRISH TWINS!!!!!

She seriously patted my stomach and asked if I was having Irish twins. ISHITYOUNOT! I wanted to cry. I have four more pounds to lose. Four. I know I'm a little squishy now, but seriously... that stung. A lot. I'm still sad. 

I'm going to go eat cheesecake now. It's obviously not worth it to lose all the weight if I still look knocked up. :( 

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: I sometimes hate people...

• Oh my goodness! Is that lady crazy!?How rude!

As hard as it may be don't let it get you down, some people just open up there mouth and insert foot. Only having 4 lbs left to lose is pretty awesome!

But by all means enjoy some cheesecake!

My Baby Blog:I carry your heart
  • OUCH! What is wrong with some people!?? Don't let stupid comments get you down.

Months before I ever got pregnant my grandmother put her hand on my tummy and asked if I was expecting... I was so appalled! And then... when I was 6 months along and just starting to show through clothes better... and was so proud of my bump? "You've got almost nothing there." was her comment. Ugh! Can't win!!

Also, I get the big for his age comment all the time too. What?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image image
                                                                                     S14 Sig Challenge: Swimming Pool Fails
  • Ughhhh...damn old ladies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• ObLaDiObLaDi
    2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its First Answer
    Oh man, that stings. I'm sorry!

I definitely still look a solid 6 months pregnant if I'm sitting. Standing is better, but still... I live in fear of the moment when someone asks. My hypothetical plan is to say "no, are you?" But I don't think I'd actually have the balls.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Uh if you only have 4 pounds left I must be pregnant with triplets! Wtf!

I feel you, you're like yes they are adorable so you understand why people stop and ask questions and talk and blah blah blah. But she crossed the line!

Sometimes I am in the mood, other times, like today I just smile when someone goes oooo baby and carry on!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I've been waiting for the day and had witty comebacks but it took me so by surprised I was blindsided and just said No! And she commented like Oh. It's still from this baby.
    Yes still this baby. I'm not Holly Madison or Heidi Klum. I can't be in a bikini in two months! If I had access to plastic surgery and a personal trainer then maybe. Ugh.
    Now I'm worried about seeing my husband this weekend.

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper

image zonagirlie:
    I've been waiting for the day and had witty comebacks but it took me so by surprised I was blindsided and just said No! And she commented like Oh. It's still from this baby. Yes still this baby. I'm not Holly Madison or Heidi Klum. I can't be in a bikini in two months! If I had access to plastic surgery and a personal trainer then maybe. Ugh. Now I'm worried about seeing my husband this weekend.

Oh no!  Don't worry about seeing your husband...I'm sure he is more than excited to see the real you.  This old lady was a moron.  All people should be aware of the "it took 9 months to put it on, it will take some time to take it off."  I wish I could have said something to her for you.  I definitely think people in Hollywood give us normal people an unfair image to live up too.  However, I would like to add to your list of surgeon and trainer a chef, stylist, and nanny.  Who wouldn't have time to look great with all of that, plus a limitless pocketbook?  Grr.  I feel your frustration here! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • OMG I say that all of the time----I HATE PEOPLE! Grrrr  So sorry people suck!